Author Topic: ted cruz is a sociopath  (Read 83784 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: ted cruz is a sociopath
« Reply #300 on: February 18, 2016, 07:03:00 PM »
All of your guys want to increase military spending, btw. 

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 18, 2016, 07:03:31 PM »
btw, are these getting old?  Because I still crack up every time I post one lol.
They are old. But do what you want!

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 18, 2016, 07:44:23 PM »

So would you like it better if those folks couldn't vote to increase that if they couldn't pay their share?
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 18, 2016, 08:15:45 PM »
Tying someone's right to vote to even a relatively low threshold of income is ridiculous.

We can't really call ourselves a democracy unless everyone has an opportunity to vote. I personally don't even agree with taking away a felon's right to vote.

That said, social media has made me aware of how dumb people can be and it is very scary. I don't know of a reasonable way to fix that, though.

You don't seem very familiar with the history of "democracy." Democracies throughout history have imposed restrictions on who can vote, with good reason. We (a republic, btw) have our own restrictions currently.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 08:21:11 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 18, 2016, 08:50:38 PM »

So would you like it better if those folks couldn't vote to increase that if they couldn't pay their share?
No, it's a shitty idea either way.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 19, 2016, 11:45:05 AM »
Feels weird to have a conservative republican candidate beat up another candidate about how shitty his non English skills are.  Didn't Romney last cycle want to make English the official language?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 19, 2016, 12:47:28 PM »
i loved it when rubio shoved cruz's spanish in his narrow fat face.  i'm loving it even more when all these anglophones are giving bad translations of what cruz said and lolling at his accent (which was fine.  not cuban, but fine).

the whole thing is fascinating political tactics as well.  it a great question whether it helps or hurts cruz to speak spanish.  and whether it helps or hurts rubio to show off that he does.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #308 on: February 19, 2016, 01:12:38 PM »
Tying someone's right to vote to even a relatively low threshold of income is ridiculous.

We can't really call ourselves a democracy unless everyone has an opportunity to vote. I personally don't even agree with taking away a felon's right to vote.

That said, social media has made me aware of how dumb people can be and it is very scary. I don't know of a reasonable way to fix that, though.

We do not technically have a democracy, we have a representative republic. This representative republic is increasingly undermined by powers delegated to bureaucracies. We don't vote on hardly anything.

I don't thinks it's in anyway unreasonable to only allow "stakeholders" the right to vote. Out society selected a representative republic as its form of government. It is free to change that form at any time. An increasingly larger segment of the voting population (which is already restricted by age, felon etc) does not participate in society, never has and never will. They simply reap the benefits of living in the country. Why should they, by birthright, be entitled to a say in who represents the people who fund or run the government?  What is so abhorent about having to earn that right? If we want people to value and hold accountable the government that rules our society, there should be some effort or sacrifice put forward to earn the most basic right of participating in that process (ie, a stakeholder).

What the metric is, I don't know. $1 in taxes paid, some civil service, teach school, highway cleanup, I don't know. I just think the idea that you're alive so you get a vote is extremely antiquated given the current state of our government and society.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 01:17:18 PM by Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) »
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 19, 2016, 01:20:42 PM »
the smartest guy in the room ALWAYS corrects people about how the US government is technically a republic and not a democracy. It's very impressive.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 19, 2016, 01:22:21 PM »
the smartest guy in the room ALWAYS corrects people about how the US government is technically a republic and not a democracy. It's very impressive.

Right up there with freedom of speech only applies to the government guy
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 19, 2016, 01:33:05 PM »
i loved it when rubio shoved cruz's spanish in his narrow fat face.  i'm loving it even more when all these anglophones are giving bad translations of what cruz said and lolling at his accent (which was fine.  not cuban, but fine).

the whole thing is fascinating political tactics as well.  it a great question whether it helps or hurts cruz to speak spanish.  and whether it helps or hurts rubio to show off that he does.

I read a good article that discussed that this runs pretty deep in the hispanic community. There was a time when a lot of immigrants moved here and purposefully did not teach their children their cultural heritage in order for them to fit in. It seemed like the best idea at that time in our country. Now, there is a kind of snobbishness by those who kept their heritage. They tend to look down on those who can't speak their "native language" because it is a sign they have abandoned their heritage.

Whether or not that was Rubio's goal doesn't change that it brought that fight to the forefront. It most likely won't change a lot of voters minds, but it does show that you can't just group Rubio and Cruz together as the hispanic candidates. It shows that even in a small way, Rubio is more in touch with his heritage than Cruz is.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 19, 2016, 02:15:13 PM »

I don't thinks it's in anyway unreasonable to only allow "stakeholders" the right to vote. Out society selected a representative republic as its form of government. It is free to change that form at any time. An increasingly larger segment of the voting population (which is already restricted by age, felon etc) does not participate in society, never has and never will. They simply reap the benefits of living in the country. Why should they, by birthright, be entitled to a say in who represents the people who fund or run the government?  What is so abhorent about having to earn that right?

The idea you should have to earn the right to vote is a scary thought IMO. The biggest problem is that once you determine a certain standard should apply, there is very little stopping that standard from being ratcheted up to exclude more and more people. In fact, it's really not hard to imagine at all.

Say we've got 100 million folks who meet your proposed "right to vote" standards. What stops the top 70 million from saying, "my vote should count more than those people that are just barely hovering in the bottom few percent, let's raise the standards and cut out the bottom 30 million"? You could keep shaving off the bottom 10-40% in the same way until you are basically just left with an oligarchy.

You say our government is free to change its form at any time, but it could not do so democratically if you can remove people's right to vote by no fault of their own.

And FTR - I do think the no felons voting thing is BS.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 19, 2016, 02:21:47 PM »
right (i don't think it's in a small way, btw).  but at the same time most republican primary voters are not hispanics of caribbean descent.  i don't think mexicans, for example, look at or care how cuban rubio/cruz are in the same way that a cuban or even a puerto rican may.

and of course the vast majority of republican primary voters are not hispanic.  many, perhaps a majority, of non-hispanic (assuredly, some hispanic voters may as well) voters may prefer than cruz is more melting pot and less salad bowl.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 19, 2016, 07:42:18 PM »

I don't thinks it's in anyway unreasonable to only allow "stakeholders" the right to vote. Out society selected a representative republic as its form of government. It is free to change that form at any time. An increasingly larger segment of the voting population (which is already restricted by age, felon etc) does not participate in society, never has and never will. They simply reap the benefits of living in the country. Why should they, by birthright, be entitled to a say in who represents the people who fund or run the government?  What is so abhorent about having to earn that right?

The idea you should have to earn the right to vote is a scary thought IMO. The biggest problem is that once you determine a certain standard should apply, there is very little stopping that standard from being ratcheted up to exclude more and more people. In fact, it's really not hard to imagine at all.

Say we've got 100 million folks who meet your proposed "right to vote" standards. What stops the top 70 million from saying, "my vote should count more than those people that are just barely hovering in the bottom few percent, let's raise the standards and cut out the bottom 30 million"? You could keep shaving off the bottom 10-40% in the same way until you are basically just left with an oligarchy.

You say our government is free to change its form at any time, but it could not do so democratically if you can remove people's right to vote by no fault of their own.

And FTR - I do think the no felons voting thing is BS.

You're skipping the philosophical question and replacing it with conjecture.

Furthermore for one hundred years only white men could vote. Then society expanded the right to vote to men of color, then to women. The problem you're complaining of has existed and never come to fruition.

I want to know why you think someone who only reaps the rewards of society, without enduring any of the sacrifices, should be allowed to vote by birthright.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 08:37:49 PM by Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) »

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 19, 2016, 08:02:50 PM »
'cuz they are liberals that are ok burning the country to the ground.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 19, 2016, 08:08:14 PM »
we're not just ok with it, it's our sworn mission

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 19, 2016, 10:03:49 PM »

I want to know why you think someone who only reaps the rewards of society, without enduring any of the sacrifices, should be allowed to vote by birthright.

Because the policies of the country should be for the benefit of everyone, not just those who are determined to have "contributed."

I think as a practical matter, the freeloaders you are concerned with do not turn out to vote in substantial numbers anyway. However, the fact that they can vote still means something.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 20, 2016, 09:55:45 AM »

Because the policies of the country should be for the benefit of everyone, not just those who are determined to have "contributed."

I think as a practical matter, the freeloaders you are concerned with do not turn out to vote in substantial numbers anyway. However, the fact that they can vote still means something.

Again, conjecture.  Im not talking about different rules for the voting and non-voting classes. That alone affords the necessary protections against your speculative abuses (interests are alligned).  I'm just wondering why people who do not participate in society should be allowed to vote. That seems to undermine the system.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 20, 2016, 09:58:12 AM »
please define "participate in society" before we continue

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 20, 2016, 11:01:29 AM »
I'll just take a step back here. Can you even call it a democracy or republic when there is no right to vote? What you are proposing is probably the most fundamental change you can make in a government, which is changing voting from a right to a privilege.

Once you make that change, you allow for the possibility that a small few people have 100% of the voice in government. Maybe it wouldn't actually happen, but just creating the possibility is abhorrent enough.

Even when only white adult males could vote, it was still considered a right. Never have we had a system where ability to vote was based on variable (and almost certainly arbitrary) factors.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 20, 2016, 11:02:36 AM »
sounds like fsd is a communist

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 20, 2016, 11:03:35 AM »
sounds like fsd is a communist
He's been exposed as an atheist and now a communist in less than 24 hours. Wow!