Author Topic: Wet Hot American Summer movie AND TV show thread (spoilers included)  (Read 7231 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Wet Hot American Summer movie AND TV show thread (spoilers included)
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2015, 09:05:13 PM »
I thought a lot of Wanderlust sucked but Paul Rudd's dirty talking made me LOL IRL really hard
did you like the stella tv show?  if so, what was your favorite ep?  were you into the stella shorts too?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2015, 09:07:11 PM »
I thought a lot of Wanderlust sucked but Paul Rudd's dirty talking made me LOL IRL really hard
did you like the stella tv show?  if so, what was your favorite ep?  were you into the stella shorts too?

Believe it or not I never watched it. Like maybe I didn't have cable at the time or something? Dunno. Would watch, though.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2015, 09:10:30 PM »

Believe it or not I never watched it. Like maybe I didn't have cable at the time or something? Dunno. Would watch, though.
gal darnit, ski-be.  A second ago I was just thinking to myself "man...between guster and weird stadiums and david wain stuff, sb and i really are a lot alike."  then you go and say you've never seen stella.  :facepalm:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2015, 09:14:28 PM »
seriously though, do yourself a favor and try to find a way to watch the stella show from comedy central.  There's only 8 or 10 episodes i think, but they're all that great, clever Wain absurdity.  Plus MIB and Show.  A few people from the State and Wet Hot make cameos too. 

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2015, 11:25:53 PM »
I enjoyed Wanderlust.  And Role Models was great, too. I honestly didn't know who this Wain guy was, but after reading this thread and thinking about it in the shower, I pretty much Matlock'd that he must have done Role Models, too, before it was mentioned ITT. I think I love his style. 

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2015, 06:49:04 AM »
Confirmed. He's great. Apparently he did a send-up of rom coms recently called They Came Together that was a commercial flop. Stars Paul Rudd and Amy Poeheohler. Watched the first ten minutes last night and had a lot of that same over-the-top absurdity. Will watch the rest and report back. It's on Netflix streaming and Chris Meloni speaks very highly of it.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2015, 12:20:35 PM »
Now you listen to me mr. Kick-ass. Mr. Rub-ber-bur-ner.

That's all. Gene is such a great character. Carry on, go cats.

Offline Reboulet

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2015, 01:04:51 PM »
seriously though, do yourself a favor and try to find a way to watch the stella show from comedy central.  There's only 8 or 10 episodes i think, but they're all that great, clever Wain absurdity.  Plus MIB and Show.  A few people from the State and Wet Hot make cameos too.

There are 10 episodes and they are all goddamned treasures. They can be yours forever for $16: http://www.amazon.com/Stella-Season-Michael-Ian-Black/dp/B000FZETJS

Their pre-TV short videos are all online: http://www.stellacomedy.com/shorts.html. "Searching for Santa" is probably the most well-known.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2015, 01:21:58 PM »
Confirmed. He's great. Apparently he did a send-up of rom coms recently called They Came Together that was a commercial flop. Stars Paul Rudd and Amy Poeheohler. Watched the first ten minutes last night and had a lot of that same over-the-top absurdity. Will watch the rest and report back. It's on Netflix streaming and Chris Meloni speaks very highly of it.

I really liked it.  Definitely more absurd than Wanderlust or Role Models

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2015, 07:50:32 PM »
Holy crap. They Came Together is making me ROFL 4 srs

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2015, 07:53:14 PM »
Holy crap. They Came Together is making me ROFL 4 srs

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2015, 07:53:55 PM »

There are 10 episodes and they are all goddamned treasures. They can be yours forever for $16: http://www.amazon.com/Stella-Season-Michael-Ian-Black/dp/B000FZETJS

Their pre-TV short videos are all online: http://www.stellacomedy.com/shorts.html. "Searching for Santa" is probably the most well-known.
:cheers:
The baseball one is my favorite short.

Will watch TCT tonight.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2015, 08:02:30 PM »
TCT is very funny and only 82 minutes. Which is maybe a bad sign for a comedy, maybe not? For anybody not too familiar withWain/Showalter stuff, just know that this rom com send-up is one hundo percent spoof action.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2015, 01:38:29 AM »
TCT is very funny and only 82 minutes. Which is maybe a bad sign for a comedy, maybe not? For anybody not too familiar withWain/Showalter stuff, just know that this rom com send-up is one hundo percent spoof action.
20 minutes in. Love Paul Ruud's wardrobe choices.  I mean, he's no that fat guy who plays that gay guy on that one sitcom, but I appreciate that he's a serial KU rep'r on the big screen.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2015, 09:36:12 AM »
20 minutes in. Love Paul Ruud's wardrobe choices.  I mean, he's no that fat guy who plays that gay guy on that one sitcom, but I appreciate that he's a serial KU rep'r on the big screen.

:curse:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2015, 07:45:02 PM »
Loving TCT.  Classic Wain.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2015, 10:04:06 PM »
Her babydaddy running towards the wedding party with the samurai sword over his head had me irl lollerzing

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2015, 10:30:56 PM »
what about that scene where all the guys were just hangin' around shootin' hoops in the park? holy crap

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2015, 11:14:52 PM »
Swish!

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2015, 12:26:52 AM »
If you listen closely when they cut to that scene you can hear the guys chattering in the background while they shoot hoops and they're just saying the word basketball over and over.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2015, 07:11:23 AM »
I loved the board meeting scene where MIB gets denied the big account and the corner office and eventually gets canned and the boss is like "you're gonna lose your license" and MIB is like "huh?  License?  I'm not licensed..."  And then the boss is like "NOW GET OUT OF HERE BEFORE I CHANGE MY MIND!" and black is like "well,  I WANT you to change your mind, you just fired me!"

They're just so good at tossing in cliches that don't make any sense and then just obliterating it with like a scintilla of common sense.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2015, 07:24:10 AM »
I tried to watch the movie last night and turned it off after like 15 minutes.

:dunno:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2015, 11:03:48 AM »
Did you turn it off to go do your part eviscerating mommy blogs in the thread I started for you?  :crossfingers:

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2015, 03:21:22 PM »
Watched WHAS Friday night and then binge watched the netflix episodes saturday night.  Loved it.  :thumbsup: thanks goEMAW!

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2015, 03:28:19 PM »
That's whassup! :thumbs: hehe.