Author Topic: (+1 Hidden)  (Read 2336 times)

Sugar Dick

(+1 Hidden)
« on: April 22, 2010, 01:28:00 PM »
When reviewing the "who's logged in" at the top of the page I noticed there was one hidden person.  What does this mean? 

Is this a tool BMW uses to  troll "sub rosa style" giving him time to prepare one of his many asinine posts?  Why would anyone need to read a message board under an identity other than guest or a hilarious pseudonym?  Double identity protection  :dunno:

Mods, no need to move this thread, the hidden user was reading the basketball board, therefore it's a basketball related topic.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: (+1 Hidden)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 01:31:28 PM »
When reviewing the "who's logged in" at the top of the page I noticed there was one hidden person.  What does this mean? 

Is this a tool BMW uses to  troll "sub rosa style" giving him time to prepare one of his many asinine posts?  Why would anyone need to read a message board under an identity other than guest or a hilarious pseudonym?  Double identity protection  :dunno:

Mods, no need to move this thread, the hidden user was reading the basketball board, therefore it's a basketball related topic.

yeah. i don't know. never really understood this either. seems to me like you could just log off and view as guest and then log back on and view as yourself when you were ready. unless some of the boards aren't accessible to guests, which might be the case. not sure though. we'll have to wait til a mod shows up for confirmation or denial to this.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 01:52:08 PM »
when you set up your profile you can select to have it show when you're online, or appear that you're not.  if you choose to appear that you're not online, then you show up as +1 hidden.  different than a guest b/c a guest hasn't registered.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 02:03:20 PM »
when you set up your profile you can select to have it show when you're online, or appear that you're not.  if you choose to appear that you're not online, then you show up as +1 hidden.  different than a guest b/c a guest hasn't registered.

Got it, registered guests.

Can you post as hidden?  Like a ghost :scary:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 02:32:49 PM »
yeah, i got/get it too. i just don't get why someone would do it. i guess it's easier than logging off and then back on. barely.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 02:42:48 PM »
T. Brew!?

:ohno: :opcat:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 02:45:10 PM »
I can see BMW doing it...hitting refresh every 5 seconds on his own threads while beating off.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 02:49:03 PM »
I can see BMW doing it...hitting refresh every 5 seconds on his own threads while beating off.
this but scratch out beating off w/ dax making fun of him for how long he has been on here.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 03:04:08 PM »
yeah, i got/get it too. i just don't get why someone would do it. i guess it's easier than logging off and then back on. barely.

It would probably take me longer to figure out how to be logged on as "hidden", than it would for goEMAW.com to email me my password that I forgot the second I created my account. 

I originally thought the (+1 hidden) person was someone that had me on "ignore", not sure if you can do that over here.  Michi Cat would probably do it to me if you could.  FP, TC, etc. . .

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 03:33:05 PM »
i think fatty employs this technology when bbs'n  :adios:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 03:40:36 PM »
It's TomLight :ohno:

Offline hillwalking03

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
  • Worst Non-KSU grad school KU poster on goEMAW.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 04:14:30 PM »
It's TomLight :ohno:

He and his armies tracked me here.  I should have never come here.  I've endangered you all.
Message Board Samurai

Sugar Dick

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 05:18:08 PM »
Based on my keen detective skillz over the last 10 minutes, I'm 93.7% sure the (+1 Hidden) is BMW.

:sherlockholmesmagnifyingglass:

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 05:47:36 PM »
 :peek:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010, 01:29:33 AM »

yeah. i don't know. never really understood this either. seems to me like you could just log off and view as guest and then log back on and view as yourself when you were ready. unless some of the boards aren't accessible to guests, which might be the case. not sure though. we'll have to wait til a mod shows up for confirmation or denial to this.

Global moderator, my ass.

Offline William Quantrill

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2010, 03:42:35 AM »
IT'S FITZ!!! FWIW he did choke a human being last night