Author Topic: yellowstone, grand canyon or toronto  (Read 5466 times)

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: yellowstone, grand canyon or toronto
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2015, 04:23:01 PM »
Utah is just great. Flew with the family into Denver, spent the night in Vail, then a couple nights near Moab. Did Arches, Canyonlands, and a rafting trip down the Colorado.

Then drove to Zion, stopping at Capitol Reef. Included a white knuckle drive through Grand Staircase Escalante.

Zion is lb for lb the best park in the country.

Then a few nights on North Rim.

Finished the trip with a night in Vegas before flying back.

Highlights of trip:

1. That white knuckle drive, sheer drop offs on both sides.
2. Cougar encounter at GCNP
3.  Driving through that crazy fundamentalist Mormon town.
4. Kids in Vegas. Lolz

How cold was your rafting trip? Where'd you drop in?

Offline CopperBowl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
yellowstone, grand canyon or toronto
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2015, 04:29:52 PM »
Utah is just great. Flew with the family into Denver, spent the night in Vail, then a couple nights near Moab. Did Arches, Canyonlands, and a rafting trip down the Colorado.

Then drove to Zion, stopping at Capitol Reef. Included a white knuckle drive through Grand Staircase Escalante.

Zion is lb for lb the best park in the country.

Then a few nights on North Rim.

Finished the trip with a night in Vegas before flying back.

Highlights of trip:

1. That white knuckle drive, sheer drop offs on both sides.
2. Cougar encounter at GCNP
3.  Driving through that crazy fundamentalist Mormon town.
4. Kids in Vegas. Lolz

How cold was your rafting trip? Where'd you drop in?

It was just right. A hair chilly at start, but warmed up nicely.

tagalong.com/trip/colorado-river-westwater-canyon-one-day

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2015, 08:12:28 PM »
Welp, hope Daris went to yellowstone

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/29366447/japanese-man-dies-at-grand-canyon-national-park-during-hike

i did go to yellowstone. also a person did apparently die while i was there. also, some bears were knawing on some dead animal corpse and some whackjob walked up pretty close to them and started yelling at them and throwing crap at them. park rangers eventually came and got him. what a weirdo!

God damn it.  This is the Teens, not the Nineties.  You rough ridin' record crap like that.  You are so old.

it was recorded by a bunch of people but happened right before we got there and were told about it by the people still there and then confirmed later by a couple of other people. i probably could have ahd them play it to me on their phone and then recorded their recording on mine. still though, this guy walked up like way, way to close to two two big bears who were eating up some dead thing and he then starts throwing rocks and hurling insults at them. sounded kind of funny. i guess i'm glad they didn't eat him also but man what a story that would have made so maybe not too glad.

i bet daris really would take a recording of a recording, lol.  airdrop? whats that?  a disaster relief organization?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2015, 08:15:38 PM »

Welp, hope Daris went to yellowstone

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/29366447/japanese-man-dies-at-grand-canyon-national-park-during-hike

i did go to yellowstone. also a person did apparently die while i was there. also, some bears were knawing on some dead animal corpse and some whackjob walked up pretty close to them and started yelling at them and throwing crap at them. park rangers eventually came and got him. what a weirdo!

God damn it.  This is the Teens, not the Nineties.  You rough ridin' record crap like that.  You are so old.

it was recorded by a bunch of people but happened right before we got there and were told about it by the people still there and then confirmed later by a couple of other people. i probably could have ahd them play it to me on their phone and then recorded their recording on mine. still though, this guy walked up like way, way to close to two two big bears who were eating up some dead thing and he then starts throwing rocks and hurling insults at them. sounded kind of funny. i guess i'm glad they didn't eat him also but man what a story that would have made so maybe not too glad.

i bet daris really would take a recording of a recording, lol.  airdrop? whats that?  a disaster relief organization?

Iknowrite!