Author Topic: ted cruz is a sociopath  (Read 83675 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: ted cruz is a sociopath
« Reply #325 on: February 20, 2016, 12:04:25 PM »
I'll just take a step back here. Can you even call it a democracy or republic when there is no right to vote? What you are proposing is probably the most fundamental change you can make in a government, which is changing voting from a right to a privilege.

Once you make that change, you allow for the possibility that a small few people have 100% of the voice in government. Maybe it wouldn't actually happen, but just creating the possibility is abhorrent enough.

Even when only white adult males could vote, it was still considered a right. Never have we had a system where ability to vote was based on variable (and almost certainly arbitrary) factors.

This is more conjecture. Why would such a system necessarily involve a very few people? What is abhorrent about excluding non-particinats from participating? Why is voting a right?

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 20, 2016, 12:54:37 PM »
Never have we had a system where ability to vote was based on variable (and almost certainly arbitrary) factors.

not going to look it up, but i think i recall that voting was restricted to property owners at some point.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 20, 2016, 02:31:22 PM »
Never have we had a system where ability to vote was based on variable (and almost certainly arbitrary) factors.

not going to look it up, but i think i recall that voting was restricted to property owners at some point.

When the constitution was drafted there were no provisions as to who could and couldn't vote do it was left up to the states. Many states required you to be a white land owner to vote but there were exceptions. I believe in New Jersey women and feed slaves could earn the right to vote. The first federal provision on who could vote didn't come until after the civil war, the 15th amendment. Which was intended to give blacks the right to vote but obviously there was more work to be done there.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 20, 2016, 03:03:49 PM »

I recall hearing something similar, but I guess I always figured it was more of a defacto thing (like to prove identity) rather than an actual "show me your deed to a piece of property before you can cast your vote."

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 20, 2016, 03:14:31 PM »

I'll just take a step back here. Can you even call it a democracy or republic when there is no right to vote? What you are proposing is probably the most fundamental change you can make in a government, which is changing voting from a right to a privilege.

Once you make that change, you allow for the possibility that a small few people have 100% of the voice in government. Maybe it wouldn't actually happen, but just creating the possibility is abhorrent enough.

Even when only white adult males could vote, it was still considered a right. Never have we had a system where ability to vote was based on variable (and almost certainly arbitrary) factors.

This is more conjecture. Why would such a system necessarily involve a very few people? What is abhorrent about excluding non-particinats from participating? Why is voting a right?

I feel like I'm dealing with a 5 year old who just keeps saying "why" (but also saying "that's just conjecture").

I'm saying it is per se problematic because it allows for a fundamentally non-democratic system. Sure, if the population got to decide who has a voice in government it could end up better, worse, or neutral compared to how things are today, but that is a different type of government than what we have. It is also one I think is far more capable of being abused, but you don't have to believe that to see my point.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: February 20, 2016, 03:34:57 PM »
I recall hearing something similar, but I guess I always figured it was more of a defacto thing (like to prove identity) rather than an actual "show me your deed to a piece of property before you can cast your vote."

i'm pretty sure it was more of a way to keep poor people from voting.  mir obviously knows a lot about this period, perhaps he can clarify.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 20, 2016, 03:44:00 PM »

i'm pretty sure it was more of a way to keep poor people from voting.  mir obviously knows a lot about this period, perhaps he can clarify.

I'm not completely sure if that initially was the motivation or not. I think that is a slightly cynical view that the initial motive was to disenfranchise, but that very well may be the case. The poll tax era after the fifteenth amendment was clearly meant to disenfranchise after the pool of voters expanded.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #332 on: February 20, 2016, 09:16:04 PM »

I feel like I'm dealing with a 5 year old who just keeps saying "why" (but also saying "that's just conjecture").

I'm saying it is per se problematic because it allows for a fundamentally non-democratic system. Sure, if the population got to decide who has a voice in government it could end up better, worse, or neutral compared to how things are today, but that is a different type of government than what we have. It is also one I think is far more capable of being abused, but you don't have to believe that to see my point.

I've asked you several times why you think voting should be a birthright, and likewise what is abhorrent about earning the right to vote, and every time you've responded with some slippery slope unfounded conjecture that if you had to earn the right to vote we'd end up with an oligarchy. Yet, as it stands today, everyone can vote and according to bern we're spiraling towards oligarchy.

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 20, 2016, 09:24:36 PM »
Tapping out. I don't think I can say it any other way that would get you to understand why it is a problem to pick a socioeconomic status that is acceptable in order to have a voice in government.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 20, 2016, 09:26:40 PM »
i've pretty much convinced myself that cruz is going to get enough delegates to crown either trump or rubio.  what is he going to want?  trump, it seems to me, can only offer the vp or a cabinet position.  rubio, through the party, can offer so much more.  maybe cruz wants mcconnell's job?  or senate support for whatever crazy ass crap cruz is going to want.

what a world.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 20, 2016, 09:32:53 PM »
No way Cruz wants majority (or minority) leader. He would get humiliated by his failure to reach any kind of agreement within the party or across the isle. He likes/needs to be an outsider. I'd be a little surprised if he got reelected to the Senate when his term is up honestly.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 20, 2016, 09:49:09 PM »
No way Cruz wants majority (or minority) leader. He would get humiliated by his failure to reach any kind of agreement within the party or across the isle. He likes/needs to be an outsider. I'd be a little surprised if he got reelected to the Senate when his term is up honestly.

Are you aware of what state he hails from and how popular he is there?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 08:14:58 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 20, 2016, 10:04:40 PM »

Are you aware of what state he hails from and how popular he is there?

That would be my state, and I am very sorry I voted for him.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 11:23:05 PM by catastrophe »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 20, 2016, 10:49:22 PM »

I agree. What he'll get is either a show on FNC, a syndicated radio show, or Pat Robertson's seat at the 700 Club.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 21, 2016, 08:15:46 AM »
Well he'd make an excellent SC Justice...
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 21, 2016, 10:13:59 AM »
JFC

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 21, 2016, 10:41:21 AM »
Well he'd make an excellent SC Justice...

Borked
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 21, 2016, 02:28:33 PM »
0-99

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 22, 2016, 07:59:23 PM »
S-cruz's spokesman tried to float a video saying Rubio was a Bible hater.  Rubio said the opposite.  Supposedly S-cruz knew nothing about this.  Hogfarts.  He had to know.  Texas knuckedick politics don't work in the big tent.

Offline BrokenSky1113

• Fan
  • Heaper of Wampums
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 23, 2016, 12:14:36 AM »
Anything FSD dislikes = conjecture
"yeah he (she???) is probably the worst fan we have" - Meow Meow

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: February 23, 2016, 12:59:11 AM »
In a lot of movies that take place in the future there's two classes of people, citizens and everyone else.  To become a Citizen you typically have to contribute something to society (e.g., enlist in the military to fight against aliens, devote your life to civil service, pay taxes, etc.). If you don't want to do whatever is required to be a citizen, no biggie, you just don't get to vote.

I used to think it was just an interesting, common, predictable sci fi thingy.  Now I look at how stupid and useless many of the people are who vote, and how they rough ridin' register bums to vote and then absentee vote them, and it doesn't seem so far fetched.

If you contribute nothing to society, why should you get to vote?  Why is it a birthright instead of something earned? I think if it had value it would have importance, and we wouldn't be in the predicament we're in today.
I could get behind this.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 23, 2016, 06:21:32 PM »
Some hayseed who has land on I70 next to the Paxico exit put up a giant Ted Cruz banner for the delight of all the passing motorists today. They used those large round bales stacked 2 high as a base for the banner supports. I wonder how long it will last before a gust of wind takes that sign into the next county   :lol:   I'll try to get a pic of it on my way to work tomorrow.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 23, 2016, 06:26:51 PM »
jordy :curse:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 23, 2016, 06:33:32 PM »
In a lot of movies that take place in the future there's two classes of people, citizens and everyone else.  To become a Citizen you typically have to contribute something to society (e.g., enlist in the military to fight against aliens, devote your life to civil service, pay taxes, etc.). If you don't want to do whatever is required to be a citizen, no biggie, you just don't get to vote.

I used to think it was just an interesting, common, predictable sci fi thingy.  Now I look at how stupid and useless many of the people are who vote, and how they rough ridin' register bums to vote and then absentee vote them, and it doesn't seem so far fetched.

If you contribute nothing to society, why should you get to vote?  Why is it a birthright instead of something earned? I think if it had value it would have importance, and we wouldn't be in the predicament we're in today.
I could get behind this.
Because when people like Fake and Reno ran the South "contributing" to society excluded people of darker hues.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 26, 2016, 08:16:14 AM »

I could get behind this.

If we just made everyone take the test that naturalized citizens have to take, that would eliminate a bunch of idiots probably.