Author Topic: Positives from the game  (Read 5265 times)

Offline halfEmpty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Positives from the game
« on: September 08, 2015, 09:04:23 AM »
They didn't burn a timeout because of an expiring play clock...

Anything else?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
Re: Positives from the game
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 09:05:24 AM »
Umm... The other team didn't score. 
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 09:06:04 AM »
WE WON!

:emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid:
:dance:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 09:10:51 AM »
found out Bill Shattner is EMAW AF

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 09:11:45 AM »
One step closer to Delton
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline halfEmpty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 09:18:40 AM »

It was one of the most unimpressive shutouts I've ever seen, but agreed.  I thought the front played very well against the run with a couple of breakdowns on qb scrambles.  Would like to see more pressure (several qb hits, but just a step late too often).  Pass coverage in the LB zone needs improvement.  Secondary was their usual bend but don't break selves.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 09:25:23 AM »
Shutouts are impressive no matter who the opponent is or how it happened. The difference between giving up 3 and 0 is huge.

Offline LynchMob42

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 09:52:48 AM »

It was one of the most unimpressive shutouts I've ever seen, but agreed.  I thought the front played very well against the run with a couple of breakdowns on qb scrambles.  Would like to see more pressure (several qb hits, but just a step late too often).  Pass coverage in the LB zone needs improvement.  Secondary was their usual bend but don't break selves.

E. Lee looked confused in coverage. Fortunately, he has the athleticism to close quickly, after the catch.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 09:54:42 AM »
Shutouts are impressive no matter who the opponent is or how it happened. The difference between giving up 3 and 0 is huge.

South Dakota easily could have had a few field goals but were "trying to win" so were going for touchdowns instead. So I am not taking nearly as much away from the shutout.

Positives:

1) Burning Delton's redshirt must mean that the staff really expects him to contribute this year and had no doubt in their minds he was going to play this season.

2) Even without DM-The Future and Barnett in the game our secondary looked pretty competent.

3) Our running game could be pretty flipping dynamic. . .which we haven't been able to say for a little while.

4) No drop off in our return game. Between Heath and Burns, we should have some solid field position's this year.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 10:09:53 AM »
caught a foul ball

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 10:37:36 AM »
Freshman center snapping to a freshman qb; leading receiver and rusher were freshman.  Young guys on defense looked good, too.

Future looks good.  I'm hoping Delton improves enough to be the better option this year at QB.  That would make the future look even better.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2015, 10:47:36 AM »
great stuff as always steffy

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2015, 10:55:57 AM »
great stuff as always steffy

Thanks, bud. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 01:52:40 PM »

South Dakota easily could have had a few field goals but were "trying to win" so were going for touchdowns instead. So I am not taking nearly as much away from the shutout.

Yard dog, what the eff are you talking about? They were in field goal range twice in the first half and missed both field goals. They didn't start the four down territory stuff until they were down 27 points at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2015, 02:16:57 PM »
MODS!!!:
Could we get a filter on Heath to correct to Wacky or Wackycat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2015, 02:29:02 PM »
got pretty pak'd

Online puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2015, 03:09:16 PM »
Didn't get TOO pakd

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2015, 03:42:22 PM »

Yard dog, what the eff are you talking about? They were in field goal range twice in the first half and missed both field goals. They didn't start the four down territory stuff until they were down 27 points at the end of the 3rd quarter.

If I recall correctly, if you score in the third or fourth quarter it is no longer a shutout.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2015, 03:44:08 PM »
I enjoyed the failed double reverse and unusual spiking the ball on 3rd down plays by USD.

Online puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2015, 03:58:15 PM »
i want to know more about the 3rd down spike. mind games?

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2015, 04:01:22 PM »
i want to know more about the 3rd down spike. mind games?

Showing KU how it's done?

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2015, 04:09:40 PM »

Not to mention, both field goal attempts were inches away from being blocked.

Offline yoEMAW

• The Engineer
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2015, 08:10:15 PM »
I know it happened very early on, but we did return the opening kickoff for 6 so that was neat.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2015, 08:14:22 PM »

Positives:

1) Burning Delton's redshirt must mean that the staff really expects him to contribute this year and had no doubt in their minds he was going to play this season.

2) Even without DM-The Future and Barnett in the game our secondary looked pretty competent.

3) Our running game could be pretty flipping dynamic. . .which we haven't been able to say for a little while.

4) No drop off in our return game. Between Heath and Burns, we should have some solid field position's this year.

Dude, Delton was not red shirting. Banks is.

Offline AndrewVonLintel

• Purple Prince Thrice Crowned in MMXIII
  • Combo-Fan
  • Purple Get Ready To Roll!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2015, 10:41:50 PM »

Positives:

Dude, Delton was not red shirting. Banks is.

It is possible they would have redshirted both.
Hire Brad Underwood Now!!!!!!