Author Topic: Too many secrets  (Read 4049 times)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Re: Too many secrets
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2016, 11:19:12 AM »
What is secret today that shouldn't be secret?
The drone program comes to mind, also NSA mass intelligence gathering.

What is the drone program? 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2016, 11:27:57 AM »
Rather than try to guess what current classified information should be declassified, you can look at declassified information that see what kind of clandestine operations we ran in the past. Analyze events like the Iranian coup, the Nicaraguan coup, Bay of Pigs, mishandling of Iraq war intelligence, etc., and you realize that people running these programs aren't smarter than the average person and they need to be held accountable.

Look at Area 51 history in dax's article. How much money did we spend on spy planes (and trying to keep them secret), and for what?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 11:34:15 AM by michigancat »

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2016, 12:08:44 PM »
I agree with you mcat to some extent.  But, also, a lot of the defense spending of our generation was intended to fight the USSR and similar foes.  Thankfully, that never happened.  And in part because how much we spent.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2016, 01:28:28 PM »
What is secret today that shouldn't be secret?

How many times your picture is taken on the turnpike
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2016, 01:36:33 PM »
Why kind of surreal experience would it be to have armed guards come and lock you into your own home and tell you that you can't go outside until they say you can??

Thinking of the time frame and being a bit of an airplane enthusiast I imagine they did not want them seeing the SR-71 and its variations. 

One day you're just headed out to your land and blam-o a military security checkpoint is there on the only road in . . . next thing you know, you have to ask permission in advance to go visit your property.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2016, 01:41:33 PM »
The feds should have bought that family out 60 years ago. They should get paid a lot more than the value of their land at this point.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2016, 03:29:11 PM »
I agree with you mcat to some extent.  But, also, a lot of the defense spending of our generation was intended to fight the USSR and similar foes.  Thankfully, that never happened.  And in part because how much we spent.

This thread isn't about defense spending, it's about the government keeping secrets from the public. Post WWII we got rough ridin' looney and out of control with the crap.

Defense spending should be reviewed by the public to a greater extent than is currently allowed - there shouldn't be $60 billion "black" budgets.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2016, 07:24:48 AM »

This thread isn't about defense spending, it's about the government keeping secrets from the public. Post WWII we got rough ridin' looney and out of control with the crap.

Defense spending should be reviewed by the public to a greater extent than is currently allowed - there shouldn't be $60 billion "black" budgets.

Well like give me some examples of the secrets man.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2016, 07:35:17 AM »
Hunam's chilli oil

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2016, 09:37:30 AM »

Well like give me some examples of the secrets man.
Are you trying to be clever or just ignoring what I post?