Author Topic: Lebanese protests  (Read 604 times)

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Lebanese protests
« on: August 31, 2015, 01:24:29 AM »
You can google Lebanon "you stink" protests for more context. Basically, complaints about the gov not picking up trash escalated, and the result was some pretty solid signage. I remember when Egyptian protests were this playful.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Lebanese protests
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 09:59:10 AM »
Holy crap, those are fantastic.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 10:00:13 AM »
fun signs are a precursor. how long till crap gets real, felix?

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 07:29:05 PM »

fun signs are a precursor. how long till crap gets real, felix?

I don't know. I honestly don't know much about Lebanon's internal dynamics. Some protestors briefly stormed a ministry today, but I think it was resolved kinda peacefully. In Egypt, the military (and to a lesser extent the police) are the only functional entity to a large degree. That's not the case in Lebanon, where all the gov entities are pretty mumped up and broken.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."