Author Topic: Spirit Science  (Read 731 times)

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
Spirit Science
« on: October 26, 2015, 03:57:01 PM »
Was recently introduced to their work on youtube and there is a ton of very thought provoking material on their youtube channel. They have about 75 total videos and I've only watched about a half dozen of them so far, but have gotten something valuable from each so far.

This is the video that got me started watching the others:

Anybody else follow or watch these guys' work?  I'm of the belief that neither science, nor religion has all the answers.  Thus, both must work in concert to help us gain the greatest understanding of the world around us.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
bears are fast...

Offline FidgetBridget

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Spirit Science
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 12:22:12 AM »
I love these guys!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Spirit Science
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 08:56:45 AM »
I remember watching the original The Cosmos when i was in school and i loved it. It was my junior year, I'd :bigtoke: up and watch episode after episode, over and over again.

I remember an episode (ep7) concerned with the origins of knowledge.  Carl talked about the break from the epistemologicals (Pythagoras, Plato, Aristotle, etc...) as being the basis of knowledge to Democritus and Empedocles, basing what we know on empirical evidence, the Ionian approach.

He highlighted how important this was to mankind, how that change is what separated the worlds of antiquity from our world.  This made cosmos out of chaos, the universe is knowable.  But, that this truth was suppressed, that mysticism ruled the day and pythagorean solids and silly shapes imbued with mystic powers remain the norm for science for centuries to come.  This suppression of knowledge and reason did nothing but hinder mankind.

I get sent videos like these sent to me every know and then, got a buddy big into hallucinogens who loves them, and it always amazes me of how perfectly they fit into the fruitless school of Epistemology.  Talk and talk and talk, but no empirical evidence.  They even cite the dodecahedron being forbidden as proof of their discovery of secret knowledge, a fact Carl Sagan pointed out before i was born as an example of the suppression of knowledge and mystic silliness.

Heres that episode, i was talking about, if you care to give it a look.