Author Topic: RB/WR  (Read 14437 times)

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: RB/WR
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2015, 02:18:30 PM »
Guys, what if this crop of SEC-caliber studs that 'Dre pulled in from Jawjuh are ready to come in and contribute right away though?

Well, only 2 of them play offense, so that's a pretty small what-if.

Even if only one does, "50% of our freshmen contributed" sounds pretty good
@Trogdor_gE

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2015, 03:13:42 PM »
Guys, what if this crop of SEC-caliber studs that 'Dre pulled in from Jawjuh are ready to come in and contribute right away though?

Well, only 2 of them play offense, so that's a pretty small what-if.

Even if only one does, "50% of our freshmen contributed" sounds pretty good
Kalin Heath is gonna be so badass you guys

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2015, 06:19:51 PM »
I'd say that QB fits into the "may not be very good" pool of skill position concerns.

Our Offense is basically Gronk and the Donks (Donks is a bad thing word I made up because of its rhymenessness with Gronk)

In poker, donk is a bad player. This totally works.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2015, 10:04:59 PM »
who do you see taking snaps for us cas? with our lack of any even semi-proven talent at the other skill positions I'd like to see a super fast guy back there.

I'd really like to see it go in this order:

1A: Delton
1B: Banks

2: Hubener

3. Ertz

With that being said, it's anybody's guess on what we decide to do with Delton. You have two choices, redshirt and don't look back or start him.

If you go with the redshirt, which I think is probably the smartest, safest move, then I would like to see Banks be starting by conference play. I would bet that either Ertz or Hubener starts the opener and the next few games as we try to bring Banks and Delton along.

While Bazooka Joe is a ways down on my list of preferred starters, I haven't totally given up on him. He has good arm strength and really played pretty well in garbage time last year. The reason that most people have soured on him is his performance in the Spring Game.

Ertz, IMO, isn't really a factor. Don't like him. I would be very disappointed if he is named the starter based on what I've seen.

I guess who you want to be the starter depends on what you think this season holds. If you think that we just chalk this one up as a rebuilding season and win 6-7 games, then I say you roll with Delton/Banks from Day 1. If you think this team could win 9+ and compete for a NY6 bowl game/conference title, then, well I think you have to start Hubener to start with based on his experience and time in the program.

Offline millertime

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2015, 11:43:27 PM »
I had a dream last night that Banks was our starter. My dreams about future events are never right so I doubt he starts.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2015, 07:14:48 AM »
who do you see taking snaps for us cas? with our lack of any even semi-proven talent at the other skill positions I'd like to see a super fast guy back there.

I'd really like to see it go in this order:

1A: Delton
1B: Banks

2: Hubener

3. Ertz

With that being said, it's anybody's guess on what we decide to do with Delton. You have two choices, redshirt and don't look back or start him.

If you go with the redshirt, which I think is probably the smartest, safest move, then I would like to see Banks be starting by conference play. I would bet that either Ertz or Hubener starts the opener and the next few games as we try to bring Banks and Delton along.

While Bazooka Joe is a ways down on my list of preferred starters, I haven't totally given up on him. He has good arm strength and really played pretty well in garbage time last year. The reason that most people have soured on him is his performance in the Spring Game.

Ertz, IMO, isn't really a factor. Don't like him. I would be very disappointed if he is named the starter based on what I've seen.

I guess who you want to be the starter depends on what you think this season holds. If you think that we just chalk this one up as a rebuilding season and win 6-7 games, then I say you roll with Delton/Banks from Day 1. If you think this team could win 9+ and compete for a NY6 bowl game/conference title, then, well I think you have to start Hubener to start with based on his experience and time in the program.

cas, these are basically my exact thoughts

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2015, 07:18:31 AM »
Didn't they make another K-State rule this off season on that dump pass?

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2015, 07:57:44 AM »
espn big 12 dude seems to think delton is starting day 1. im okay with this

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2015, 08:28:02 AM »
I think Burton will at least be serviceable. He's capable of getting separation from the defender and getting open, but will frustrate you by the number of catchable balls he drops. Nothing to get too excited about, but at least it's something.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2015, 09:09:03 AM »
I think Burton will at least be serviceable. He's capable of getting separation from the defender and getting open, but will frustrate you by the number of catchable balls he drops. Nothing to get too excited about, but at least it's something.
hey bucket, go eff yourself

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2015, 09:13:37 AM »
Incredible recruiting.  #EMAW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2015, 10:43:30 AM »

Has this happened in Snyder's tenure? A true freshman starting Day 1?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2015, 11:58:12 AM »

bill doesn't have a whole lot of say in the matter anymore

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2015, 12:11:57 PM »
Hopefully Delton/Banks are as advertised and there won't be a need to rely on an All-American WR to bail out a shitty QB

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2015, 12:53:37 PM »

bill doesn't have a whole lot of say in the matter anymore

if that's true, then IT'S ERTZ!

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2015, 02:37:23 PM »

Is he not the cats best option right now?  :dunno:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2015, 02:53:40 PM »

Yes, he is but he is better than you make him out to be. Also he is my guy so watch your mouth

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2015, 03:18:56 PM »

Yes, he is but he is better than you make him out to be. Also he is my guy so watch your mouth

I hope you're right, kslim. I hope you're right. He certainly has the tools and potential to take that next step.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2015, 03:49:10 PM »

No.  The correct answer at this point is Kyle Klein.
bears are fast...

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2015, 03:54:52 PM »

Wrong. Cody Cook.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2015, 04:01:55 PM »

Wrong. Cody Cook.

Our WR coach disagrees... You stand corrected.

:dubious:
bears are fast...

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2015, 04:03:05 PM »
For some reason, I was thinking Kyle Klein injured himself and ended his career. Good to know he's back.

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2015, 04:04:18 PM »

Wrong. Cody Cook.

Our wr coach has the worst receiving core I've seen, obviously he knows what he is doing though.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2015, 04:37:45 PM »

Wrong. Cody Cook.

Our wr coach has the worst receiving core I've seen, obviously he knows what he is doing though.

Somehow Sexton was a good player last year, I don't think we really need to worry about WR. I would worry about the O-Line, are they going to be good enough this year to open up holes?

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2015, 05:57:18 PM »

Wrong. Cody Cook.

Somehow Sexton was a good player last year, I don't think we really need to worry about WR. I would worry about the O-Line, are they going to be good enough this year to open up holes?
Just now listening to the local Manhattan radio sports talk and they are discussing how we did last year in 9 or so different situational rushing stats.Not good guys,averaging around 100 national rank  :bawl: Now they just talked about how dependant we were on Lockett and Sexton  :bawl: But still ready for some Cat football