Author Topic: Tornado Season 2023  (Read 119894 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: Tornado Season 2011
« Reply #375 on: May 25, 2011, 12:15:51 PM »
Has anything actually touched down?

(In a different state and is feeling guilty about mother and son hanging out in our basement.)

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 25, 2011, 12:17:59 PM »

(In a different state and is feeling guilty about mother and son hanging out in our basement.)

A little after 11am, there were three or so that were around 132nd and Metcalf, 155th and metcalf, and one in louisburg.  Radio has talked about unconfirmed ones around 119th and state line.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 25, 2011, 12:20:29 PM »

A little after 11am, there were three or so that were around 132nd and Metcalf, 155th and metcalf, and one in louisburg.  Radio has talked about unconfirmed ones around 119th and state line.

Looks like my home is still in a warning until 12:45. 

(I live in the Northland).

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 25, 2011, 12:21:55 PM »

Yep.  They just extended the warning in gladstone.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 25, 2011, 12:23:58 PM »

Yeah...I live about 5-10 minutes away from there.  Eff.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 25, 2011, 12:25:24 PM »

thought you lived in lee's summit? :confused:

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 25, 2011, 12:27:21 PM »
Took off for lunch at 435/Metcalf area just after the sirens sounded.  I actually thought they were just the weekly sirens because there weren't any dark skies.  Made a Chipotle run to around 135th and heard the warning come over the radio.  Ran in, got my burrito, drove back to work as the funnel was chasing me.  Turned into the parking lot at work as there were reports of it being at 135th and Metcalf.  Ran in and hopped into the basement with the rest of the staff.  For some reason they kept us down there until it was north of downtown.

The moral of the story is:  Chipotle > mother nature.

eff that bitch.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 25, 2011, 12:30:40 PM »
Work right off of 435 and Nall.  Not gonna lie, some of the stuff I saw made me.. :ohno:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 25, 2011, 12:33:50 PM »

thought you lived in lee's summit? :confused:

I moved North about three years ago.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 25, 2011, 12:35:33 PM »

No.  Johnson County soccer moms watched Twister too often, making up stuff.

But I'm ok and sounding the emaw all clear.

Offline Johnny Thunderbone

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 25, 2011, 12:38:36 PM »

No.  Johnson County soccer moms watched Twister too often, making up stuff.

But I'm ok and sounding the emaw all clear.

IT'S ALL CLEAR!

(Let's all be thankful Fitz chose sports and not weather.)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 25, 2011, 12:43:37 PM »

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 25, 2011, 12:47:13 PM »
Work right off of 435 and Nall.  Not gonna lie, some of the stuff I saw made me.. :ohno:

Talked to my buddy who works at 435 and Nall and he said they stood outside most of the time.  Said he didn't see anything.  Weird.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 25, 2011, 12:50:23 PM »
I was on the roof of a building at 435 and Nall the entire time and can confirm noting scary at all happened

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 25, 2011, 12:53:27 PM »
I was on the roof of a building at 435 and Nall the entire time and can confirm noting scary at all happened

I was outside at Westin pool in Crown Center.  If you are scared of a warm rain, you would have been petrified.  But otherwise nothing.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: May 25, 2011, 01:05:43 PM »
I liken tornadoes to basketball games.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 25, 2011, 01:07:50 PM »
I'm not sure if this belongs in the cell phone users thread or not but I'd just like to say... "Hey Sprint... you rough ridin' suck!!!"  Just now getting text messages from 11:35am. Could make calls, send, or receive texts for almost two hours.  Nice work Sprint.  I felt so elite next to folks with their iPhone talking to their kids and buddies over near ground zero getting reports.  rough ridin' PATHETIC SPRINT!!  :shakesfist:
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 25, 2011, 01:14:52 PM »
Pretty impressive storms considering it was a cold core setup, unlike that was happening last night. Usually these aren't very strong and long lasting.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 25, 2011, 01:21:49 PM »

Talked to my buddy who works at 435 and Nall and he said they stood outside most of the time.  Said he didn't see anything.  Weird.

Bet your buddy is an absolute stud. 
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 25, 2011, 01:24:09 PM »

I was outside at Westin pool in Crown Center.  If you are scared of a warm rain, you would have been petrified.  But otherwise nothing.

Was eating lunch at Pierpont's at Union Station with a couple clients just as this 'storm' came through. Had a couple sprinkles hit my Ralph Lauren sport coat, nothing more.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 25, 2011, 01:34:30 PM »

Bet your buddy is an absolute stud. 

He is.  Where do you work? You can probably smell his musk from there.   

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 25, 2011, 01:37:22 PM »
I'm not sure if this belongs in the cell phone users thread or not but I'd just like to say... "Hey Sprint... you rough ridin' suck!!!"  Just now getting text messages from 11:35am. Could make calls, send, or receive texts for almost two hours.  Nice work Sprint.  I felt so elite next to folks with their iPhone talking to their kids and buddies over near ground zero getting reports.  rough ridin' PATHETIC SPRINT!!  :shakesfist:

Co-worker was complaining about this.  My phone was working the entire time.  She has a crappy blackberry, this may be your problem as well.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 25, 2011, 02:08:08 PM »

Co-worker was complaining about this.  My phone was working the entire time.  She has a crappy blackberry, this may be your problem as well.

Pffffftt... EVO 4G dood.  Boom roasted...

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 25, 2011, 02:29:30 PM »
People are still trying to talk like clams?   :dubious:

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 25, 2011, 02:30:42 PM »