Author Topic: Delton  (Read 82050 times)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Delton
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2015, 08:32:29 PM »
IMO, we kept ksufans largely powerespect free for a long time by being extremely mean and intimidating to newcomers.  This weeded out posters better suited for GPC.  I give myself credit for running off about half a dozen long standing GPC posters when they drifted over due to JMart's presence or whatever other reason.  Whether he intended to or not, Rusty scared off a TON of people.   So, if you see posters you don't like, please do offend and belittle them.

Spoken just like a circle queen.

Offline LifeWaters

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2015, 10:30:44 PM »
If we kneel up 27 with 20 seconds left instead of running a read option, Delton is still playing.  :whistle1:

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2015, 11:18:38 PM »
Eh as long as Hubener stays healthy this will have no effect on the season.  Besides I've been team Banks since day 1.   :emawkid:
California Love  :peek:

This is my favorite post ever

I want to imagine that is what its going to look like when he plays
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Cyril Figgis

• Fan
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 17, 2015, 11:17:35 PM »
IMO, we kept ksufans largely powerespect free for a long time by being extremely mean and intimidating to newcomers.  This weeded out posters better suited for GPC.  I give myself credit for running off about half a dozen long standing GPC posters when they drifted over due to JMart's presence or whatever other reason.  Whether he intended to or not, Rusty scared off a TON of people.   So, if you see posters you don't like, please do offend and belittle them.

Offline Cyril Figgis

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 17, 2015, 11:42:41 PM »
It is true, i come from the shadows of lurking for years to finally get the courage to post insider info. And yes, years ago i did read the ramblings of a drunken dentist posting on Gopo. So now i will post my paper clippings and tuck in my shirt as i bask in the glory with you. Berate away!   :)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2015, 11:48:52 PM »
Who are you supposed to be

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 18, 2015, 08:04:56 AM »
It is true, i come from the shadows of lurking for years to finally get the courage to post insider info. And yes, years ago i did read the ramblings of a drunken dentist posting on Gopo. So now i will post my paper clippings and tuck in my shirt as i bask in the glory with you. Berate away!   :)

ok, thanks cyril

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 18, 2015, 08:51:49 AM »
Steffy, you can sometimes get a medical hardship/redshirt after you've had a redshirt, but you cannot choose to take a redshirt after you've used a medical hardship.

And to get the medical hardship you have to provide documentation after the season to the NCAA to get approved, so no you can't be clear to play and just sit out to get it. For Ertz and now Delton, it appears we know these are both serious enough to be season ending injuries and thus the medical hardship rumors.

Thanks, this is somewhat what I thought, but I didn't realize you couldn't do normal redshirt after a medical.  (The "whole five years to play four" thing from above is wrong.)  If you can get a medical redshirt after using a normal redshirt, Ertz will be able to use a medical this year and come back as a sophomore (meaning he would have 6 years).  Rainboy was claiming that you only get a sixth year for medical hardship.  I think that might be right if you use your medical redshirt first, and then get hurt again.  This was the case with Shipley, it appears.  (Although this begs the question....why did UT not just declare Shipley's first redshirt to be a normal redshirt? He didn't play in any games, did he?)

I guess I see the logic behind these rules, but it had never occurred to me that the order in which you take redshirts matters.  I still don't understand why anyone would take a medical redshirt first, unless the situation and the amount played meant that a player was only eligible for a medical redshirt and not a regular redshirt.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 18, 2015, 08:55:54 AM »
So, as I see it, if we are blowing out Tech, and Hubener stays in the whole game, that means that Delton could be back this year and we are trying to save Banks's redshirt.  Right??

This is tricky for our coaches......if Delton is able to come back later in the season, he is not eligible for either redshirt, right?  So our coaches have to decide whether to burn Bank's redshirt in the face of this uncertainty.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2015, 08:59:06 AM »
is it even remotely possible that our medical staff lied about the injury to get him the medred.  I assume it's possible? 

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2015, 09:02:18 AM »
So what's the time line on a meniscus injury? I understand that we don't want to mess around with an 18 year old and future stud QB's knees, but isn't the recovery time only about a month? 

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 18, 2015, 09:04:23 AM »
is it even remotely possible that our medical staff lied about the injury to get him the medred.  I assume it's possible?
Not impossible, but highly unlikely.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2015, 09:17:31 AM »

I'm sure this happens (as some schools), but I don't really see the incentive to do so in this situation, unless Banks had progressed so much (and Delton so little) that we now viewed Banks as the better back-up option.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2015, 09:35:50 AM »

I'm sure this happens (as some schools), but I don't really see the incentive to do so in this situation, unless Banks had progressed so much (and Delton so little) that we now viewed Banks as the better back-up option.

That would be an unreasonably large gamble given how ADJC runs things.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 18, 2015, 09:42:12 AM »
So what's the time line on a meniscus injury? I understand that we don't want to mess around with an 18 year old and future stud QB's knees, but isn't the recovery time only about a month? 

Depends on the severity of the tear. If its severe enough the knee can become unstable and worse damage can happen.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 18, 2015, 09:42:24 AM »
depends on if they just clean up the tear or try and repair.  The clean up would be the 3 to 4 week window (sometimes even faster) but a repair is crutches for 8 to 10 weeks and then rehab.

I would think a true freshman that was hopefully only going to get mop up duty with some special wildcat packages would have it repaired unless the damage is such that just cutting it out and cleaning it up is really the only option. :th_twocents:

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 18, 2015, 09:46:52 AM »
depends on if they just clean up the tear or try and repair.  The clean up would be the 3 to 4 week window (sometimes even faster) but a repair is crutches for 8 to 10 weeks and then rehab.

I would think a true freshman that was hopefully only going to get mop up duty with some special wildcat packages would have it repaired unless the damage is such that just cutting it out and cleaning it up is really the only option. :th_twocents:
:thumbs:

There is no reason to jeopardize his health, especially this early in his career. Unless he can be back to 100% by the end of October then we shouldn't play him at all this year. I'd rather have him in 2019 than for just a couple more games this year.

Get well soon, Alex :ksu:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 18, 2015, 09:57:18 AM »
I agree, Banks can be our Wildcat in the Wildcat unless we are goal to go which is obvs Dimelition Man time

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 18, 2015, 09:58:27 AM »
when i think of meniscus, i think of

then, i tear up a little

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 18, 2015, 10:14:07 AM »

:thumbs:

There is no reason to jeopardize his health, especially this early in his career. Unless he can be back to 100% by the end of October then we shouldn't play him at all this year. I'd rather have him in 2019 than for just a couple more games this year.

Get well soon, Alex :ksu:

I agree with this...surely this is the standard the NCAA would use in determining whether he was eligible for the medical, right?  They wouldn't say....."Well he could have played, yes there is risk involved, but isn't life one big risk anyway?  Redshirt denied."   Would they?  I don't know the standard they use but it seems they would have to defer to a doctor's evaluation that there were risks involved in trying to get him to play this year.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 18, 2015, 10:15:50 AM »
Steffy, if you want to meet me at the Ernie Barrett statue tomorrow at noon I will explain the NCAA medical redshirt rules to you.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 18, 2015, 10:16:22 AM »
I agree, Banks can be our Wildcat in the Wildcat unless we are goal to go which is obvs Dimelition Man time

Banks in the Wildcat.  :drool:

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 18, 2015, 10:22:16 AM »
Depends on the section of the meniscus.  If it's in the area with blood flow, it's repaired/anchored, and you have to stay off it for 6 to 10 weeks while it heals, then there's a rehab of 8 to 12 weeks.  If it's in the area without blood flow, they cut it out and you can run within a week if you're a badass.  Normal people might take a month or so.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 18, 2015, 10:30:35 AM »
Steffy, if you want to meet me at the Ernie Barrett statue tomorrow at noon I will explain the NCAA medical redshirt rules to you.

:cheers:  Yikes....will it take two hours!?

Royalsfan has done a pretty good job of getting it all sorted out, I think.  Although I still can't figure out why UT didn't just "normal" redshirt Shipley in his first year, and then medical him in his second year, so as to get the result that we think Ertz will get for us (6 years, based on normal redshirt then subsequent medical).