Author Topic: Clock kid should quit whining  (Read 28108 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Clock kid should quit whining
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2015, 03:40:45 PM »
This is why we need to arm teachers.  Coulda just wasted the kid. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2015, 03:44:29 PM »
Yeah Jeb's a cut off the Goldwater block ...said no one ever.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2015, 04:07:08 PM »
This is why we need to arm teachers.  Coulda just wasted the kid.

It would have definitely been a clean shoot.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2015, 04:08:32 PM »
As far as I can tell, Jeb is Ronald Reagan 2.0.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2015, 04:32:12 PM »
Well you do realize that real neocons and neocons posing as liberals hated Reagan, right? 

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2015, 04:33:28 PM »
So Reagan was a leftist too?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2015, 04:54:49 PM »
So Reagan was a leftist too?

i've often heard the phrase "by today's standards" used when discussing this.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2015, 06:04:53 PM »
Lib isn't exactly . . . deep.   You know what I'm sayin?

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2015, 06:09:12 PM »

you are quite dense.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2015, 06:11:36 PM »

you are quite dense.

Not really.

I just figured it was pretty common knowledge for anyone that actually studied political history to understand that the hard right really didn't like Reagan all that much, particularly because of the huge military buildup that basically didn't get used to do anything besides scare the Russians.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2015, 06:58:50 PM »
Irving texas is a very interesting place.  Its one of the most racially diverse cities in the U.S
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2015, 07:14:25 PM »
bad renocat. bad.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2015, 08:32:52 PM »
This wasn't the resource officer and they weren't discussing a playground fight.  The kid was questioned by cops for an alleged crime yet parents weren't notified until he was at the police station being finger printed. 

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
And that is how the system works.  If administrators called parents every single time a kid was in the office there would be zero time to do anything else. This I know. When law enforcement or any outside agency is involved, schools have to abide by their rules and regulations. They make contact with parents when they determine the time to be appropriate.

This wasn't just being in the office.  This was him being questioned by cops for an alleged crime.  I mean, they took the time to call the cops(again, this wasn't the resource officer), but they couldn't take the time to call mom and dad?
I get that and apologize for not being more clear in my response.  Once law enforcement or children's services become involved in something, schools are directed to not contact parents.  If something becomes a matter of law, the school is not a part of it from that moment on.  So if the police were called to school and they interrogated or arrested someone, they make all contact with parents.  I believe that the circumstances of the investigation determine if parents are called previous to questioning.  Age has something to do with that. 

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2015, 08:35:01 PM »
This wasn't the resource officer and they weren't discussing a playground fight.  The kid was questioned by cops for an alleged crime yet parents weren't notified until he was at the police station being finger printed. 

And that is how the system works.  If administrators called parents every single time a kid was in the office there would be zero time to do anything else. This I know. When law enforcement or any outside agency is involved, schools have to abide by their rules and regulations. They make contact with parents when they determine the time to be appropriate.

Totally wrong, especially since he asked for his parents multiple times.
No, you are wrong. 

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2015, 09:34:36 PM »
Lib and his band of merry  doofusses trying to make Dax look dumb.  :lol:
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2015, 09:36:18 PM »
I should have not started my comments with Muslim. Have you guys seen a picture of this clock?   Limbaugh and Levin both said today it looks like a bomb and the school reacted as they ahould.  The kids mosque said the school did the right thing.  My point is the school reacted properly.  They were aggressive l grant, probably racial profiling involved. This past spring a group of high school kids sent emails here in Renoland about causing mayhem.  Police went nuts.  Educators and police are very cautious.  Obama and muslim activists are trying to spend this away from the school acting in accordance to Texas law.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2015, 10:57:33 PM »

i'm just trying to establish where dax feels the "center" is.  so far we have jeb and reagan are left of it.  some "slightly right of center" names would help out, but i'm not sure if dax will cooperate.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2015, 11:07:15 PM »

i'm just trying to establish where dax feels the "center" is.  so far we have jeb and reagan are left of it.  some "slightly right of center" names would help out, but i'm not sure if dax will cooperate.

Slightly right: Cruz, Walker, huckabee
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2015, 11:08:13 PM »
seems about right

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2015, 11:23:38 PM »
looks more bomby than clocky to me.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2015, 11:50:08 PM »
Tensions are high in Irving TX between the Muslim and non-Muslim communities.  Muslims tried to set up a sharia court, and the mayor shot it down.  This plays into paranoia.  Everywhere there is a large muslim community they start demanding everyone do things to accomodate them.

Yeah, why can't they be Baptist like everyone else down here.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2015, 01:22:54 AM »

No, you are wrong.
hey smart guy you just agreed to where I noted your failure with cns.  There is a reason why i posted links, try to read them.  Texas law does not allow continued questioning once parents are asked for.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2015, 03:23:01 AM »

No, you are wrong.
hey smart guy you just agreed to where I noted your failure with cns.  There is a reason why i posted links, try to read them.  Texas law does not allow continued questioning once parents are asked for.
What is your point? Canary, a person who deals with these situations on a daily basis, knows full well how this all works. Excuse him for not reading your rough ridin' links but rather choosing to speak from experience.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2015, 03:45:55 AM »
I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt and not accuse an entire school, police department, and mayors office of Islamaphobia but it becoming increasingly more difficult to do so. Why can't these people, any of these people say "we're sorry? "

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/irving-police-chief-admits-cops-knew-ahmed-mohamed-didnt-have-a-bomb-when-they-arrested-him/

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/irving-mayor-defends-arrest-of-muslim-teen-with-clock-to-the-best-of-my-knowledge-they-followed-protocol/

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2015, 05:41:14 AM »
If they really thought it was a bomb, wouldn't they have, I don't know, evacuated the school, not put it in the police car with them or, at least, maybe have taken it away from him? Arab name, Arab name.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."