Author Topic: Breaking up the United States  (Read 40301 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking up the United States
« Reply #325 on: February 23, 2022, 08:27:34 AM »
One thing you wouldn't have to worry about in Bears is the constant Missouri/Kansas mixup

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 23, 2022, 10:24:58 AM »
Simplistic but it works.  I'm with OUTLAW Country Rap WV Mini Thin on this idea.

https://www.facebook.com/minithinmusic/posts/465397594956761

I know this is been posted for a bit but Quebec, Western half of Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and anything outside a 50 mile radius of Vancouver in BC would like to have a talk.

If there is one country that could/should split first it's Canada.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 23, 2022, 12:32:20 PM »
Simplistic but it works.  I'm with OUTLAW Country Rap WV Mini Thin on this idea.

I know this is been posted for a bit but Quebec, Western half of Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and anything outside a 50 mile radius of Vancouver in BC would like to have a talk.

Outside of Quebec, I don't view Canadians as politically divided as we are here. At least now, they aren't really on the far left and far right, a lot of the culture war stuff that is so pervasive here isn't nearly as much of a thing there.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 23, 2022, 12:45:51 PM »
Good question Ben ji. I think I’m still fighting for Kansas, but self preservation may get me to stay in the more populous Illinois. I worry that My home state may be overrun and truly become Bleeding Kansas.
:adios:

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 23, 2022, 01:10:20 PM »

Outside of Quebec, I don't view Canadians as politically divided as we are here. At least now, they aren't really on the far left and far right, a lot of the culture war stuff that is so pervasive here isn't nearly as much of a thing there.

I think there is starting to be a pretty big rift between rural canada and major cities. I think a lot of the western part of canada thinks they are being completely ignored and given no representation. my opinion is that there is about as much merit to their point of view as how MAGAs feel about the libs, as in its mostly self deluded conspiracy theory pudding brain gobbledy gook, but that's just my opinion.

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: February 23, 2022, 01:11:58 PM »
Good question Ben ji. I think I’m still fighting for Kansas, but self preservation may get me to stay in the more populous Illinois. I worry that My home state may be overrun and truly become Bleeding Kansas.

Valid point, my Kansas Strategy is pretty simple

1. Post a bunch of crap on sooner boards about how they are Texas's Little brother and get them real fired up...We need the okies worried about their southern flank and to wear down Texas enough to keep them from sweeping up the plains.

2. Incite a civil war inside of MO between the cities and the countryside. This should weaken MO and keep them from trying to cross state line while they deal with internal struggles.

3. Sign a treaty of non aggression with Nebraska because we are essentially the same state.

4. Claim all of Colorado's eastern half because they DGAF about it and it will give us more space to retreat from if they ever decide to attack (They won't because they DGAF about the plains and will be constantly harrassed by rebels from WY/UT on their Northern and Western Flank.

5. PROFIT

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 23, 2022, 02:13:52 PM »

A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 23, 2022, 11:18:39 PM »

I think there is starting to be a pretty big rift between rural canada and major cities. I think a lot of the western part of canada thinks they are being completely ignored and given no representation. my opinion is that there is about as much merit to their point of view as how MAGAs feel about the libs, as in its mostly self deluded conspiracy theory pudding brain gobbledy gook, but that's just my opinion.

There is a train of thought that this divide is less Canadians and more foreign interests, like the United States and Russia butting in. I'm sure there are some western Canadians who would love to only be in a country with Alberta, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan, but I think they're significantly less of a presence than western separatists in Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana are here.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 10, 2022, 12:13:08 PM »
Happy Confederate Memorial Day for those who celebrate!

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 10, 2022, 12:46:29 PM »

It's @ben ji

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 10, 2022, 12:52:57 PM »
Sucks to suck

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 10, 2022, 01:03:38 PM »

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 10, 2022, 05:02:22 PM »

It's @ben ji

You make one comment mentioning that John Brown used violence to influence political change and next thing you know you are a card carrying confederate. SMDH

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 10, 2022, 10:42:51 PM »

If anything we should just annex Canada Putin Style but they are going to have to do some consolidation. Congratulations Alaska you now own the Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavat.

BC/Alberta/Saskatchewan/Manitoba/Ontario/Quebec are now US states.

All the maritime provinces like NB/Nova Scotia/Newfoundland etc will be consolidated into one state with a name decided by the trailer park boys.

Congratulations, the United States of America is now the largest country in the world.  :gocho:

« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 11:37:04 PM by ben ji »

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 10, 2022, 10:53:54 PM »
Pro's -
1. Largest country in the world
2. We adopt boxing day as a national holiday and now the christmas/boxing day/new years week is a total party fest/national holiday.
3. More national parks (We could possibly make the mounties the official police of the national park system as a sign of good will?)
4. Mineral exploitation

Con's
1. Those pesky french Canadians probably wouldn't like it but they would be outnumbered like 30-1 so eff off and go watch terrance and phillip.
2. I would have to start following hockey since we would kick so much ass
3. Even more accents to deal with.
4. People would crap on the US for its terrible weather but they would really be talking about Edmonton or some stupid ex Canadian town. CAN YOU BELIEVE ITS -40 (FAHRENHEIT) IN AMERICA RIGHT NOW OMG

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 10, 2022, 10:56:09 PM »
Yeah, the Pro's definitely outweigh the cons. Sorry Canadia but we are coming for you.

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 10, 2022, 10:59:58 PM »
eff, I just remembered the Mounties wear red coats like the British which isn't going to fly in the states if they plan on being the police in the national parks. They will definitely need a new outfit which kind of ruins their mystic...Maybe like the same outfit but in the states they wear a blue coat?

This is a crucial piece of keeping the canucks content so we need to solve this vexing issue.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 11, 2022, 01:51:16 AM »
eff, I just remembered the Mounties wear red coats like the British which isn't going to fly in the states if they plan on being the police in the national parks. They will definitely need a new outfit which kind of ruins their mystic...Maybe like the same outfit but in the states they wear a blue coat?

This is a crucial piece of keeping the canucks content so we need to solve this vexing issue.

The war is over. We won. Britain knows we own their asses. We can keep the red coats.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 11, 2022, 11:21:11 AM »
The New United States would be a global hegemon, keeping too cool for school/skid row/Shithead Trudeau (TCFSSRST)  world under our thumb at all times.

The only major loss would be the huge naval port in San Diego and a nuke sub base in Oregon.    All other bases/forts/camps l in TCFSSRST could easily be replaced.    New United States would have hundreds of active nuclear missile silos, copious ground forces, almost the whole of fixed wing and rotary assets, virtually all the armor, at least two major nuke sub bases along with Norfolk NSY.    All the Skunk Works operations could be moved to Nellis/Area 51.    The vast majority of defense production would lie with New United States.    Almost all missile/rocket development and production would stay with New United States slightly offset with the loss of the launch facility at Vandenberg.    Command-control-oversight assets would like almost exclusive with New United States.    All airborne capabilities would remain with New United States.   Amphibious capabilities would be about even. 

The migration of copious R&D technology development from Silicon valley to other points in New United States renders that area of TCFSSRST a non factor. 

The financial/economic epicenter and its subsidiaries (Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Houston and others)  would remain almost exclusively with New United States. 

The loss of the California coast ports would be troublesome, but there is substantial ocean access on the Gulf and the Atlantic.   

With some noted exceptions almost the whole as well as untapped natural resources would remain with New United States.    Some areas of Ag Production would certainly require some sort of trade agreement with TCFSSRST.   If the dominate political thought relative to the usage of natural resources for Ag production get their way in TCFSSRST then that could be a real problem.   Admittedly TCFSSRST could have copious grain production capabilities in the North, but that faces greater peril with colder temps.   Colder temps are the bane of modern grain production whereas dry and arid conditions can be overcome with science.    Otherwise NUS maintains a massive fruited plain for grain production, as well as copious and cheaper livestock production capabilities.    NUS states Texas/Florida and in general the Sun Belt offer substantial opportunity to further develop Citrus and Vegetable production.   

Geographically NUS has massive lands available to solidify diversification of energy production,   Outside of the Southern part of TCFSSRST, NUS would dominate in solar and probably breakeven with  wind.  Given the political headwinds for nuclear in TCFSSRST, NUS could if it choose to do so outproduce TCFSSRST substantially in that area.    Oil could be a breakeven situation depending on how known and available reserves in each country are developed.   The political nod for fossil fuels would most certainly favor NUS.    TCFSSRST could have an advantage in certain rare earth minerals area, as well as in certain precious metals/diamond (mainly for industrial use) production.   Overall that factor is TBD. 

TCFSSRST would almost certainly be best served by being best buds with NUS.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 25, 2022, 01:12:26 AM »
What if we start by splitting the population between people dead set against infringing and those who are cool with some infringing?

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: May 25, 2022, 06:51:35 AM »
I’ll take light infringement, every once in a while, as a treat

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 20, 2022, 01:50:02 PM »
Looks like the Texas GOP wants to secede.  Should follow Putin’s playbook and strike now?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 20, 2022, 01:51:36 PM »
It might be wise to just sell Texas to Mexico, and then make Texas pay for a wall around Texas.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 20, 2022, 01:51:47 PM »
If we don't we will lose our land access to Matamoros.  It would be irresponsible to allow that. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 20, 2022, 01:54:18 PM »
Texas leaving the USA would be overall pretty good for the rest of the USA I think.