Author Topic: Breaking up the United States  (Read 40280 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking up the United States
« Reply #300 on: January 04, 2022, 02:01:44 PM »
north dakota seems like the canadianest state there is imo.
WRONG
'fraid so.  North Dakota may as well be Canada already.  That place is cold, desolate and indistinguishable from everywhere that isn't Vancouver/Toronto/Greater Quebec.  The numbers don't lie.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 04, 2022, 02:33:54 PM »
Let's just split it up like this.  Blue U.S.  - Red Confederate

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 04, 2022, 04:24:55 PM »
US keeps NJ and Nevada and gives up Michigan and Minnesota. 

Deal.

Let's just split it up like this.  Blue U.S.  - Red Confederate

Ooh, this works too. I can be a liberal but still get to use plastic straws. I do think this has shifted a bit though, my lovely home, the midlands loses all of the land west of the Missouri River, and south florida is now part of the deep south.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 18, 2022, 02:12:50 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2022/02/18/1081295373/the-big-sort-americans-move-to-areas-political-alignment

I did this! I had a job opportunity in Manhattan/Junction City that I passed on to stay here in Ames.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 18, 2022, 02:18:45 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2022/02/18/1081295373/the-big-sort-americans-move-to-areas-political-alignment

I did this! I had a job opportunity in Manhattan/Junction City that I passed on to stay here in Ames.

I wouldn't be looking to move to Manhattan right now either. It's become far too liberal.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 18, 2022, 02:19:26 PM »
Lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 18, 2022, 02:45:04 PM »
Figured Ames and MHK would be quite similar politically. I know Iowa is more purpley overall. What sucks about KS in general is that we seem to be losing our old "Midlands" type moderate vibe, and replacing it with a more "Deep South," MAGA type republicanism. My grandpa and Bob Dole are probably rolling over in their graves seeing what we've become.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 18, 2022, 02:47:46 PM »
I'm all for the breakup of the US by simply all but neutering the federal government. The political shifts and alliances that would spring forth would be a site to behold. We'd finally get to see things like ending the drug war and Medicare-4-All type health care spring up in certain states, as well as shifts in how and where small companies and large corporations alike choose to do business.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 19, 2022, 12:47:06 AM »

I wouldn't be looking to move to Manhattan right now either. It's become far too liberal.

:ROFL: the eff it has. Is justwin Joe Mathieu? Trumplicans won 3 of the 6 available school board and city commission seats in November's election. Three of these jokers.
https://themercury.com/news/manhattan-city-usd-383-school-board-candidates-speak-at-republican-rally/article_d9f4709b-4a56-5edb-9ee6-bf3f5b96eb4b.html

In Ames my kid in middle school has a black principal, my wife's school has a black principal, we have a black superintendent. We have a black lives matter week in the district. We haven't banned books (who would have thought in 2022, that would be something to brag about?). One of those conservative PACs tried to buy three school board spots and they got beaten, badly.

There are no conservatives on the city council. My representative is a black lives matter advocate and secretary for the local NAACP chapter. My state senate rep, also black, and now is the chair of the Iowa Democratic Party after the old guy metaphorically tazed his own balls with the 2020 caucuses.

No Marvin Rodriguez's here, that'd be embarrassing
https://lawandcrime.com/covid-19-pandemic/gop-county-commission-chair-downplayed-pandemic-in-kansas-not-that-many-chinese-people-here/

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 21, 2022, 09:37:24 AM »

:ROFL: the eff it has. Is justwin Joe Mathieu? Trumplicans won 3 of the 6 available school board and city commission seats in November's election. Three of these jokers.
https://themercury.com/news/manhattan-city-usd-383-school-board-candidates-speak-at-republican-rally/article_d9f4709b-4a56-5edb-9ee6-bf3f5b96eb4b.html

In Ames my kid in middle school has a black principal, my wife's school has a black principal, we have a black superintendent. We have a black lives matter week in the district. We haven't banned books (who would have thought in 2022, that would be something to brag about?). One of those conservative PACs tried to buy three school board spots and they got beaten, badly.

There are no conservatives on the city council. My representative is a black lives matter advocate and secretary for the local NAACP chapter. My state senate rep, also black, and now is the chair of the Iowa Democratic Party after the old guy metaphorically tazed his own balls with the 2020 caucuses.

No Marvin Rodriguez's here, that'd be embarrassing
https://lawandcrime.com/covid-19-pandemic/gop-county-commission-chair-downplayed-pandemic-in-kansas-not-that-many-chinese-people-here/

I have no doubt that Ames is more liberal than Manhattan. My main point was emphasizing the premise of the article Trim linked. Manhattan is not liberal enough for you. Manhattan is too liberal for me. The chances of me living in Manhattan five years from now are probably like 5%. You and I are self sorting as indicated in the article.

A lot of the stuff the MAGA wing of the Republican party does is off putting to me. A lot of the stuff the progressive wing of the Democratic party is off putting to me. On balance, though, the stuff from the progressive wing of the Democratic party is more off putting to me and I don't want to live somewhere where progressive thinking is becoming more prevalent.

There is no doubt that Manhattan is more liberal/progressive than it was 25 years ago. The Riley County Commission district I live in was won by a Democrat last fall. The city commission is filled with people that think raising taxes and spending more money is the way to go. USD 383 was far more draconian with their COVID policies than surrounding districts. This kind of stuff seems to be what more people in Manhattan want and that's fine. I keep my kids out of the schools here and am looking to move away.

As a final note, Marvin Rodriguez got voted out in the primary of the last election.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #311 on: February 21, 2022, 11:29:58 AM »
White flight has been a real thing for a long time.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 21, 2022, 01:29:19 PM »
Good synopsis by Justtakeyourballandgohome.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 21, 2022, 10:33:04 PM »
Question...Its a 50 state battle royale civil war. Do you fight for Kansas? I'm a dyed in the wheat sunflower bro so obviously I'm in but I'm wondering about some of our sunflower brothers who live in other states.

Does SD come back from Omaha to wear a sunflower badge or does he wear the corn patch? Does MichiganCat take the first flight back from brooklyn to grab an AR and fight for the sunflower alliance? What about MIR, his kids are Idiots Out Wondering Around born and bred, can he convince them they should really move back to Kansas for the war? Is 8man gonna dump his Chicago wife to bring glory to the prairie? Would Trim move back to Ta Town to file an lawsuit about some silly legal topic? I can guarantee you Dax will be back in his homeland fighting for Kansas.

Obviously there would be alliances and most of these people (besides michcat) would fall inside of brownbackistan but it is worth thinking about.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 21, 2022, 11:02:34 PM »

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 21, 2022, 11:15:34 PM »
eff you, but I’m in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 22, 2022, 12:43:46 AM »
Sorry. Texas Forever.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 22, 2022, 04:07:30 AM »
these Bears colors don't run

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 22, 2022, 06:13:39 AM »
I only have two old shotguns, but sure I’ve only lived here my whole life.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 22, 2022, 08:38:45 AM »
Multiple giant military bases,  massive capability to design, build and launch short range-intermediate range-ballistic rocket and missile/space systems,  a huge tactical air assault, tactical fighter and strategic bomber capability, and copious facilities to train war fighters of all types.   Not to mention ports equipped to service the ballistic missile and attack submarine fleet and a shipyard to build and maintain a highly nimble fast frigate naval force.   

Looks like the Deep South will have formidable military capabilities. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 22, 2022, 09:24:58 AM »
Yeah, they would be North Korea with heavy nuclear capabilities.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 22, 2022, 10:33:02 AM »
Given the attitudes of the cracker belt, coal belt and rust belt (even though they move here by the thousands upon thousands) it would seem a strong military would be advisable.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 22, 2022, 10:52:48 PM »
At this point in my life Kansas means nothing to me other than acting like I’m basically diverse because I grew up in a wheat field.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 23, 2022, 08:23:39 AM »
Ad Astra motherfuckers
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 23, 2022, 08:27:15 AM »
For me, facing the Kansas regiment will feel like what brothers fighting against each other in the Civil War must have felt.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 08:31:53 AM by bucket »