Author Topic: Beer Connoisseurs  (Read 423532 times)

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: Beer Connoisseurs
« Reply #650 on: February 01, 2012, 06:26:36 AM »
Hey, SD, have you ever had Samichlaus Beer?  It's an Austrian Lager.  They sell it at some place in Omaha.  I guess it's the strongest lager beer in the world.  I imagine it is gross, but I really want to try it.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: February 01, 2012, 08:32:47 AM »
Samichlaus, Austrian for beer.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: February 01, 2012, 10:51:57 AM »
I haven't read a single post in this entire thread, but I was given a bottle of the Boulevard chocolate ale today.  Is this a big deal?  TIA.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: February 01, 2012, 11:19:59 AM »
There is almost a cult-like following of Chimay going on in DC right now. Saw three bars in downtown this last week with "We have Chimay!" type signs. Mentioned it to a friend and was like "What?! Oh man, they have Chimay?!? Let's go get a Chimay! I'm gonna text Brogan and Flynn to meet us!"
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: February 01, 2012, 11:21:04 AM »
I haven't read a single post in this entire thread, but I was given a bottle of the Boulevard chocolate ale today.  Is this a big deal?  TIA.

no
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: February 01, 2012, 11:22:32 AM »
It's a decent beer. It's different, there aren't many chocolate ales out there.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: February 01, 2012, 11:22:47 AM »
There is almost a cult-like following of Chimay going on in DC right now. Saw three bars in downtown this last week with "We have Chimay!" type signs. Mentioned it to a friend and was like "What?! Oh man, they have Chimay?!? Let's go get a Chimay! I'm gonna text Brogan and Flynn to meet us!"
I like the blue one the best.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: February 01, 2012, 11:38:10 AM »
I like the blue one the best.

Oh, only newbs order the "Premier". Red? Might as well be Yuengling. Did you know it's made by monks? It's ethical. My cousin has a hook up and buys bottle of the exclusive Doree (it's a patersbier). It's much more authentic.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: February 01, 2012, 11:48:40 AM »

Yes and no.

Is it a big deal? Yes, it's extremely popular and some jerks are selling it for hundreds of dollars online cause you can't find it in the liquor stores unless you're buddies with an owner.

Should it be a big deal? No, Boulevard purposely shorted KC (sent most of the production to the Greater Boston area) so that there was an insane demand, hyped it as if it's liquid gold. It's ok beer, but not worthy of the hype.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 01, 2012, 12:27:21 PM »
No, Boulevard purposely shorted KC (sent most of the production to the Greater Boston area) so that there was an insane demand, hyped it as if it's liquid gold.

link?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: February 01, 2012, 02:10:15 PM »

Yes and no.

Is it a big deal? Yes, it's extremely popular and some jerks are selling it for hundreds of dollars online cause you can't find it in the liquor stores unless you're buddies with an owner.

Should it be a big deal? No, Boulevard purposely shorted KC (sent most of the production to the Greater Boston area) so that there was an insane demand, hyped it as if it's liquid gold. It's ok beer, but not worthy of the hype.

Boston wins again.   :shakesfist:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 01, 2012, 03:01:23 PM »
I heard about this Utah beer today:

Has anyone tried?
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 01, 2012, 03:34:18 PM »
not that particular beer, but wasatch makes v good beers.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 01, 2012, 04:54:26 PM »
No, Boulevard purposely shorted KC (sent most of the production to the Greater Boston area) so that there was an insane demand, hyped it as if it's liquid gold.

link?

No link, just super secret insidery info from one of my many contacts in the food and bev industry.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Beer Connoisseurs
« Reply #664 on: February 02, 2012, 09:07:31 AM »
Had some Red Banshee Ale from fort collins brewing co yesterday. Pleasant, not spectacular.

Really looking to find boulder brewing's Neversummer Ale in manhattan, but have failed thus far. Anyone know where to get it?
:adios:

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 02, 2012, 09:10:50 AM »
I heard about this Utah beer today:

Has anyone tried?

another great named wasatch beer is...

yes. that is a ram destroying salt lake city.

and yes, that is a decent tasting beer.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 02, 2012, 10:07:00 AM »
Have we covered shame beers, yet? I think it may be regional issue. It's been high 60s low 70s lately, so I threw inhibition to the wind and picked up a sixer of Land Shark. Was immediately heckled by my neighbor while grilling. I maintained a tough facade, but these things always bite at my "redneck" insecurities.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 02, 2012, 10:09:20 AM »
Have we covered shame beers, yet? I think it may be regional issue. It's been high 60s low 70s lately, so I threw inhibition to the wind and picked up a sixer of Land Shark. Was immediately heckled by my neighbor while grilling. I maintained a tough facade, but these things always bite at my "redneck" insecurities.

lol,

pretty much red stripe light.  I bet he wouldn't make fun of red stripe. 

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 02, 2012, 12:03:30 PM »
Enjoyed one of my favs the other night.  Breckenridge Vanilla Porter

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 02, 2012, 12:17:07 PM »
Hey, SD, have you ever had Samichlaus Beer?  It's an Austrian Lager.  They sell it at some place in Omaha.  I guess it's the strongest lager beer in the world.  I imagine it is gross, but I really want to try it.

They sell it at the Lauter Tun, if that helps.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 06:23:00 AM by kitten_mittons »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 02, 2012, 12:33:08 PM »
Hey, SD, have you ever had Samichlaus Beer?  It's an Austrian Lager.  They sell it at some place in Omaha.  I guess it's the strongest lager beer in the world.  I imagine it is gross, but I really want to try it.
http://www.thedigichick.com/forums/images/smilies/impatient.gif

hmmm, that place is on my way to/from work.  may stop and give a report.  place is weird when not night time though.  like, you stop for a drink after work and they look at you like they aren't open and you should go away because they don't want to serve anyone until the band gets there.  beer menu is on ipads they pass out at the bar.  they will close soon. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 02, 2012, 07:10:34 PM »
Tried the Chocolate Ale tonight.  It tastes like Chocolate and Ale!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 02, 2012, 07:46:48 PM »
http://www.thedigichick.com/forums/images/smilies/impatient.gif

hmmm, that place is on my way to/from work.  may stop and give a report.  place is weird when not night time though.  like, you stop for a drink after work and they look at you like they aren't open and you should go away because they don't want to serve anyone until the band gets there.  beer menu is on ipads they pass out at the bar.  they will close soon. 

lol, that was a fantastic review.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 02, 2012, 07:48:11 PM »

Bud Light tastes absolutely amazing after a day of manual labor. So for those rare days where I actually have to do manual labor I love Bud Light.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #674 on: February 02, 2012, 07:49:13 PM »
I will drink Miller Chill with zero shame.