Author Topic: check with me!!!  (Read 4320 times)

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
check with me!!!
« on: November 10, 2015, 12:53:47 PM »
okay so a group of us discussed this at the game Thursday. Is this no the dumbest crap out there right now? we did it on a hail mary not once but twice to end the half. LIke what other rough ridin' play are we going to call there?  we also did it twice on the first play of the game to START THE rough ridin' GAME, i mean arent those plays scripted? can stupid joe not check at the line?

i hate everything right now so if i need checked thats fine.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: check with me!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 12:57:23 PM »
also the clap to snap is rough ridin' stupid as well.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 12:59:25 PM »
Meh
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 12:59:26 PM »
It's the system we run.

Not sure about clapping.  Lots of teams do that, maybe to combat defenses barking

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 01:01:00 PM »
Baylor was clap snapping and it was super loud claps
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 01:01:08 PM »
In check with me, if the defense aligns in a certain look it is auto check.  If the qb knows the adjustment my guess is he makes it at the line.  If not the sideline signals

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 01:02:57 PM »
Ok so clapping is easier to hear

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 01:03:39 PM »
I are call plays?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 01:05:27 PM »
Yeah, way too control freaky, short leashy, overthinky.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 01:05:29 PM »
In check with me, if the defense aligns in a certain look it is auto check.  If the qb knows the adjustment my guess is he makes it at the line.  If not the sideline signals

so why do it on 4th and forever with 2 seconds on the clock and everyone knowing what is coming not only once but twice? my point behind this is what good does it do? do our coaches actually think the other coaches dont watch game film? last week we were calling out the plays before they happened on this premise(obviously it easy to do with our staff)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2015, 01:10:08 PM »
Is this a new problem, like at all? We've never been good with a short clock because the entire offense is designed to waste time.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2015, 01:12:04 PM »
Is this a new problem, like at all? We've never been good with a short clock because the entire offense is designed to waste time.
nope not at all calling two time outs on the first drive is very normal

Offline 3gQ@T

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 01:18:36 PM »
What I don't understand is the huddle portion of our offense. We relay a play into the huddle, break the huddle to see what the defense gives us then check with the sideline. (And rush to change the play only to have the defense change their alignment/scheme in the final seconds of the play clock.) Seems like there could be a few less steps in this process.

Is this something that I think I see but isn't there or are other people as urked as I am?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2015, 01:19:18 PM »
Football is way too control freaky in every system.  There is no decision making on the players part.  I would rather our QB just be allowed to draw up every play with his finger on the palm of his hand.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2015, 01:19:55 PM »
is LHC Bill Snyder a megalomaniac? 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2015, 01:28:55 PM »
What I don't understand is the huddle portion of our offense. We relay a play into the huddle, break the huddle to see what the defense gives us then check with the sideline. (And rush to change the play only to have the defense change their alignment/scheme in the final seconds of the play clock.) Seems like there could be a few less steps in this process.

Is this something that I think I see but isn't there or are other people as urked as I am?

I've seen us walk up to the scrimmage without much of a huddle if we aren't changing personnel.  The huddle helps with personnel changes.  We change personnel groups all the time.  Much more than a lot of teams do.  If you were running guys on and off like we do without huddling we'd have 12 men all the time.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2015, 01:33:48 PM »

I've seen us walk up to the scrimmage without much of a huddle if we aren't changing personnel.  The huddle helps with personnel changes.  We change personnel groups all the time.  Much more than a lot of teams do.  If you were running guys on and off like we do without huddling we'd have 12 men all the time.

Along the same lines, don't we also utilize more formations than most Big 12 teams? Even if we audible from a pass to a run, it would be pretty difficult to just audible into a completely different formation.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2015, 02:14:29 PM »

Why do we change personnel groups so much?  Classic over-thinking if you ask me.  I mean it's not rocket science, just crash into some people and run into the endzone.  Keep It Simple Snyder.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2015, 02:19:58 PM »
FAN wrote stuff about our personnel changes in his Fanalysis RIP

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2015, 02:23:31 PM »
The current system is based on checking the defensive alignments and personnel groups which tip off coverages, stunts, etc. Much of this can't be seen by the players or even the coaches on the sideline, but can be relayed by the coaches in the press box. Our staff believes it can give us an advantage and I tend to agree with this. This has been the system we've had in place ever since Dimel and Miller came back for Snyder 2.0, its not like its new this year. No one complained about it when we had one of the best offenses in the country. Because of Klein's grasp of the offense and the talent on the offense we didn't check as much, but we still checked a lot.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2015, 02:26:04 PM »
The current system is based on checking the defensive alignments and personnel groups which tip off coverages, stunts, etc. Much of this can't be seen by the players or even the coaches on the sideline, but can be relayed by the coaches in the press box. Our staff believes it can give us an advantage and I tend to agree with this. This has been the system we've had in place ever since Dimel and Miller came back for Snyder 2.0, its not like its new this year. No one complained about it when we had one of the best offenses in the country. Because of Klein's grasp of the offense and the talent on the offense we didn't check as much, but we still checked a lot.
well, no crap but its not working and actually costing us now.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2015, 02:27:27 PM »

I don't think check with me is the problem.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2015, 02:30:14 PM »

see, i actually do. watched the last three games and we ran the same play out of the check with me audible probably 75% of the time (with a matter of variance with direction) the only time it actually was disguised well was with cook @ osu and that was more of the fact that they never thought he would throw. this is very very similar to 2004-05 when coach was behind the game and couldnt catch up.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2015, 02:32:40 PM »
okay so a group of us discussed this at the game Thursday. Is this no the dumbest crap out there right now? we did it on a hail mary not once but twice to end the half. LIke what other rough ridin' play are we going to call there?  we also did it twice on the first play of the game to START THE rough ridin' GAME, i mean arent those plays scripted? can stupid joe not check at the line?

i hate everything right now so if i need checked thats fine.

I appreciate the "hate everything right now" frustration, but the entire process is way more complicated than you comprehend.

I do, however, think that we should come up and run a quick play every once-in-a-while to force the defense to be "on-point" for the entire play clock.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2015, 02:34:12 PM »

see, i actually do. watched the last three games and we ran the same play out of the check with me audible probably 75% of the time (with a matter of variance with direction) the only time it actually was disguised well was with cook @ osu and that was more of the fact that they never thought he would throw. this is very very similar to 2004-05 when coach was behind the game and couldnt catch up.

Huebs could have been checking into the wrong play. 

There are a bazillion checks in the system.  It's his job to get to the right one.

I bet the coaches would say "well, we need to get better at checking to the right play"