Author Topic: Rafael Cruz  (Read 3815 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Rafael Cruz
« on: September 28, 2015, 01:05:56 PM »
I haven't seen this discussed on here but what percentage of his supporters are birthers? I'd guess 50% easily, ironic, no?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Rafael Cruz
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 01:07:54 PM »
Yes, it's fun that no one questions him about his nation of origin
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 01:13:51 PM »
Has that crazy teen that faked the @POTUS block, then got put on Rafael's staff as teen outreach coordinator or something like that been discussed on here? Because he pretty much sums up the people that support Cruz.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 01:16:39 PM »
I would have chosen "Tom" rather than "Ted".  Name recognition alone gets him elected.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 01:17:29 PM »
Has that crazy teen that faked the @POTUS block, then got put on Rafael's staff as teen outreach coordinator or something like that been discussed on here? Because he pretty much sums up the people that support Cruz.

What is this?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 01:19:31 PM »
I would have chosen "Tom" rather than "Ted".  Name recognition alone gets him elected.

I love that eddie murphy movie "distinguished gentlemen"

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 01:21:23 PM »

The story of him picking Ted as a nickname is pretty sad and pathetic

When he was 13, Cruz decided to change his name to “Ted.”

Born Rafael Edward Cruz, he’d gone by the nickname “Felito” most of his life. Cruz describes the nickname often resulted in him being teased. He refers to that time of his life as a time where he was an “unpopular nerd.”

“The problem with that name was that it seemed to rhyme with every major corn chip on the market. Fritos, Cheetos, Doritos and Tostitos- a fact that other young children were quite happy to point out,” Cruz wrote.

Cruz wrote that his mother gave him the idea to change his name: “‘Ted’ immediately felt like me. But my father was furious with the decision. He viewed it as a rejection of him and his heritage, which was not my intention.”

Rafael was also his dad's name BTW. His Cuban dad gave him his name and he rejected it for "Ted"

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 01:23:16 PM »
The kids were picking on him, so he changed his name. :lol:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 01:23:34 PM »
I don't think felito teasing had anything to do with corn chips...

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 01:23:48 PM »

The story of him picking Ted as a nickname is pretty sad and pathetic

When he was 13, Cruz decided to change his name to “Ted.”

Born Rafael Edward Cruz, he’d gone by the nickname “Felito” most of his life. Cruz describes the nickname often resulted in him being teased. He refers to that time of his life as a time where he was an “unpopular nerd.”

“The problem with that name was that it seemed to rhyme with every major corn chip on the market. Fritos, Cheetos, Doritos and Tostitos- a fact that other young children were quite happy to point out,” Cruz wrote.

Cruz wrote that his mother gave him the idea to change his name: “‘Ted’ immediately felt like me. But my father was furious with the decision. He viewed it as a rejection of him and his heritage, which was not my intention.”

Rafael was also his dad's name BTW. His Cuban dad gave him his name and he rejected it for "Ted"

A history of backbone.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 01:24:19 PM »

Yeah, I was thinking that it sounds awfully close to a sex act.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2015, 01:25:26 PM »

Yeah, I was thinking that it sounds awfully close to a sex act.

Just a little one, though.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2015, 01:26:29 PM »

What is this?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/09/25/why-did-a-13-year-old-conservative-star-apparently-hoax-the-white-house/ 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2015, 01:29:13 PM »
"Bye Felito!" (Shuts door)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2015, 01:31:15 PM »
One of my classmates helps manage his campaign.  Any tostitos scoops I should be after?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2015, 01:35:36 PM »

What is this?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/09/25/why-did-a-13-year-old-conservative-star-apparently-hoax-the-white-house/ 

:sdeek: that kids video about cops and a clock was linked here

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2015, 01:41:24 PM »

What is this?

:sdeek: that kids video about cops and a clock was linked here

The kid knows his crowd thats for sure. Got to give him credit for that. It seems like every other year there is some hero conservative kid, i really missed my chance to be a hero liberal kid during the Bush administration.  :bang:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2015, 03:45:15 PM »

Plenty of people have questioned his eligibility based on his country of birth (Canada). But it's pretty well settled that Cruz is a citizen based on the federal statute at the time that made a child born to an American citizen also a citizen no matter where they are born.

So why doesn't that same law apply to Obama and make his location of birth irrelevant? Because Obama's mother did not qualify for the law in place at the time due to her limited years of residency in the U.S. Therefore, Obama could not avail himself of the same statute and it was essential that he be born in the United States.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2015, 03:47:08 PM »

Plenty of people have questioned his eligibility based on his country of birth (Canada). But it's pretty well settled that Cruz is a citizen based on the federal statute at the time that made a child born to an American citizen also a citizen no matter where they are born.

So why doesn't that same law apply to Obama and make his location of birth irrelevant? Because Obama's mother did not qualify for the law in place at the time due to her limited years of residency in the U.S. Therefore, Obama could not avail himself of the same statute and it was essential that he be born in the United States.

How many years of residency are required?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2015, 03:49:06 PM »
I totally ignored most of the birther nonsense.  What is the law about obama's mom?  I mean, she was born a US citizen and in KS, right?  Is there a limiting factor that can effect that after the fact?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2015, 03:58:22 PM »
Here is the law that was in effect at the time of Obama's birth. http://tesibria.typepad.com/whats_your_evidence/1952_Immigration_and_Nationality_Act_66Statxx_TitleIII_Chapter1.pdf

See Section 301(a)(7)....

The following shall be nationals and citizens of the United States at birth:
(7) a person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an
alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than ten years, at least five of which were after attaining the age
of fourteen years: Provided, That any periods of honorable service in the Armed Forces of the United States by such citizen parent
may be included in computing the physical presence requirements of this paragraph.

I don't claim to be an expert on Obama's mom because I tend to think he was born in Hawaii and this whole debate is irrelevant, but apparently Ann Dunham didn't meet these residency requirements, and Obama's father was not a citizen.

Cruz's mom, on the other hand, apparently did meet these requirements.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2015, 04:12:46 PM »
Interesting.  All the calls for his birth cert and this is the first I have ever heard of the possible issue being his mom.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2015, 04:21:10 PM »
what's the big deal about using your middle name?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2015, 04:24:14 PM »
Edward is his middle name

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2015, 04:27:31 PM »
I am not sure Obama was born.  Heard on very late night talk radio that he is an alien from a far away planet.