Author Topic: Things you just figured out that you probably should have figured out long ago  (Read 6342 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
CVS sells tennis balls for people with walkers to "reshoe" their walkers.

Thunder is caused by lightning heating up the air, then the air collapsing back together (or some science term for that)

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I thought thunder was caused by lightning super heating the air and it rapidly expanding and crashing into the cold air around it :ck:
:dance:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't have to type "www" at the beginning of a URL anymore. (Actually I figured it out a couple moths ago when someone posted it in here somewhere, I think.)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Not to get all GPC up in here, but I saw on twitter yesterday that the female orgasm is 4x that of a males.  :frown: Such BS!  :shakesfist:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That if you push space twice at the end of a text sentence it will put the period for you.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Not to get all GPC up in here, but I saw on twitter yesterday that the female orgasm is 4x that of a males.  :frown: Such BS!  :shakesfist:

What do you mean 4x? Lasts 4 times as long? Is 4 times as intense? Happens 4 times as often? (LOL LOL LOL)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

What do you mean 4x? Lasts 4 times as long? Is 4 times as intense? Happens 4 times as often? (LOL LOL LOL)
I think it said it lasts 4x longer.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I mean, I knew it was different than a males, but how do they study this stuff? FTR, I always got an "A" in Health and Sexual behaviors at K-State, so I'm not dumb you guys.  :shakesfist:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I mean, I knew it was different than a males, but how do they study this stuff? FTR, I always got an "A" in Health and Sexual behaviors at K-State, so I'm not dumb you guys.  :shakesfist:

You need to watch Masters of Sex.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Ok.  :D

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
I thought thunder was caused by lightning super heating the air and it rapidly expanding and crashing into the cold air around it :ck:

you're probably right...something about air. 

A buddy of mine thought until college that wind was caused by trees.

The Big Train

bears really do crap in the woods

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Rae Dawn Chong is Tommy Chong's daughter!

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Toilets don't flush backwards in Australia.  Eff you 6th grade teacher

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
In-N-Out burgers are amazing.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I don't follow the NFL very much.

I didn't know that the Patriots were the Boston team til I moved up here. I just thought that they were somewhere in New England and encompassed all the states up here.
:dance:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
I don't follow the NFL very much.

I didn't know that the Patriots were the Boston team til I moved up here. I just thought that they were somewhere in New England and encompassed all the states up here.

It's pretty great branding.  Probably makes it easier to follow them from out of state(regionally) than if they were Boston Patriots.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
This is more of a thing I figured out a long time ago that I should have figured out a little time before that: when I was a little kid the guy at some baseball card shop completely blew my mind by showing me that the milwaukee brewer mitt was actually the letters MB

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
This is more of a thing I figured out a long time ago that I should have figured out a little time before that: when I was a little kid the guy at some baseball card shop completely blew my mind by showing me that the milwaukee brewer mitt was actually the letters MB

The person who designed that was very good at their job.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think Foxborough is closer to or at least the same distance from Providence as it is Boston.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
was probably a year ago i figured out that the hole in a pot or pan handle is actually for a spatula or a spoon or whatever, I always just thought the hole was for hanging

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That if you push space twice at the end of a text sentence it will put the period for you.

Speaking of which, I just learned a few years ago from Brian Garner that it is not proper to put the two spaces between sentences. One space only. Mind blown. :Wha:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
was probably a year ago i figured out that the hole in a pot or pan handle is actually for a spatula or a spoon or whatever, I always just thought the hole was for hanging

Seems like that would make a mess. If you stirred the food then put the spoon/spatula in the hole all the liquid would run down onto the handle of the spoon/spatula.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Speaking of which, I just learned a few years ago from Brian Garner that it is not proper to put the two spaces between sentences. One space only. Mind blown. :Wha:

People who insist on 2 spaces really annoy me.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Seems like that would make a mess. If you stirred the food then put the spoon/spatula in the hole all the liquid would run down onto the handle of the spoon/spatula.
nope not really, it works very well