Author Topic: Stan Weber Recap (810 Border Patrol)  (Read 48832 times)

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
Re: Stan Weber Recap (810 Border Patrol)
« Reply #150 on: November 18, 2016, 01:54:56 PM »
thanks for the recap

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 18, 2016, 03:21:46 PM »
the Qb will just air it out, not like thats a real gritty did it out thing to do.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 18, 2016, 03:47:06 PM »
I'm guessing another game where Kstate drives it 10+ plays and scores.....  then Baylor scores a TD in 2 or 3 plays and we pray for a kickoff return for a TD.  Repeat that cycle for 3 quarters. Then in the 4th quarter if Kstate is leading, Dimel will start passing on 1st down.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 18, 2016, 04:13:08 PM »
I'm guessing another game where Kstate drives it 10+ plays and scores.....  then Baylor scores a TD in 2 or 3 plays and we pray for a kickoff return for a TD.  Repeat that cycle for 3 quarters. Then in the 4th quarter if Kstate is leading, Dimel will start passing on 1st down.
a well-used script there

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 18, 2016, 06:01:47 PM »
People "get right" against this team.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 18, 2016, 07:32:33 PM »
Stan, more like FAN

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 25, 2016, 04:45:51 PM »
11/25 - KU

- Talk about KU's chances vs. K-State's dominance of series. Stan: KU is playing better, but K-State is hitting its stride. Ertz keeps improving and OL is playing very well. K-State is running very well....and, K-State is becoming very efficient in red zone. Scored 35 in second half, on the road......offense coming around and making you say wow.

- K-State not flawless though. Should be respective of KU. Beatty has a little experience now against Bill.

- Nate: Bill has a chance to reach 200. Not just a number, true greatness. Have you seen everyone of them? Yes. Not only have I not missed a game, haven't missed a single play live. That's my claim to fame. Not even Sean can say that.

- He's averaged 8 wins a year during this stretch. Truly amazing.

- SSJ: Talk about KU's improved defense. Stan: Main thing is tackling ability. They are making tackles. They aren't all-stars. Teams at bottom of league don't have a bunch of all-stars. But, their tackling ability is very good. They do have some younger guys that are going to be big time players. You can see where their younger guys are already passing up their older guys.

- Carter Stanley is playing well and he's just young and stupid enough to not know why they can't win. He throws well. He moved the ball against WVU, ISU, and TX. Makes winning plays.

- Score? 39-13 KSU

John Kirby

- How great was TX win? If you could pick any school where you could get most mileage for a win, it'd be TX. Highlights have run all week, mainly because of Charlie Strong. We have had a bunch of Big 12 teams on the ropes this year.......this let kids know they can actually win one.

- SSJ rattles off scores of KU/K-State games.....even if don't win, but can play KSU close, wouldn't that be a moral victory? Absolutely. KU football is a different story than KU basketball. When they start playing teams close, you know the turnaround is getting closer. That's what happened with Mangino and Mason......starting first at just being competitive.

- Nate asked about something called a "black out" today. Kirby: KU will have a walk through today, they will then go visit every single high school in Kansas that is playing in a state championship game tomorrow. Beatty knows importance of recruiting the state of KS.

- Score? KSU 34-14

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 25, 2016, 04:53:18 PM »
mark this down- ku will not have more than 2 scores (TD or FG) against kansas state tomorrow 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Prince McJunkins

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 25, 2016, 08:49:08 PM »
We will easily score over 40 points.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 25, 2016, 09:54:29 PM »
If we only get 34 points then Kstate turned it over at least 3 times,  maybe all in the redzone

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 26, 2016, 06:51:47 PM »
If we only get 34 points then Kstate turned it over at least 3 times,  maybe all in the redzone

Or,  we just can't score touchdowns and punt 4 times against the worst team in America.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 28, 2016, 05:04:12 PM »
12/28 - A&M

- What's the feel of the team? Who has advantage, incentive wise? I think it's pretty even. K-State is definitely motivated. Tired of losing bowl games. Those who were around, talk about how fun the BWW bowl win was. But, aTm is motivated because of location. It's like KU playing at Sprint. Crowd will be 3/4 aggies. They can reset and ride that enthusiasm.

- How big will home field advantage be? If K-State can create some doubt in game, I think they can take crowd out of game. There are a lot that are doubting Sumlin. If they lose to K-State, it'll be several years in a row with 5 losses.

- How much is this season just a launching point for next season? Is this year just a springboard? A lot has to do with how Big 12 plays. This year, league was down. But, a win in bowl game would be huge. Would create ton of confidence for next year. They would have had 9 wins (close to 11), with a ton coming back. Losing Moore, Barnett, Willis will be huge. But, 2017 should be better team than 2016. I'm very enthusiastic about 2017, but it's all relative to the rest of teams.

- Talk is always on QB that's going to take over. People talk about Skylar like he's the second coming. Who's going to be the QB next year? First of all, I'm so excited about Skylar Thompson. But, it's an unfair battle. He's going against Jesse Ertz. Look how much improvement has taken place from game 2 to game 10. He's smart, fast, and throws a good ball. It took awhile for me to buy in to Ertz, but I'm a believer. JE will be even better next year with ST behind him. I look at it this way......K-State is totally set for the next FOUR years. Rarely can say that at K-State. Similar to Bishop then to Beasley.

- But, Skylar better be ready because JE has been injury prone. But, K-State fans are going to really come to appreciate Ertz like they did Waters and Klein.

- Does Snyder need to change something to get these younger, better players on field faster? No. Not to me. Snyder is all about improvement and perseverance (development). You can't have it both ways. The younger players won't develop like they need to if they are thrown in there without truly learning the system. So no, I don't think they need to change anything.

- Petro: I think Snyder is the best run game coordinator of all time. I'm amazed at the complexities.

- What does game look like if K-State wins game? aTm is very athletic. Their dominant DE is now healthy. They are physical up front, so no guarantee they will be able to run. So, it won't look good if K-State can't run....gets in 3rd and long.....and pass rush comes full speed. Also, if Trevor plays at his best, they'll be hard to beat. But, he has only 52% completion success.

- If K-State can just get running game going somewhat, play action will be successful. Can't be 3rd and long against them.

On to bball:

- Petro: Yes, they've played cupcakes, but they are dominating. It's too bad they didn't get Maryland. I get why they did schedule.....but, I can't tell what they really are. What do you think this K-State team is? What will record be? I think key is that the players need to think they are good. They've been able to leave Manhattan this year and have success. Good sign. They think they are good. I think they have chance to be in mid-league range and .500 or above record, but they have to go prove it. K-State has to win against TX. Must win, along with most other home games.

- K-State has to find the one guy who will take the last shot. Will probably be Brown.

- I think they'll end the year and be right on bubble, but confident they'll get an invite to tourney.

Final Four:

1. New year's resolution? I don't make them. How can one day be more important than another.
2. How much shopping did you do for family? Zero
3. Which Christmas Mass did you attend? 8:00PM on Christmas Eve.
4. How far do Cowboys go? Super bowl (if win first game, which is 7% - that's where they're most vulnerable).
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 05:50:49 PM by Pett »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 28, 2016, 05:14:34 PM »
2. How much shopping did you do for family? Zero

Stan! What a monster!

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 20, 2017, 04:17:52 PM »
Spring Game Edition:

- First, what's your thoughts on new AD? So far, very impressed but haven't met yet. Looking forward to doing that this weekend. Seems like nice fit and he knows how to win in football at high level.

- Kaleb Pruett is apparently excelling at MU. Comments on him? Very athletic. That was never an issue. At K-State, he was in learning stages and that part just wasn't coming. Now, it appears he understand the game. He's always had the physical skills.

- How about all these injuries? Going to affect spring game tremendously. They had so much coming back, though, that those that are gone the fans know what they can do. Now, the only real goal of spring game for Snyder is "no injuries." But, he's always just looked at it as a 15th practice anyway.

- SSJ: I'm a big fan of Skylar Thompson watching him right here in KC. You being a QB have to be excited. Stan: Absolutely. He's got all the tools to be special. Tall enough, athletic enough, etc......but he's also put on weight, changed his diet, has all the intangibles, etc. to be very good. He's fully embraced the mental side. He's a winner. You see him on the bball court and he stands out there too.

- But, you go out west, and Delton is their legend. He's ready to go. Just a play-maker. The three QB's are going to battle...and battle hard.

- K-State really has a chance to be very special. Look at their ending....third best in program history. They have the things in place to be very excited about and to be right there in discussion for Big 12 Championship. I think the under/over at 9.5 is pretty accurate.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 27, 2017, 11:17:55 AM »
SFSD edition:

- How does K-State rebound from very tough, emotional loss? (Stan basically recaps OU game, which was not the question, then....). Definitely painful, but Snyder will focus on improvement made in the game...not on the pain. But, Snyder is tired of losing and there's a lot up in the air. If play well tomorrow, can then point back to OU game for maybe where things turned around.

- How about Barnes not getting more carries? Yes, on surface, not enough runs. But, you get into the strategy of the game and how well Mike knows our offense, it's a chess match. I don't care who runs the ball when you rush for 270 yards in the first half. Scoring 35 points against OU and it's hard to spend too much time arguing over who should be running the ball. Snyder will handle very quickly. He'll will have went and talked to Barnes immediately about situation. Bottom line, the production was there.

- Sunflower showdown....KU is struggling so much and K-State has dominated series....how will Snyder get guys to not overlook KU? He'll motivate them by reminding them how much they need to improve. He'll show them some film of the WVU game where KU played a good first half. And, he'll remind them of the streak and how it needs to continue.

- Prediction? Well there are 49 players from KS on KSU, 23 on KU. 38-13 K-State.

(John Kirby recap)

- KU has been able to pull some upsets in past, but has always struggled against K-State. How do you explain? (1) K-State has just been better and (2) Snyder's biggest game is against KU and KU's biggest game was MU (yes, he said it). Snyder has always gotten up for the game more.

- But, KU does have a mental block when they see those K-State uniforms.

- When trying to rebuild team and then you have performance like TCU, how does beatty motivate? Defense is starting to show some signs, so you start there. They've played real well last couple weeks. Offensive line is really where the struggles are. Lots of shuffling and there's no consistency. They are learning on the fly.

- Beatty has said he looks at Snyder for how to build a program. How does what he's going through compare to early Snyder's years? Really not much different than what Mason did or what Mangino did.....maybe more like Mason's situation. So, it hasn't been easy, but you hope to see progress. There was last year, but not so much yet this year.

- Daniel Wise calling people out for their effort....how will that impact team? I don't think it was that bad. I was sitting right there. Body language not that bad.....didn't sound as bad as actual quote when you just read it.

- Prediction? 31-14 K-State.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 27, 2017, 11:25:05 AM »

- How about Barnes not getting more carries? Yes, on surface, not enough runs. But, you get into the strategy of the game and how well Mike knows our offense, it's a chess match. I don't care who runs the ball when you rush for 270 yards in the first half. Scoring 35 points against OU and it's hard to spend too much time arguing over who should be running the ball. Snyder will handle very quickly. He'll will have went and talked to Barnes immediately about situation. Bottom line, the production was there.

I just had a mental image of how derptacular a Dana Dimel-Mike Stoops irl chess match would be

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 27, 2017, 02:06:39 PM »

WTF? He hasn't coached here in 20 years, how in the hell could he know our offense better than any other conference DC?

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 27, 2017, 02:48:36 PM »

WTF? He hasn't coached here in 20 years, how in the hell could he know our offense better than any other conference DC?
lol agreed and holy crap if he knows it so so well why couldn't he stop it? we stopped ourselves their adjustments didn't really do anything

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 27, 2017, 03:02:24 PM »
Stan is really slipping in his old age
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 27, 2017, 03:39:30 PM »
I think any competent DC would do the same thing against our offense. Load the box, single coverage on the receivers. Repeat at least until KSU scores.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 27, 2017, 03:43:54 PM »

I imagine his seven years or so at K-State is still helpful to him in knowing our offense, even if it was about twenty years ago.  But also, how many current Big 12 schools have defensive coordinators that have been in place since 2012?  Off the top of my head, the only one that comes close is Patterson (de facto defensive coordinator) at TCU.

I don't think Stan's statement was all that ridiculous.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 27, 2017, 04:32:00 PM »

I imagine his seven years or so at K-State is still helpful to him in knowing our offense, even if it was about twenty years ago.  But also, how many current Big 12 schools have defensive coordinators that have been in place since 2012?  Off the top of my head, the only one that comes close is Patterson (de facto defensive coordinator) at TCU.

I don't think Stan's statement was all that ridiculous.

lol

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 27, 2017, 04:55:03 PM »
FWIW, I don't remember our offense being anything similar to what we ran 20 years ago.  I think we're on Book of Revelation in the ol' Playbook at this point.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 05:01:14 PM by MadCat »

Offline NeverII

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 10, 2017, 12:42:15 PM »
St John has a raging boner for hoops now that Mizzou isn't going to be total crap. So he led off with basketball

- Encouraged by the fact that the team seems to be pulling in one direction. Not surprised to see Kansas State picked 8th in the Big 12. Normally puts you on the fringe of making the NCAA tournament. Team hasn't fared well in close games over the last couple seasons. Hopefully experience (Wade, Brown, Stokes) will help in that department. Stan still bullish on Cats making the NCAA tournament

- Kam Stokes needs to be a more consistent player. He's battled injuries throughout his career. Hopefully he can stay healthy and start stringing together more "complete" games. Xavier Sneed will take a leap forward. He got really tentative after Big 12 play started last season. Started focusing on not making mistakes rather than just playing. Team will surpass expectations if Claws plays to his full potential

- FOOTBALL! Stan picked KSU 38-37 last week.  Was hoping that the team would see that its hard work/preparation will ultimately translate into victories. They got just that. After back to back road wins, he expects to see a team playing closer to its ceiling.

- Skylar not necessarily the guy moving forward. Delton has played well in his last three starts. Weird to see a starting QB only play one half in each of the last two games. Maintained that we have three options at QB (I'd say maybe 1.5). Could be either Thompson or Delton starting tomorrow... But Thompson is the future

- West Virginia offense is very explosive. David Sills, who committed to USC as a QB when he was 13, is a touchdown machine at WR. Will Grier one of the most physically gifted quarterbacks in the conference. WVU challenges your defense in a variety of ways

Stanbot says Cats 30 Moonshiners 27
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 12:50:41 PM by NeverII »

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 10, 2017, 02:24:38 PM »
Did Stan not take into account Delton getting knocked out of both games the past two weeks?