Author Topic: Depth Chart  (Read 12510 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Depth Chart
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2015, 02:07:21 PM »
if he never sees the field then he will be redshirted.

people are incredible dumbasses about how redshirts work

I'll admit that I am in the category of redshirt ignorance. A quick google search didn't help much and I am still unsure. Does a player have to be declared a redshirt before the seasons starts for it to count as a redshirt? Thanks!

You'll be shocked to know that they actually don't have to wear a red shirt either.

No way. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2015, 02:10:49 PM »
"Strong possibility" Hubener and Delton play Saturday regardless of score

I hope Delton doesn't play unless he's going to be the starter by week 4.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2015, 02:24:38 PM »
"Strong possibility" Hubener and Delton play Saturday regardless of score

I hope Delton doesn't play unless he's going to be the starter by week 4.

Weird quote from Bill via Kellis' Twitter. We shall see.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2015, 02:26:01 PM »
Some of the stuff coming out of Bill's mouf of late makes me think he has gone full dementia. So un-Bill like.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2015, 02:28:25 PM »
Some of the stuff coming out of Bill's mouf of late makes me think he has gone full dementia. So un-Bill like.

Yes, also said Jones sucks (loosely quoted) and Silmon and Warmack could pass him.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2015, 02:34:14 PM »
Usually he just talks and says basically nothing. Now he rambles then these little nuggets slip out.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2015, 02:37:39 PM »
Still reeling from that Judah Jones news.  I almost picked him as "my guy" in that one thread.  My goodness that would have been embarrassing.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2015, 02:47:01 PM »
more like judas jones

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2015, 03:14:47 PM »

I'll admit that I am in the category of redshirt ignorance. A quick google search didn't help much and I am still unsure. Does a player have to be declared a redshirt before the seasons starts for it to count as a redshirt? Thanks!

You'll be shocked to know that they actually don't have to wear a red shirt either.

No way.

I know man, it's hard to believe. I had to look it up after puni pm'ed it to me.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2015, 03:37:54 PM »

You'll be shocked to know that they actually don't have to wear a redshirt either.

Is it more orangishly tinted?
No, it's just a ribbon pinned to their uni.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2015, 03:40:06 PM »
youre welcome

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2015, 03:42:05 PM »
and it's usually pinned to their shirt, but some just put it in their pocket.  :D
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2015, 03:47:00 PM »
RE: Will Davis

I'm not going to be concerned until I see him in the 4-2-5 package.  That's when I'll get pissed.

If it's Moore and Lee in the 4-2-5, I'll be  :emawkid:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2015, 03:55:22 PM »

I'm not going to be concerned until I see him in the 4-2-5 package.  That's when I'll get pissed.

pretty sure it's Lee-Davis in the 4-2-5, could be wrong

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2015, 04:01:11 PM »

I was about to post this. He is basically another Hrebec/Slaughter/Truman and that is incredibly frustrating after six years.

A little surprised about Prewett over Newlan and that it's not an or. He must be really coming along. :drool:
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2015, 04:06:06 PM »
Kinda surprised AJ Allen isn't on the two deep.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2015, 04:07:13 PM »
Any info on Tanner Wood? Is he going to be a stud??
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2015, 04:09:13 PM »

I was about to post this. He is basically another Hrebec/Slaughter/Truman and that is incredibly frustrating after six years.

A little surprised about Prewett over Newlan and that it's not an or. He must be really coming along. :drool:

I don't think Prewett starting is a surprise at all. Weren't there all sorts of good reports about him all last year?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2015, 04:13:48 PM »

Prewett shouldn't be a surprise at all.  The kid is a stud and I'm freaking thrilled that he's going to play opposite Barnett.  We actually have TWO athletic safeties to go along with strong corners.  I mean...it's like what you expect, but we usually don't get to have nice things like that.

If Davis was 75% of 2013 Slaughter, I'd be very happy with his progress.  2013 Slaughter was pretty good.  But he was also 24 years old (or something like that).

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2015, 04:49:32 PM »
Kinda surprised AJ Allen isn't on the two deep.

Crap good point.  That is a bad surprise.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2015, 05:45:34 PM »
Some nice quotes by unproven players about Ertz!  :emawkid:

Kansas State wide receiver Deante Burton calls Jesse Ertz a "fighter." Wide receiver Dominique Heath says, "Jesse? That's my guy, my guy," while senior All-Big 12 left tackle Cody Whitehair offers a compliment. He refers to Ertz as "that dual-threat kind of guy."

"I don't know if there's anybody right now that I'd compare him to," Snyder said. "I'd really have to see him line up and compete full time, take the first snap and take the last snap. We want a balanced quarterback. You've been around long enough to see that. That's our ideal thing is to have a guy that can run it and throw it and make good decisions and provide leadership and process information -- all of those things that are vital to that position. He covers all spectrums.

"He covers all spectrums. He can run the ball, throw it, process information and make decisions."

-- LHC Bill Snyder on QB Jesse Ertz 

"He can run the ball, throw it, process information and make decisions. He has a wealth of improvement still to make but by the same token he has the capacity to do all of those things."

"He covers all spectrums. He can run the ball, throw it, process information and make decisions."

Sophomore linebacker Elijah Lee spent last season posting a true freshman-record 4.5 sacks while chasing signal-callers around the field.

He calls Ertz "a mysterious quarterback."

"That's the hard thing about him," Lee said. "You wouldn't guess his speed. You'd figure Jesse is a guy that could move around a little bit but he can run well. That and the fact that he can throw the ball, he does pretty good all around. You just can't go, 'Oh, he might do this.' He's capable of doing a lot of things. Rushing against a quarterback where you don't know if he's going to take off or throw it, it puts caution in your head."

Whitehair blocked for both Klein and Waters. Klein emits visions of a bulldozing runner; Waters a deft drop-back passer spreading the field. Whitehair indicates that Ertz offers a combination of such abilities.

"He's got a little bit of both there," Whitehair said. "Jesse's not afraid to pull it down and run but he's got a great arm and has trust in his receivers. You'll see both assets in his game. He has a lot of similarities to Collin and he has a lot of Jake. He's that dual-threat kind of guy. He'll really help out our offense.

"Jesse's been in the program. It's tough for a quarterback to come in and learn the playbook like Jake did but he was a smart kid and Jesse's also a very smart kid. Through the past two weeks we've really seen Jesse see fronts and movement and pressures and all of these different things really well. His smartness and knowledge of the game has really increased."

"It's a weird word to describe a quarterback, but to me, Jesse is a fighter," Burton said. "When a play breaks down -- we have a great defense, and we go against a great defense every day in practice -- he somehow keeps the play going. He'll get out of the pocket, get himself moving, and with a guy like that you always have to keep running because he might find you anywhere.

"Jesse is like a fighter back there."

Heath enters his redshirt freshman season eager to showcase his ability as a starting wide receiver. He said that he and Ertz bonded through after-practice workouts on the field.

"Me and him were always out there," Heath said. "He wanted to throw extra and it's paid off for him. He's always making the throw. He always comes in as the same person every day and ready to go to work. It shows up on the field."

Burton suggests that Saturday could be the start of something good.

"We have a crazy fan base that's going to get behind all of our players, but if Jesse can come out and really establish himself in this game, he can really create a following and get a good fan base behind him," Burton said. "With that will come increased confidence. Especially if you're going to play the quarterback position at this university, confidence is huge.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2015, 07:59:04 PM »

Bill wasn't 100% positive about Prewett, read it has Kaleb is just so talent he earned the job with ease. But is capable of so much.

Other things I took note of.

Heath is going to move around at the WR position, I think that is a sign that he is really really talented. It will also get Andre Davis on the field being the 3rd WO on the depth chart.

Bill little rant on the nickel back position and about how Burns or McDainels can be pushed inside, gives me a feeling something interesting is brewing. Looking at you MR. Shelley.

Bill is seems cocky about the return game.

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2015, 12:41:33 PM »

Fantastic DITR candy bar.  DITR #3,642 under  :billdance:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2015, 09:03:48 PM »
He isn't on depth chart but did I miss every single mention of Mario Smith's kid on the team or did it slip by everyone? It should be mentioned everyday.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2015, 09:21:44 PM »
He isn't on depth chart but did I miss every single mention of Mario Smith's kid on the team or did it slip by everyone? It should be mentioned everyday.

Redshirting, I believe?