Author Topic: Next in the Gay Wars - destroy Christianity  (Read 12450 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: Next in the Gay Wars - destroy Christianity
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2015, 11:24:25 PM »
Interesting. This thread seems to shine a light on the true propbets of hate.  Christians and everyone bring their beliefs to the discussion in the public square and will continue to do so.  My side lost today and we will learn to deal civilly with it.  My house of worship though is not the public square.  Tatics of childish hate, tatrums, and revenge towards others who disagree with you give the impression of no true resolve or  belief in your convictions.  Seeking to use the courts and laws to force anyone to change their religious beliefs is contrary to the Bill of Rights.

This is what I don't get.  Gay marriage isn't an assault against anyone's religious beliefs.

No one is telling you that you have to marry a man.  If two men want to marry, and it's against a religion's dogma, that's between them and their maker.  It has nothing to do with you.

No one told you that you had to change what you believe.  If it were up to me, I'd remove "under God" from everything, as I'm not a Christian, but whatever.  When people sing God Bless America, I just check my phone instead.  That's your thing, and if it makes you feel better, have at it.

I guess I just think it's hypocritical that I have to give a crap if Christians are offended, but they force their beliefs into my face every day.  It just is what it is.  Gay people aren't saying you have to marry a man, so you shouldn't tell them they can't get married.  Just stick to your own path, man.

Offline BrokenSky1113

• Fan
  • Heaper of Wampums
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2015, 09:49:18 AM »
Interesting. This thread seems to shine a light on the true propbets of hate.  Christians and everyone bring their beliefs to the discussion in the public square and will continue to do so.  My side lost today and we will learn to deal civilly with it.  My house of worship though is not the public square.  Tatics of childish hate, tatrums, and revenge towards others who disagree with you give the impression of no true resolve or  belief in your convictions.  Seeking to use the courts and laws to force anyone to change their religious beliefs is contrary to the Bill of Rights.

How does letting people marry affect you or your beliefs or freedoms in any way? you can still think its a sin, you can still hate it, you just can't make the government carry out your religious beliefs. All that happened today was continued confirmation that personal rights and freedoms can not be overridden by a vote. Just as you could not vote to suppress the first or second amendment in your town or county with a vote. Absolutely nothing has changed about your religious freedom. Be free Reno, be free.
"yeah he (she???) is probably the worst fan we have" - Meow Meow

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2015, 10:03:20 AM »
That God damn Hillary is going to force people to get abortions  :curse:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2015, 10:16:00 AM »
Christians had to be come atheist first and now they have to become gay. 
America is rough.  Love it or leave it, I guess. 

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2015, 10:51:50 AM »
Your religion is an assault on my religion!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2015, 10:59:07 AM »
yes, quit taking sides, other side

lol

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2015, 11:08:08 AM »
That God damn Hillary is going to force people to get abortions  :curse:
I read this in your voice and IRL lol'd.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2015, 11:17:03 AM »

How does letting people marry affect you or your beliefs or freedoms in any way? you can still think its a sin, you can still hate it, you just can't make the government carry out your religious beliefs. All that happened today was continued confirmation that personal rights and freedoms can not be overridden by a vote. Just as you could not vote to suppress the first or second amendment in your town or county with a vote. Absolutely nothing has changed about your religious freedom. Be free Reno, be free.

This is what I don't get.  Gay marriage isn't an assault against anyone's religious beliefs.

No one is telling you that you have to marry a man.  If two men want to marry, and it's against a religion's dogma, that's between them and their maker.  It has nothing to do with you.

No one told you that you had to change what you believe.  If it were up to me, I'd remove "under God" from everything, as I'm not a Christian, but whatever.  When people sing God Bless America, I just check my phone instead.  That's your thing, and if it makes you feel better, have at it.

I guess I just think it's hypocritical that I have to give a crap if Christians are offended, but they force their beliefs into my face every day.  It just is what it is.  Gay people aren't saying you have to marry a man, so you shouldn't tell them they can't get married.  Just stick to your own path, man.

Here's the thing, I don't think people like Reno can intellectually accept the fact that working for the state means you are acting for the state and not your own personal beliefs.  They see forcing a judge to 'validate' a legal contract, or the clerk of the court issuing the marriage license as an assault on their beliefs because they can't grasp that that person is acting in an official capacity instead of in a personal capacity. 

And that is how you get to crap like this:
http://www.newsweek.com/following-supreme-court-decision-mississippi-may-stop-issuing-any-marriage-347740
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2015, 12:18:16 PM »
I hope Mississippi does that

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2015, 12:35:34 PM »
An elected officials or an appointed official like a judge has no right to refuse overseeing a SSM ceremony.   For churches, synagogues, and mosques who's faith leaders have had a relationship with the state to officiate weddings that are civil contracts because the leaders are licensed agents of the state are worried because they are licensed agents can be forced to marry a same sex couple or lose their license and to be sued for discrimination.   Likely churches will only do Blessing Ceremonies after the wedding held at a justice of the peace.   Time will tell if Chief Justice's warnings about the impact this ruling will have on religious houses of worship and their affiliated organizations comes to fruition.  Yes, my faith my offend some, but I should be not impeded from practicing it in its full context, especially if not advocating harm to other - just like those opposed have the right to express their beliefs.  I hope Judge Kennedy's ruling is right that this ruLing will not impede religious freedom.  Most Republicans for President echo the same concerns, but understand this is the new rule of law.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2015, 01:00:18 PM »
This has not infringed upon your religious freedom in any way, shape or form, reno. Let people live their lives.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2015, 01:05:51 PM »
An elected officials or an appointed official like a judge has no right to refuse overseeing a SSM ceremony.   For churches, synagogues, and mosques who's faith leaders have had a relationship with the state to officiate weddings that are civil contracts because the leaders are licensed agents of the state are worried because they are licensed agents can be forced to marry a same sex couple or lose their license and to be sued for discrimination.   Likely churches will only do Blessing Ceremonies after the wedding held at a justice of the peace.   Time will tell if Chief Justice's warnings about the impact this ruling will have on religious houses of worship and their affiliated organizations comes to fruition.  Yes, my faith my offend some, but I should be not impeded from practicing it in its full context, especially if not advocating harm to other - just like those opposed have the right to express their beliefs.  I hope Judge Kennedy's ruling is right that this ruLing will not impede religious freedom.  Most Republicans for President echo the same concerns, but understand this is the new rule of law.

Your faith doesn't offend anyone unless your faith is to hate people in which case you can expect them to not give a crap what you think.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2015, 01:09:49 PM »
But my original point stands.  If you start a fight expect the other guys to fight back

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2015, 02:20:23 PM »
How does the ruling affect me as a straight male?

No way at all. Citzen's United on the other, now there was a mumped up ruling.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2015, 02:21:17 PM »
The Pubs are ringing this religious freedom cell loud and proud because they know voters like Reno think they are under attack (coincidentally because their party news channel carries the same talking g point) and know it will garner them votes. Call me about the republican sanctity for religion when they stop cheating on their wives while they are dying from cancer and they stop rough ridin' 14 year old boy interns.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2015, 02:34:46 PM »
Well, it's a fact that conservative show hosts are fist pumping their white asses off.  I mean, book deals, ratings, etc are all going to go through the roof. 

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2015, 02:48:13 PM »
But my original point stands.  If you start a fight expect the other guys to fight back
Agree.  No problem with people sticking up and saying their thoughts in the arena of public debate.  Once the debate is over and a law is set by legislativery means or court action then we all live with it, like it or not.  I would love to go 100 mph, but the law does not permit it.  My original point is a group of activist trying to use courts, lawsuits, and laws to force anyone to change their religious beliefs is wrong.  The question becomes is the hate and urge to fight back by the people who feel wronged strong enough for them to want to destroy those they who opposed them.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2015, 02:50:25 PM »
Gays being allowed to marry only poses a theat to a straight couple if one of them is gay.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2015, 02:52:44 PM »
You didn't oppose them.  You killed, beat and harassed them.  Sucks losing, I get that but don't be a sore loser.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2015, 02:55:09 PM »
The Pubs are ringing this religious freedom cell loud and proud because they know voters like Reno think they are under attack (coincidentally because their party news channel carries the same talking g point) and know it will garner them votes. Call me about the republican sanctity for religion when they stop cheating on their wives while they are dying from cancer and they stop rough ridin' 14 year old boy interns.
[/quote
Republicans have done some whopper bad things. As to have Christians, Jews, Muslims, Mormons.  Democrats, progressives, and and liberals have like skeletons in their pasts and are just as prone to demogogary.   None us can win a pissing war about sainthood

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2015, 03:02:14 PM »
[/quote
Republicans have done some whopper bad things. As to have Christians, Jews, Muslims, Mormons.  Democrats, progressives, and and liberals have like skeletons in their pasts and are just as prone to demogogary.   None us can win a pissing war about sainthood

And the Supreme Court has ruled.  Gay people can get married too. 

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2015, 03:02:40 PM »
Agree.  No problem with people sticking up and saying their thoughts in the arena of public debate.  Once the debate is over and a law is set by legislativery means or court action then we all live with it, like it or not.  I would love to go 100 mph, but the law does not permit it.  My original point is a group of activist trying to use courts, lawsuits, and laws to force anyone to change their religious beliefs is wrong.  The question becomes is the hate and urge to fight back by the people who feel wronged strong enough for them to want to destroy those they who opposed them.
If that is your original point, it's moot.  none of this has anything to do w your religion.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2015, 04:16:16 PM »
Hot damn!!!  Renocat dogpile, bite him, poke him in the eyes, pull his leg hairs, and twist his gonnies while he is on the bottom.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2015, 04:53:35 PM »
Homosexuality, as a lustful thought and as an act, is horrible and wrong, in a true moral sense, but a country's decision on who can get married is irrelevant to me.

Focus should be on morality of relationship, nothing more. Morality (there is only one set) is true for all.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2015, 05:26:13 PM »
Even PW is a fan!