Author Topic: Likes/Not Likes  (Read 20941 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Likes/Not Likes
« Reply #175 on: September 14, 2015, 06:36:57 PM »
The main problem is Winston Dimel carrying the football. These guys underutilized Gronk last year and now Dimel is getting more carries (even though he is worse in every way).

Dimel has 16 carries with a 2.9 average. Not good. His average is .3 below Charles Jones.

Dimel has the lowest average on the team.

Bazooka Joe has a 3.7 average.

I am hoping that the coaching staff is just playing around and we will stop doing this during conference play.

I need more Gronk!!!!!   2 carries  8.0 per carry :emawkid:
I also need lots more Silmon!!!  12 carries 7.6 per carry :ksu:

I already posted this itt bro, except I didn't have to type it out.

The Big Train

« Reply #176 on: September 14, 2015, 08:48:05 PM »
come on MIR, don't suppress the zeal!

Offline purplehaze

• Combo-Fan
  • #RP4POTUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 15, 2015, 12:31:23 AM »
Dimel has lots of goaline carries, i think his average will rise. Like: Will Davis

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 15, 2015, 05:55:28 AM »
Yeah, how about Will Davis? There's someone who I fully expected to suck huge ass but was seemingly fine.

catzacker

« Reply #179 on: September 15, 2015, 06:46:20 AM »
Yeah, how about Will Davis? There's someone who I fully expected to suck huge ass but was seemingly fine.

we'll see on him. not sold on his not suckiness just yet. he did have a nice pass deflection at the goal line when our entire secondary forgot that in football you're allowed a forward pass.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: September 15, 2015, 09:27:18 AM »
The main problem is Winston Dimel carrying the football. These guys underutilized Gronk last year and now Dimel is getting more carries (even though he is worse in every way).

Dimel has 16 carries with a 2.9 average. Not good. His average is .3 below Charles Jones.

I am hoping that the coaching staff is just playing around and we will stop doing this during conference play.

All of Winston's carries are at the goal line, so his ypc is going to be pretty low.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 15, 2015, 10:34:38 AM »
The fact that Dimel has 16 carries and Gronk has 2 is a travesty.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 15, 2015, 10:41:17 AM »

Nothing like benching the one guy who continuously gets us national media attention.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 15, 2015, 10:44:53 AM »

Nothing like benching the one guy who continuously gets us national media attention.

Retaining popular people isn't a kstatesports objective.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 15, 2015, 10:48:24 AM »
I'm furious about it.  A normal coach/father wouldn't give their son any carries until maybe his senior year to make sure people didn't think he was favoring him.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 15, 2015, 10:51:55 AM »
I'm furious about it.  A normal person wouldn't give their son any carries until maybe his senior year to make sure people didn't think he was favoring him.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 15, 2015, 10:52:30 AM »
I coached my 6 year old daughters t-ball team this summer and she rode the bench the entire year, because I'm actually a good coach/father.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 15, 2015, 01:06:55 PM »

All of Winston's carries are at the goal line, so his ypc is going to be pretty low.

Except they're not. He got several carries Saturday in 5+ yards to go situations. Those are the ones most of us want him not to get because he is not a good option for those situations. He's good, maybe great as a short yardage back/lead blocker, but bad at longer distances.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 15, 2015, 01:11:59 PM »

Except they're not. He got several carries Saturday in 5+ yards to go situations. Those are the ones most of us want him not to get because he is not a good option for those situations. He's good, maybe great as a short yardage back/lead blocker, but bad at longer distances.

Agreed. That trip over the lineman's legs was extremely :facepalm:.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 15, 2015, 01:46:20 PM »
Dimel's use is pretty simple.

In the field, he's a blocker and a pass route threat; his primary role as a runner is as a redzone back.

Of his 16 carries, 14 have come inside the redzone. The other 2 where inside the opponent's 30. 10 have come in goal to goal situations. The logic seems to be that the coaching staff trusts him as a tough runner who will stay downhill and get positive yards. This seems to be true as he only has 1 negative yardage carry in these situations. I don't believe that they think Gronk has this skill set as he has very few carries in any situation. My take is that Gronk is faster and a better athlete, but Dimel is a little more compact and a better downhill runner and blocker.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 15, 2015, 01:59:41 PM »
I'm not going against you _FAN because that's obviously what the staff thinks, but to suggest that Gronk, given Dimel's 16 carries, wouldn't have avg'd 2.9 yards a carry and as many touchdowns is just silly.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 15, 2015, 02:06:57 PM »
I'm not going against you _FAN because that's obviously what the staff thinks, but to suggest that Gronk, given Dimel's 16 carries, wouldn't have avg'd 2.9 yards a carry and as many touchdowns is just silly.

I don't necessarily disagree. My assumption comes from their usage and some things I've heard. Winston already has twice as many carries in his career as Gronk.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 15, 2015, 02:11:04 PM »
There's no denying Dimel's skill set.  He's definitely better at being the offensive coordinators son than everyone else.

I don't dislike Winston Dimel it just rubs me the wrong way is all.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 15, 2015, 02:28:22 PM »
I never heard anybody clamoring for more Gronk carries until Dana and Julie Dimel Family Fullback entered the picture. 

seems to me this argument has less to do with Gronk's running ability and more to do with disliking Dana Dimel. 

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 15, 2015, 02:39:14 PM »
I never heard anybody clamoring for more Gronk carries until Dana and Julie Dimel Family Fullback entered the picture. 

seems to me this argument has less to do with Gronk's running ability and more to do with disliking Dana Dimel.

To me its curious that a coaching staff that almost always chooses to play the incumbent starter ahead of the any newcomer (no matter how talented the newcomer) until either a) the incumbent plays himself out of the role or b) new comer proves himself on ST or with excellent, sustained play in mop-up duty now finds itself with a position player who did neither before earning playing time.

I'm not saying Dimel isn't good but it seems as though he skipped through the first few steps and was virtually anointed into being an integral part of our offense. So yeah, dad and stuff.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 15, 2015, 02:58:59 PM »
Mods, please add "(another Winston Dimel thread)" to the title for accuracy. Thanks.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 15, 2015, 03:30:24 PM »
like: that this board questions literally every single thing that this staff does and generally assumes that the worst decision was made regardless of any insidery info pointing either way

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 15, 2015, 03:38:23 PM »
like: that this board questions literally every single thing that this staff does and generally assumes that the worst decision was made regardless of any insidery info pointing either way

I don't like it about myself.  But I am pretty set in my ways.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 15, 2015, 03:40:21 PM »
Those bombs! 'Zooka J throws such a pretty long bomb.
SD, your name for BJ is spreading like wildfire across the sports world.  :Carl:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 15, 2015, 03:45:06 PM »

fan chingon and i were wondering about the following in chat:

waters threw moonshot bombs and huebner throws lazer beam bombs.  which is preferable?  both are aesthetically pleasing.

I think it depends if you have a Tyler Lockett. I think moon shots would be not so good with these WRs.
This is true per eye test last year.  None of the present WR's could catch a Waters pass, but do seem to be able to catch a few BJ laser beams.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.