Author Topic: Beer Connoisseurs  (Read 423540 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Beer Connoisseurs
« Reply #4775 on: June 05, 2020, 07:25:02 PM »
:'bye cruel world:
@AST - I don’t know when my monthly Dallas trips will resume, but Celestial will be high in the priority list when I get down there again.  Do they serve food?  Any trivia nights?  With The Common Table closed (:Crybaby:), we’ve been looking for other places in the area.  Tried Braindead and Steam Theory prior to shutdowns.

The spots you want to be are Turning Point (southwest of DFW airport) and Celestial.  Neither serve food but both have food trucks/vendors in most nights they are open.  Both also have trivia (or did pre global pandemic) on random weeknights. 

Both of them can produce IPAs on par with or better than all other breweries in the country.  It is just a matter of being in town when the right one drops.  The Digital Relationship I am drinking tonight is probably the beat IPA i have had in 6 months.
Community used to do Trivia on Wednesdays and has many great choices, including an amazing IPA. Easy access off 35 near downtown Dallas. Food trucks but nothing else in the area other than a couple other decent breweries.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: June 05, 2020, 07:26:31 PM »
NE IPAs are definitely different and I definitely hate them. West Coast till I die (also like American pale ales).

You and I could probably be pretty good buds but your post is not making a great case for it.  I like American and West Coast IPAs but love the New England.  I will respect your decision though as it is your body, your choice.
Even though I have to question anyone who prefers NE over those two, I am definitely of the mind that the best drinking buds are those who can finish a good mix pack without fighting over the same stuff.

:cheers:
Stop backed in to eat a little crow because I just found out one of my favorite beers from a nearby brewpub is actually a NE IPA.

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: June 06, 2020, 12:45:13 PM »
NE IPAs are definitely different and I definitely hate them. West Coast till I die (also like American pale ales).

You and I could probably be pretty good buds but your post is not making a great case for it.  I like American and West Coast IPAs but love the New England.  I will respect your decision though as it is your body, your choice.
Even though I have to question anyone who prefers NE over those two, I am definitely of the mind that the best drinking buds are those who can finish a good mix pack without fighting over the same stuff.

:cheers:
Stop backed in to eat a little crow because I just found out one of my favorite beers from a nearby brewpub is actually a NE IPA.

Well well well, how the turn tables have turned.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: June 06, 2020, 01:44:15 PM »
Cigar city Florida man is really good. Very light and drinkable for a double ipa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: June 08, 2020, 07:44:37 AM »
:'bye cruel world:
@AST - I don’t know when my monthly Dallas trips will resume, but Celestial will be high in the priority list when I get down there again.  Do they serve food?  Any trivia nights?  With The Common Table closed (:Crybaby:), we’ve been looking for other places in the area.  Tried Braindead and Steam Theory prior to shutdowns.

The spots you want to be are Turning Point (southwest of DFW airport) and Celestial.  Neither serve food but both have food trucks/vendors in most nights they are open.  Both also have trivia (or did pre global pandemic) on random weeknights. 

Both of them can produce IPAs on par with or better than all other breweries in the country.  It is just a matter of being in town when the right one drops.  The Digital Relationship I am drinking tonight is probably the beat IPA i have had in 6 months.
Community used to do Trivia on Wednesdays and has many great choices, including an amazing IPA. Easy access off 35 near downtown Dallas. Food trucks but nothing else in the area other than a couple other decent breweries.
I thought it was okay, but went there after going to Celestial. There is a Thai restaurant that brews their own beers somewhere around there too, with clever names such as "THAI ONE ON"
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: July 01, 2020, 07:00:47 PM »
Sloop Brewing has rocketed into my awareness.  An absolute hazy factory

Offline BW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: July 01, 2020, 07:11:38 PM »
Where at?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: July 01, 2020, 07:18:26 PM »
Where at?

I looked it up and they're from ny

Offline BW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: July 01, 2020, 07:21:34 PM »
Where at?

Oh, so distributed here? Not a new KC spot? I am a hazy super fan as well. Vacation in Bend, OR during fresh hop hazy seaaon, won't be disappointed. And in fact, enjoying a Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing after mowing the yard as we speak.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: July 01, 2020, 07:25:17 PM »
Where at?

Oh, so distributed here? Not a new KC spot? I am a hazy super fan as well. Vacation in Bend, OR during fresh hop hazy seaaon, won't be disappointed. And in fact, enjoying a Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing after mowing the yard as we speak.

I don't think they're in kc but it looks like they're in Chicago. I'm in Albany atm

Offline BW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4785 on: July 01, 2020, 07:25:55 PM »
Where at?

I don't think they're in kc but it looks like they're in Chicago. I'm in Albany atm
Tease.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: July 01, 2020, 07:25:58 PM »
Also i would love to do a massive bike/beer vacation in OR. Sounds amaze

Offline BW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: July 01, 2020, 07:30:53 PM »
Also i would love to do a massive bike/beer vacation in OR. Sounds amaze
Did it in October and did a loop from Portland  to Hood River to Bend (2 nights) to Newport and back to Portland. Rented a convertible and the trip through the mountains with leaves changing was awesome. Did 21 breweries and 5 wineries in 5 days.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: July 01, 2020, 07:43:06 PM »
Whoa, that's great.

What is your hazy rotation in kc? City Barrel always has a few

Offline BW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: July 01, 2020, 08:03:38 PM »
Whoa, that's great.

The Oregon trip resulted in a kid and thus have only been to City Barrel, Double Shift, Alma Mater, Call Sign and Callibration in last year. Been trying to sneak down to Servaes cause they've had a few on Twitter that sound interesting.

Offline BW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: July 01, 2020, 08:27:36 PM »
Whoa, that's great.

The Oregon trip resulted in a kid and thus have only been to City Barrel, Double Shift, Alma Mater, Call Sign and Callibration in last year. Been trying to sneak down to Servaes cause they've had a few on Twitter that sound interesting.

Just a taste.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 08:53:48 AM by BW »

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: July 02, 2020, 07:34:26 AM »
GUYS!

About every other week i've been attempting to purchase BKS beers online. They go on sale at 7:00 PM Thursday nights and sell out by 7:01 or 7:02. It's insane.

I pick up on Friday or Saturday and then usually also hit up Alma Mader, and then Rochester for some beer & coffee.

There has been a few new breweries that have recently opened in KC in the past few weeks. Pathlight Brewing seems to be the most promising so far, with a good balance of Haze, west coast and pilsners. Haven't been or tried Rock Creek or Lost Evenings.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: July 02, 2020, 07:37:52 AM »
This weekend we are going on a Iowa/Minnesota road trip.

Day 1 (today): Barn Town in West Des Moines
Day 2: Lua Brewing, Exile, Confluence
Day 3: Forager (Rochester, MN), Pulpit Rock and Toppling Goliath (Decorah, IA)

Day 2 is pretty flexible but I definitely want to hit up Lua.

Offline BW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: July 02, 2020, 08:24:43 AM »
GUYS!

About every other week i've been attempting to purchase BKS beers online. They go on sale at 7:00 PM Thursday nights and sell out by 7:01 or 7:02. It's insane.

I pick up on Friday or Saturday and then usually also hit up Alma Mader, and then Rochester for some beer & coffee.

There has been a few new breweries that have recently opened in KC in the past few weeks. Pathlight Brewing seems to be the most promising so far, with a good balance of Haze, west coast and pilsners. Haven't been or tried Rock Creek or Lost Evenings.
Is there a new Normal Brewing in Crossroads? Have seen pics from there. Enjoy the weekend trip.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: July 02, 2020, 01:05:57 PM »
Whoa, that's great.

Just a taste.

Bend is one of my favorite cities in the country.  My wife is from Oregon so we might be moving back there someday (currently in CO).  But the breweries, and more specifically the West Coast IPAs are unbeatable.  Bend Brewing CO is another great spot there.  10 barrel also one of my favs!

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: July 02, 2020, 01:08:32 PM »
This weekend we are going on a Iowa/Minnesota road trip.

Day 1 (today): Barn Town in West Des Moines
Day 2: Lua Brewing, Exile, Confluence
Day 3: Forager (Rochester, MN), Pulpit Rock and Toppling Goliath (Decorah, IA)

Day 2 is pretty flexible but I definitely want to hit up Lua.
Very jelly about Toppling Goliath. Plz report back.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: July 02, 2020, 01:10:03 PM »
GUYS!

Is there a new Normal Brewing in Crossroads? Have seen pics from there. Enjoy the weekend trip.

Believe it’s called Nimble Brewing. I haven’t tried it yet. Their line up looks great, just haven’t made it there yet.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: July 02, 2020, 01:31:07 PM »
GUYS!

Believe it’s called Nimble Brewing. I haven’t tried it yet. Their line up looks great, just haven’t made it there yet.

I've been to Nimble but only had the farmhouse, not bad

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: July 19, 2020, 08:09:02 PM »
Revised Copy by Four Noses is the best NEIPA (maybe beer) I've ever had

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: July 19, 2020, 10:32:24 PM »
Just caught up to the Portland talk, Deschuttes  probably the top brewery I’ve been to so far. So many good beers. Portland also has like a brewery alley that will just exhaust you. Really not a bad location for a bachelor party cause that plus the nature stuff.