Author Topic: serious thread for asking actual sane republicans questions  (Read 9520 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: serious thread for asking actual sane republicans questions
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2015, 09:51:20 AM »
KS loves its morons, though.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2015, 10:01:54 AM »
KS loves its morons, though.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

it's quite a conundrum. how do you determine who is a moron and who is playing the political game? if politicians had time to work on important issues instead of pandering to idiots to win reelection would government be more effective? however, it's entirely possible that if politicians weren't worried about losing their office they wouldn't do jackshit anyway. wait, i think there might be peer-reviewed studies that examine all of this.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2015, 10:16:19 AM »
The ppl that are pandering most to morons are the ppl I don't want in office. 

I mean, look at a mailer sometime.  More often than not a mailer from a KS politician will have bullet points about some liberal/republican "agenda" at the federal level, will throw hate and shade at some recognizable federal level name(boehner, obama, pelosi, etc), and toss in their opponent's name beside them.  Like, electing some dumbass to serve as house rep to the State house, and who will rep some stupid suburb of Wichita, has a rough ridin' thing to do with any of that.  Yet, they run a campaign piggy backing on the hate and discontent spread by Fox News or MSNBC. 

If someone goes that hard at distraction, they don't need to be in office. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2015, 10:23:03 AM »
the thing about elected officials (if you ignore gerrymandering and voter turnout impediments) is that they reflect the ideals of the majority.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2015, 10:28:47 AM »
Yes.  Morons love morons.  It keeps them feeling safe, comfy, and not threatened. 

Ignorance is the absolute best thing that has every happened to politicians.  The anti-intellectualism movement is a gold mine for the current far right pubs.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2015, 10:35:37 AM »
Tea party droolers have given conservatism a bad name.  If one of apostles of one issue stupidity told them not to Crap for a month to protest the EPA, they would and blow up like a Ballon and explode.  Rigidity is good in the bedroom with your sweets, but not in government when it comes to the business affairs of society, protecting us, and providing infrastructure.  Sen. Moran is a good example.  An example is Kansaa, if you are out of money, you have to raisw taxes.  Also nothing is wrong with debating and being true to one's social convictions.  When we become amoral then hell will flourish.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2015, 11:10:48 AM »
the religious right and tea party have turned me away from a lot of the republican candidates that make it through primaries. a lot of viable moderate right candidates cannot make it through a primary so I'm stuck with a Brownback'esque v. whoever the left/3rd party trots out there decision. I'll keep voting moderate right in primaries and then not voting at all or voting dem/some third party candidate probably.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2015, 11:15:24 AM »
I might reregister as a Dem so I can vote for Chaffee in the primary. #MetricSystem4Lyfe

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2015, 11:17:59 AM »
A democrat candidate in kansas (maybe Nebraska too?) is basically a right leaning moderate, so at least there's that
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2015, 11:22:11 AM »
A democrat candidate in kansas (maybe Nebraska too?) is basically a right leaning moderate, so at least there's that

The ones who can afford to put their name out there, so that you actually hear of them, are

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2015, 01:00:34 PM »
Liberty is the removal of government impediments so that a person is free to prosper how they see fit, so long as they don't infringe upon others.

Equality is a misnomer and involves taking from one person and giving to another under the guise of righting a previous wrong.

Thoughts on the barriers put in place by govt, in the past, to insure inequality in the not too distant past?  I mean, it seems the govt is already in the biz of effecting the equality of it's constituents, and has been for some time.   :dunno:

Barrier is a synonym for impediment. It's obviously addressed in my post quoted above.

If you're asking whether two wrongs can make a right (attempting to correct one inequality with another), ask your mom.

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2015, 01:37:25 PM »
The two wrongs note is individual perspective.

Being absolutely horrible to a certain portion of the population, for a very long period of time, then completely ignoring them and calling it liberty is pretty shitty. 

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2015, 02:09:02 PM »
I really don't understand people who say they are republican because they favor smaller government
1. Who the hell favors more government? I've been to democrat party events and I've never heard anyone advocate for more government.
2. The current iteration of republican party loves the eff out of using government intervention into the lives of Americans so what am I missing here?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2015, 02:12:38 PM »
I just don't live in states where they have shitty republicans running things. That goes for states with shitty democrats running things as well. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2015, 02:30:43 PM »
I really don't understand people who say they are republican because they favor smaller government
1. Who the hell favors more government? I've been to democrat party events and I've never heard anyone advocate for more government.
2. The current iteration of republican party loves the eff out of using government intervention into the lives of Americans so what am I missing here?

The smaller govt note leads right into the smaller taxes, smaller regulation, smaller daily interaction with out daily lives idea that most republicans believe in.  Believing in that maybe doesn't equate to being a republican, but being conservative.  I also think that the current republican party is almost anything but actually conservative in many ways.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2015, 02:45:13 PM »

i favor small government is code for i don't want any of my tax dollars to pay for food stamps, etc.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2015, 03:01:16 PM »

i favor small government is code for i don't want any of my tax dollars to pay for food stamps, etc.

For some, probably.  For others it can mean that they don't want the government telling them what they can do with their own bodies, in their own bedroom, etc.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2015, 03:06:42 PM »

For some, probably.  For others it can mean that they don't want the government telling them what they can do with their own bodies, in their own bedroom, etc.

i mean it could mean that but it doesn't/won't/never has. but hypothetically sure. the small governemtn dorks are just worried about their pennies going to someone else that they don't feel deserves them. that's all this is about. wars, defense, etc they have no problem with. that big government is ok. they just don't want someone getting unemployment and then using that money to buy a lottery ticket. they are hyperconcerned with the lives that other people live.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2015, 03:08:05 PM »

i mean it could mean that but it doesn't/won't/never has. but hypothetically sure. the small governemtn dorks are just worried about their pennies going to someone else that they don't feel deserves them. that's all this is about. wars, defense, etc they have no problem with. that big government is ok. they just don't want someone getting unemployment and then using that money to buy a lottery ticket. they are hyperconcerned with the lives that other people live.

Current practice, yeah.  In theory, it should be something else.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2015, 03:17:57 PM »
I support small government in the sense that I support the rights of states to set their own policies independent of Federal policies and cities/counties to set their own taxes and policies independent of state policies. Republicans are pretty good at protecting states' rights, but absolutely terrible at letting local governments have any control at all. At least the republicans in Kansas are this way.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2015, 03:24:34 PM »
I'm still a registered repub because:

-I would like to be taxed less. I'm taxed a lot
-I'm late term pro-life
-I still have some left over pro-farm and pro-farm-subsidy (despite me knowing they are the dumbest) feelings and for some reasons the repub party has been the pro-farm party
-I believe we need to reduce unemployment and welfare benefits (but raise the min wage)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2015, 04:07:54 PM »

First example I thought of of a dem advocating for more government:

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/community-college-tuition-top-theme-state-union-speech/

IMO its a great idea, heart's in the right place, but its completely impractical.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2015, 04:11:00 PM »

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/community-college-tuition-top-theme-state-union-speech/

IMO its a great idea, heart's in the right place, but its completely impractical.

You keep saying things like, "it won't work" or "it's completely impractical" without really explaining why. It's not very convincing.

And I suppose any push for more/better public education is "more government"

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2015, 04:15:35 PM »
I'm still a registered repub because:

-I would like to be taxed less. I'm taxed a lot
-I'm late term pro-life
-I still have some left over pro-farm and pro-farm-subsidy (despite me knowing they are the dumbest) feelings and for some reasons the repub party has been the pro-farm party
-I believe we need to reduce unemployment and welfare benefits (but raise the min wage)
Reduced  welfare and unemployment benefits AND raise  minimum wage? Government subsidies might actually natrually go down with increased wages. 

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2015, 04:21:46 PM »

You keep saying things like, "it won't work" or "it's completely impractical" without really explaining why. It's not very convincing.

And I suppose any push for more/better public education is "more government"

I grew up in Hutch with HCC and pretty much anybody in the county that could tie their shoes would get some sort of scholarship if they wanted to go there.