Author Topic: Beer Connoisseurs  (Read 423633 times)

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
Re: Beer Connoisseurs
« Reply #300 on: June 16, 2011, 01:41:54 PM »
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 16, 2011, 03:23:19 PM »
Has there been discussion on Dogfish Head in here? Did I bring it up? Because northeasterners are really snooty about it.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 16, 2011, 03:24:45 PM »
Has there been discussion on Dogfish Head in here? Did I bring it up? Because northeasterners are really snooty about it.

they've been discussed. 

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 16, 2011, 03:25:12 PM »
Dogfish Head stuff is great, especially their limited release IPAs.  :lick:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 16, 2011, 03:27:33 PM »
Tallgrass brewed a dry hopped apricot-infused IPA for Old Chicago, had a few glasses last night. :cheers:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 16, 2011, 06:54:54 PM »
Tallgrass brewed a dry hopped apricot-infused IPA for Old Chicago, had a few glasses last night. :cheers:

sounds like the exact same tallgrass apricot ipa that they had at the maes firkin a couple of weeks ago. it was actually pretty good. wouldn't want more than a couple though.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 16, 2011, 07:01:05 PM »

You seem to have a thing for Boulevard, no?  2 fave Boulevard beers...Tank 7 and Dark Truth Stout.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 16, 2011, 07:47:01 PM »

sounds like the exact same tallgrass apricot ipa that they had at the maes firkin a couple of weeks ago. it was actually pretty good. wouldn't want more than a couple though.
Yeah, same deal. 

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 17, 2011, 08:14:19 PM »
6'er of this cooling down in my fridge as we speak.  I'll be cracking open my first at around 9:30 while I make a homemade thin crust pizza.  Then I plan banging my hot girlfriend like a screen door on a trailer in a Tornado in Reading, KS.

"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 17, 2011, 08:25:17 PM »
BLVD Two Jokers Double Wit is back.  :love:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 17, 2011, 10:21:28 PM »

Yeah, same deal. 

Good though  :cheers:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 17, 2011, 10:46:51 PM »
Is there a beer on earth better than a Miller High Life? Yes, definitely. But is there a beer on earth better than a Miller High Life after a long afternoon working in the yard on a hot summer day? Probably.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 17, 2011, 11:11:35 PM »
American style light beers are perfect for stuff like that. 

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 18, 2011, 12:13:39 AM »
Is there a beer on earth better than a Miller High Life? Yes, definitely. But is there a beer on earth better than a Miller High Life after a long afternoon working in the yard on a hot summer day? Probably.

If you like Pilsner style beers (Miller Lite is one) then I invite you to try...

I hadn't tried anything new from New Belgium in a couple of years, but decided to give this stuff a shot a few weeks ago.  I think I found my new "go to" beer for the summer.  You won't be disappointed. 

Drink it from one of these. 

Here is some reviews from beeradvocate.com http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/192/933
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 18, 2011, 12:18:27 AM »
Tried Sam Adams Summer Ale, and like all Sam Adams products it was . . . okay.

winter lager is their best seasonal imo

Yep,love Winter Lager.  It's also my lady's fave beer.  Most winter seasonal's are warmers, I like that Sam A. went a different route.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: June 18, 2011, 12:25:28 AM »
:surprised:

http://www.mensjournal.com/top-five-beer-towns

Any list without representation from the state of Colorado is doing it wrong.  That is if the list is ranking best beer towns.  
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 12:37:15 AM by nicname »

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 18, 2011, 12:26:54 AM »
New Belgium Ranger IPA

Just picked some up last week, and it is delicious.
better than mighty arrow, worse?  is it too hoppy?  i'm sick of beers guys throwing 500 pounds of hops in a beer and saying it tastes good. no, it doesn't taste good, it tastes like hops.
It's hoppier than MA, but not too hoppy.  Not as hoppy as the ska brewing ipa. :)

yeah, hops alone aren't good enough for me and those smokey beers almost make me gag. that's the only kind of beer that i just can't drink. fav beers are the citrus kind of ipa's. the odells ipa is amazing. just incredible.

Agree.  O'Dell is my fave IPA by a good margin.  Also like the elephant on the bottle.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 18, 2011, 12:35:05 AM »
Drinking some Guinness tonight for the first time in about a year.  Not as good as I thought I remembered.
Yeah, it's not that good.  Many, many better stouts out there.

Depends on which Guinness you are talking about.  Draught or the crap with the little balls in it?  Yeah, that stuff sucks.  Guinness Extra Stout with the cream label?  That stuff is world class.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 18, 2011, 12:48:26 AM »
enjoying a summer shandy right now.  note: i have done zero yard work and was generally pretty lazy at work today.  feels pretty good.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: Re: Beer Connoisseurs
« Reply #319 on: June 18, 2011, 12:51:53 AM »
Beer is being ruined like wine.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 18, 2011, 01:09:57 AM »
That's like saying "there are too many girls in this bar."  Not everyone may be to your liking (and you're always welcome to take home the same chick you've been screwing since high school) but greater selection is never a bad thing.  You just gotta play the field bro, before settling down with one chick/wine/beer.  Guys like me are in no hurry to settle down with anything.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 18, 2011, 09:02:27 AM »
Breck Agave Wheat and Acme Pale Ale last night.  Both pretty nice for warm weather.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 18, 2011, 10:10:41 AM »

If you like Pilsner style beers (Miller Lite is one) then I invite you to try...

I hadn't tried anything new from New Belgium in a couple of years, but decided to give this stuff a shot a few weeks ago.  I think I found my new "go to" beer for the summer.  You won't be disappointed. 

Drink it from one of these. 

Here is some reviews from beeradvocate.com http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/192/933

Love the Blue Paddle.  That, Supper Club, or Blvd Pilsner have been my, "I'm probably going to drink at least six tonight" beers. 

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 18, 2011, 10:33:24 AM »
You guys ever tried a Boulevard Wheat?  Yeah, it's horrible, but for some reason everyone in KC loves it.  :dunno:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 18, 2011, 10:37:40 AM »
sd and his bros are going to denver for a long weekend in july and staying in the lodo area.  pretty much the sole purpose of the trip is to drink beer at Wynkoop, Great Divide, Breck, etc.  all within walking distance.