Author Topic: Beer Connoisseurs  (Read 423666 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Beer Connoisseurs
« Reply #350 on: June 26, 2011, 02:56:12 PM »
Have heard costco wine is really good

they do a good job.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 26, 2011, 03:05:35 PM »
I discovered the greatest Beer of all time last fall. However, it's a seasonal, and I don't want you to know what it is, so I can buy the crap out of it and have as much as I can when it comes back around.  :drool:
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 26, 2011, 08:08:50 PM »
I discovered the greatest Beer of all time last fall. However, it's a seasonal, and I don't want you to know what it is, so I can buy the crap out of it and have as much as I can when it comes back around.  :drool:
pfffft.  Probably garbage.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 26, 2011, 09:16:21 PM »
I'll never tell.

Although I'll give you a clue. It's not Coors, hayseed, so you're probably not interested.
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 29, 2011, 11:44:13 AM »
Going to Denver for the weekend. Going to check out Avery and Great Divide Brewing Cos.

Avery Maharaja  :love:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 29, 2011, 11:47:39 AM »
Going to Denver for the weekend. Going to check out Avery and Great Divide Brewing Cos.

Avery Maharaja  :love:
Nice. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 29, 2011, 11:53:04 AM »
you're going to denver and those are the breweries you're going to check out?  LMFAO.

the world needs ditch diggers!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 29, 2011, 12:24:58 PM »
sd and his bros are going to denver for a long weekend in july and staying in the lodo area.  pretty much the sole purpose of the trip is to drink beer at Wynkoop, Great Divide, Breck, etc.  all within walking distance. 

Drank with the Gorilla at Wynkoop Monday and had some Avalanche and Vanilla Porter at Breckinridge last night.  :cheers:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 29, 2011, 12:26:28 PM »
sd and his bros are going to denver for a long weekend in july and staying in the lodo area.  pretty much the sole purpose of the trip is to drink beer at Wynkoop, Great Divide, Breck, etc.  all within walking distance. 

Drank with the Gorilla at Wynkoop Monday and had some Avalanche and Vanilla Porter at Breckinridge last night.  :cheers:

I'm hoping this weekend of extreme drinking doesn't wear me out of extreme drinking for Denver extremem drinking

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 29, 2011, 12:32:07 PM »
eh...

Featuring:
• Miller High Life
• Samuel Adams Boston Lager
• Rogue American Amber
• Budweiser Lager
• Woodchuck Amber Cider
• Plus Manager's Choices

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: June 29, 2011, 01:40:55 PM »
you're going to denver and those are the breweries you're going to check out?  LMFAO.

Sorry, but the Coors one doesn't interest me. I'll let the hayseeds like you go there.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 29, 2011, 01:41:43 PM »
4th of July tour?  I still need like 4 beers to complete the full tour so I may as well go down and knock a few out.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 29, 2011, 02:33:20 PM »

Sorry, but the Coors one doesn't interest me. I'll let the hayseeds like you go there.
there's a lot better beer in the area than the swill factories you're going to visit.  but you wouldn't know that, and i wouldn't expect you to.  dumbass.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 29, 2011, 03:15:14 PM »
had this planned, only w/ camping and a boulder stop and then oldest y-l_a bro decided to knock up his wife again and she is due during this time, dumbass.

Boddington's Pub Ale in the yellow can is one of only two beers that I've ever poured down the sink drain.  Terrible.
speaking of dumbasses. those are delicious, have to pour it in a glass for full effect.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Beer Connoisseurs
« Reply #364 on: July 07, 2011, 10:11:01 PM »
Beer is being ruined like wine.

Hell, wine connoisseurs are so good they can tell the difference between two bottles of the same wine. In one experiment, wine experts were given two bottles of the same wine, only one was labeled a "vin de table" (France's version of "Night Train") and one was labeled a "grand cru" (top-rated vineyard since 1855). Want to guess what happened?

According to the article: "Whereas the tasters found the wine from the first bottle 'simple,' 'unbalanced,' and 'weak,' they found the wine from the second 'complex,' 'balanced,' and 'full.'" Not only were their tasting skills put to shame, it didn't even occur to them that nobody buys a $40-plus bottle of wine for a university experiment.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 06, 2011, 07:55:37 AM »
coming next week

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 06, 2011, 08:57:30 AM »
coming next week

I'd like to go to Oktoberfest sometime. Anyone else?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 06, 2011, 01:36:26 PM »
So, the best beer store in Omaha has this rewards programs:

Sign up for Beertopia's Free Rewards Program and start earning your way to gift cards, merchandise, and much more!
The rewards program is free. $1.00 = 1 point. Keg purchases, beer tastings and beer festivals are not eligible for the rewards program. You may redeem your points at any level. Accumulate more points for bigger rewards!!! Beertopia is not responsible for lost or stolen cards and has no way of retrieving point balances on lost or stolen cards. Replacement cards are $1.00. Reward levels subject to change without notice.
100 POINTS   $5.00 Gift Card
200 POINTS   $10.00 Gift Card + Beertopia Koozie
300 POINTS   $15.00 Gift Card + Beer Glass of your choice (up to $3.00 value)
500 POINTS   $25.00 Gift Card + T-Shirt of your choice
1,200 POINTS   Magazine Subscriptions to Beer Advocate, Draft and All About Beer
4,000 POINTS   Personalized Private Beer Tasting for up to 10 people at Max and Joe's. Includes beer and snacks (value $200.00)
5,000 POINTS   $250.00 Gift Card + $25.00 Gift Card to Nebraska Brewing Co.
5,000 POINTS   Trip to Kansas City — includes 1-night hotel, $50.00 Gift Certificate to Flying Saucer Draught Emporium, tour of Boulevard Brewery & $50.00 Gift Certificate for Boulevard's Gift Shop (value $250.00)
10,000 POINTS   Trip to GABF in Denver — includes 2 nights hotel, 2 tickets to Great American Beer Festival and $50.00 Gift Certificate to Falling Rock Tap House (value $500.00)
80,000 POINTS   Trip to Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany — includes roundtrip airfare for 2 people, 6-nights hotel, 2 nights reserved seats at Oktoberfest with beer and dinner + brewery tour at Ayinger Brewery.

I'm trying to figure out how long it will take me to spend $80k there

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #368 on: August 06, 2011, 05:09:09 PM »
There is a great place up here called Friar Tucks, wow what a place.

http://www.friartuckonline.com/Index.aspx

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 06, 2011, 05:20:36 PM »
Funny how a trip to KC is considered a prize for people that live in Omaha.  Man, that place must suck hard.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 06, 2011, 05:41:08 PM »
Had the sierra nevada heffeweisen this weekend good stuff.

Also good old modello

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 06, 2011, 06:27:22 PM »
Spent thursday and Friday drinking microbrews in Colorado springs. Oddly, every place had pretty good ales and terrible heffeweizens.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 06, 2011, 06:33:05 PM »
Going to knock back a Schlafly Bière De Garde tonight. ;)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 06, 2011, 09:48:43 PM »
had this planned, only w/ camping and a boulder stop and then oldest y-l_a bro decided to knock up his wife again and she is due during this time, dumbass.

Boddington's Pub Ale in the yellow can is one of only two beers that I've ever poured down the sink drain.  Terrible.
speaking of dumbasses. those are delicious, have to pour it in a glass for full effect.

Looking neat and actually being good are two different things.  BPA sucks. 

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 08, 2011, 02:11:28 PM »
So, the best beer store in Omaha has this rewards programs:

Sign up for Beertopia's Free Rewards Program and start earning your way to gift cards, merchandise, and much more!
The rewards program is free. $1.00 = 1 point. Keg purchases, beer tastings and beer festivals are not eligible for the rewards program. You may redeem your points at any level. Accumulate more points for bigger rewards!!! Beertopia is not responsible for lost or stolen cards and has no way of retrieving point balances on lost or stolen cards. Replacement cards are $1.00. Reward levels subject to change without notice.
100 POINTS   $5.00 Gift Card
200 POINTS   $10.00 Gift Card + Beertopia Koozie
300 POINTS   $15.00 Gift Card + Beer Glass of your choice (up to $3.00 value)
500 POINTS   $25.00 Gift Card + T-Shirt of your choice
1,200 POINTS   Magazine Subscriptions to Beer Advocate, Draft and All About Beer
4,000 POINTS   Personalized Private Beer Tasting for up to 10 people at Max and Joe's. Includes beer and snacks (value $200.00)
5,000 POINTS   $250.00 Gift Card + $25.00 Gift Card to Nebraska Brewing Co.
5,000 POINTS   Trip to Kansas City — includes 1-night hotel, $50.00 Gift Certificate to Flying Saucer Draught Emporium, tour of Boulevard Brewery & $50.00 Gift Certificate for Boulevard's Gift Shop (value $250.00)
10,000 POINTS   Trip to GABF in Denver — includes 2 nights hotel, 2 tickets to Great American Beer Festival and $50.00 Gift Certificate to Falling Rock Tap House (value $500.00)
80,000 POINTS   Trip to Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany — includes roundtrip airfare for 2 people, 6-nights hotel, 2 nights reserved seats at Oktoberfest with beer and dinner + brewery tour at Ayinger Brewery.

I'm trying to figure out how long it will take me to spend $80k there

Probably more than 80 years. If you really want to earn that free trip, you are going to have to start some kind of weekend business where you deliver booze to weddings or something.