Author Topic: ted cruz is a sociopath  (Read 83710 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: ted cruz is a sociopath
« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2016, 01:23:19 PM »
Why Trump - and I think to maybe an even greater extent, Cruz - can probably beat Hillary: they'll bring a ton of angry folks to the polls who either don't usually vote or have voted Democrat in the past. If Hillary loses even a couple rust belt states like PA, OH, and MI, she's toast. Cruz might be better situated than Trump to both bring these folks into the fold and hold onto the "establishment" vote.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/12/31/upshot/donald-trumps-strongest-supporters-a-certain-kind-of-democrat.html

That is a lot of hopeful thinking.  We don't even know yet if Trump can turn out primary voters.  The demographics for anyone in the Republican field beating Hillary are redic bad.

Let's say Hillary loses mean -15 is there any doubt that she outperforms any Republican candidate in the field by at least 15-20 points?  This election is not interesting in the least.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/158588/gender-gap-2012-vote-largest-gallup-history.aspx

Rubio and Cruz are both polling ahead of clinton, which is saying something at this juncture

Uh nope, http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_presidential_race.html

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2016, 02:43:23 PM »
Cruz's religious extremism is probably the most endearing thing about him.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2016, 04:47:35 PM »
Why Trump - and I think to maybe an even greater extent, Cruz - can probably beat Hillary: they'll bring a ton of angry folks to the polls who either don't usually vote or have voted Democrat in the past. If Hillary loses even a couple rust belt states like PA, OH, and MI, she's toast. Cruz might be better situated than Trump to both bring these folks into the fold and hold onto the "establishment" vote.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/12/31/upshot/donald-trumps-strongest-supporters-a-certain-kind-of-democrat.html

That is a lot of hopeful thinking.  We don't even know yet if Trump can turn out primary voters.  The demographics for anyone in the Republican field beating Hillary are redic bad.

Let's say Hillary loses mean -15 is there any doubt that she outperforms any Republican candidate in the field by at least 15-20 points?  This election is not interesting in the least.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/158588/gender-gap-2012-vote-largest-gallup-history.aspx

Rubio and Cruz are both polling ahead of clinton, which is saying something at this juncture

Uh nope, http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_presidential_race.html

Lol, did you look at that right? Both are polling ahead
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2016, 04:58:44 PM »
ummm.....
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2016, 10:32:19 PM »
Ha ha, Sanders is polling better than Clinton.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2016, 10:32:53 PM »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2016, 12:35:16 AM »

Lol, did you look at that right? Both are polling ahead

I see Clinton tied with Cruz and behind Rubio but within the margin of error. I see Bernie inside of the margin of error with Rubio but beating Cruz.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2016, 09:39:06 AM »
I see Clinton tied or losing to candidates despite having way way way more name recognition at this point.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2016, 11:27:16 AM »
I'm not a MG fan, I will have a hard time pulling the lever for her.  In fact, I probably won't vote for her. But living in Texas, it doesn't even matter if I vote or not. So, there's that. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2016, 11:33:46 AM »
I see Clinton tied or losing to candidates despite having way way way more name recognition at this point.

So. Is this american idol? The person with the greatest name recognition is winning the republican polls but losing to both democrat candidates. Who cares?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2016, 11:36:02 AM »
I don't recall typing recent 4-poll averaging ahead of clinton, or sanders.

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2016, 12:06:59 PM »

So. Is this american idol? The person with the greatest name recognition is winning the republican polls but losing to both democrat candidates. Who cares?

I'm simply making an observation that Clinton is losing or in a dead heat with several GOP candidates despite having far greater name recognition.

A great many people, maybe most, don't even pay attention to politics until a few weeks before the presidential elections. But everybody knows who Hillary Clinton is, and most already have an opinion of her. Thus, she has very little upside, or room for improvement. And her negatives are atrocious. By contrast, candidates such as Cruz and Rubio have far lower name recognition at this point and far more upside. Running even at this point in the race against candidates very few people know anything about should be very concerning to Democrats.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2016, 10:17:16 AM »

Yes, Obama won the "cool" vote in 2012. Had nothing to do with his record.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2016, 10:20:54 AM »

Yes, Obama won the "cool" vote in 2012. Had nothing to do with his record.

Are you maintaining the most established candidate should win?

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2016, 10:31:21 AM »
i don't think even Hillary Clinton (v recognizable name) supporters would describe her as "cool".

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2016, 10:32:00 AM »
however if she IRL had some dope A51 info that would be pretty cool

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2016, 01:40:18 PM »
This is why Cruz (or Trump, but please don't let it be Trump) can win rust belt states against Clinton. There is a bipartisan desire among the electorate for stronger border enforcement.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/05/politics/ted-cruz-immigration-border-ad-business-suits/

He's absolutely right.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2016, 01:58:20 PM »
This is why Cruz (or Trump, but please don't let it be Trump) can win rust belt states against Clinton. There is a bipartisan desire among the electorate for stronger border enforcement.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/05/politics/ted-cruz-immigration-border-ad-business-suits/

He's absolutely right.

That's cute but it won't play in the rust belt. How many presidential elections do republicans have to get run in before they understand these social issues are killing them? You think Joe in Toledo gives two shits about the Rio Grande? The ones that do are already republican voters anyway. Your people need to find new voters in those states and using illegal aliens as a scare tactic isn't going to do it if the democrats can convince voters that republican policy is pushing American jobs the other way over the border. Your party can't agree on immigration reform, maybe he should take a rough ridin' hint and leave it alone for now, he's vulnerable there anyway.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2016, 02:24:51 PM »

He's absolutely right.

That's cute but it won't play in the rust belt. How many presidential elections do republicans have to get run in before they understand these social issues are killing them? You think Joe in Toledo gives two shits about the Rio Grande? The ones that do are already republican voters anyway. Your people need to find new voters in those states and using illegal aliens as a scare tactic isn't going to do it if the democrats can convince voters that republican policy is pushing American jobs the other way over the border. Your party can't agree on immigration reform, maybe he should take a rough ridin' hint and leave it alone for now, he's vulnerable there anyway.

You're getting awfully touchy about this. We'll just have to disagree. I think jobs and the economy are far more important to most voters than social issues. And I think there is real (and justified) fear among "blue collar" voters about immigration killing jobs and driving down wages.

I also think working class voters don't particularly want a woman president - especially Hillary. Despite her being the overwhelming favorite for the nomination, many key unions have withheld their endorsements. Now of course she'll ultimately get them, but the fact that they're so reticent is telling.

Combine these two factors, and it is quite likely that Hillary will do worse in rust belt states than Barack Obama did. If you just want to cover your ears and shout curse words, go for it.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2016, 02:45:01 PM »
Also Hillary is a pathalogical liar and that won't go over well with blue collar people who actually have values as Republicans continue/increase their efforts in making sure everyone is aware of how much she will look you in the eye and blatantly lie.
@lopakman

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2016, 03:28:06 PM »
Also Hillary is a pathalogical liar and that won't go over well with blue collar people who actually have values as Republicans continue/increase their efforts in making sure everyone is aware of how much she will look you in the eye and blatantly lie.

That doesn't make her particularly unique with regard to presidential politics

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2016, 04:12:25 PM »
War mongering pathological liars are okay in politics . . . as long as they're Democrats.
yeah, we should get back to small government Reaganism where we only destabilized countries and propped up dictators in our hemisphere!
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2016, 04:17:01 PM »
War mongering pathological liars are okay in politics . . . as long as they're Democrats.
yeah, we should get back to small government Reaganism where we only destabilized countries and propped up dictators in our hemisphere!

Has the Obama (particularly Hillary) Administration been involved in propping up Theological Dictatorships and meddling in Central American and South American politics?  But I digress.

I don't recall saying what Reagan et. al did was good, but thanks for the reaching back into the dusty chapters of the Capt. Obvious playbook Whack-A-Doodle.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2016, 04:18:34 PM »

Has the Obama (particularly Hillary) Administration been involved in propping up Theological Dictatorships and meddling in Central American and South American politics?  But I digress.

I don't recall saying what Reagan et. al did was good, but thanks for the reaching back into the dusty chapters of the Capt. Obvious playbook Whack-A-Doodle.
Isn't the Gipper the standard bearer for Republicans or did you miss the last *all* debates?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2016, 04:20:11 PM »

Isn't the Gipper the standard bearer for Republicans or did you miss the last *all* debates?

I guess from that prism of history, the Gipper did a little meddling but wasn't big on regime change, nor really into bombing countries into submission in order to break them up.