Author Topic: Can oscar Stay?  (Read 4712 times)

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
Can oscar Stay?
« on: March 02, 2015, 10:42:04 PM »
If he keeps this winning thing up and we make the ncaa tourney will that change any of your minds or no?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

The Big Train

Re: Can oscar Stay?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 10:49:56 PM »
no

/thread

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 10:51:01 PM »
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 05:44:25 AM »
If he keeps this winning thing up and we make the ncaa tourney will that change any of your minds or no?
If we win the conference tourney and then make the sweet sixteen I'll like him prolly. But I reserve the right to start hating him again at any moment for any reason.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 06:17:06 AM »
As a former procrastinator in college, no. Too little too late for my judgmental self.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 06:37:38 AM »
Win a tourney game

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 07:51:06 AM »
Make the NCAA (huge longshot) and maybe.

This is the kind of season we're going to get from oscar from here on out I suspect.

He should be fired for over coaching this team and not sticking with the plan of how he wanted this team to play.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 07:57:11 AM »
even if we make the tourney you cannot forgive the non con, his players being ill prepared, and the general team hate for him and he is just uncomfortable to watch

off with his head at the fastest point possible

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 08:15:08 AM »
This season has been a mess, but he'll be here next year and any heat on his seat has cooled for the moment. Not getting to .500 and making some sort of postseason will still be disappointing to me. If next year is similar or worse than this year, he should definitely be gone. He needs to get things corrected and make the tournament next year.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 08:27:22 AM »
the tucks are too stupid to realize that the last couple of games we played should have been the way we played all season, oscar is here for at least two more years minimum

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 01:31:20 PM »
the tucks are too stupid to realize that the last couple of games we played should have been the way we played all season, oscar is here for at least two more years minimum

this. I wonder if there are special glasses or contacts that make every opposing team's uniforms look red/blue or project a jayhawk or something so we will play hard against them.

OMG THE WHAT COLOR IS THIS DRESS THING!
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 01:58:51 PM »
The bigger question is, who would you replace him with?  Who would want to coach at a school that fires a coach who won a conference championship in one of the toughest basketball conferences in the nation and went to the NCAA Tournament every year he was there?

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 02:02:17 PM »
The bigger question is, who would you replace him with?  Who would want to coach at a school that fires a coach who won a conference championship in one of the toughest basketball conferences in the nation and went to the NCAA Tournament every year he was there?

:facepalm:

@mikec2w

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 02:04:24 PM »

People who like money

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 02:06:21 PM »
No way in hell he's gone if he makes it to the NCAA, and we'd be stupid to fire him if he did.

Is this even a discussion?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 02:06:30 PM »

People said the same thing about KU football, but we still landed Beaty.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 02:28:55 PM »
No way in hell he's gone if he makes it to the NCAA, and we'd be stupid to fire him if he did.

I agree, but there is no way in hell they make the NCAA tourney this year. 
@mikec2w

Offline illBisonYourdele

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 02:35:08 PM »
People said the same thing about KU football, but we still landed Beaty.

:thumbs:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 02:47:33 PM »

I agree, but there is no way in hell they make the NCAA tourney this year. 

well, yeah. I still think it's difficult to fire him because this season shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 02:52:09 PM »
eh

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 03:08:34 PM »
This season has been a mess, but he'll be here next year and any heat on his seat has cooled for the moment. Not getting to .500 and making some sort of postseason will still be disappointing to me. If next year is similar or worse than this year, he should definitely be gone. He needs to get things corrected and make the tournament next year.

oscar is either the guy or he isn't. i don't think there should be any seat cooling just because wes pulled off an impossible steal-dunk combo that helped k-state earn a win it had no business getting (trailed for the entirety of the game, often by eight plus, and had a 15 percent chance prior to the steal).

credit to oscar for getting k-state close to .500 in league, but if the ball bounced the other way a few more times (at okla, vs baylor, vs okla, vs isu), k-state is probably closer to 6-11 right now rather than 8-9, and the perception of the season is totally different.

k-state has been beaten thoroughly in five (maybe six) of its nine big 12 losses. they've delivered a thorough beating exactly twice - both at home - and maybe three if you count the five-point TCU win.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2015, 03:11:51 PM »

oscar is either the guy or he isn't. i don't think there should be any seat cooling just because wes pulled off an impossible steal-dunk combo that helped k-state earn a win it had no business getting (trailed for the entirety of the game, often by eight plus, and had a 15 percent chance prior to the steal).

credit to oscar for getting k-state close to .500 in league, but if the ball bounced the other way a few more times (at okla, vs baylor, vs okla, vs isu), k-state is probably closer to 6-11 right now rather than 8-9, and the perception of the season is totally different.

k-state has been beaten thoroughly in five (maybe six) of its nine big 12 losses. they've delivered a thorough beating exactly twice - both at home - and maybe three if you count the five-point TCU win.

Most seasons for most teams are like that.

And you know coaches on the hot seat or off is often not logical and often comes down to quirks and breaks in games. I think for the majority of the fan base the bad losses to TCU and Baylor brought more concern to the direction of the program, and then the wins against KU and ISU slowed that down a bit (maybe not around here, but still). And coaches get extensions or get fired based on stuff like this all the time, its not new.

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2015, 03:18:12 PM »

I think he needs to win two or three games in the tournament next year. For that to happen he would need to earn a favorable seed. And, even if he pulls it off it just buys him one more year. I don't think he is in any position for any post season success this year to help his cause (getting to Big 12 champ, winning the NIT). But, poor performances in the Big 12 and whatever crap tournament we may end up in, turn the heat way up.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2015, 03:18:43 PM »
Most seasons for most teams are like that.

i'm not sure if winning close games is a skill, but if it is, oscar is one of the best examples of a coach who doesn't possess that particular skill, at least not historically. that's why this season is pretty jarring to some extent. in league play, oscar is winning the coin-flip games that he famously used to lose at illinois.

what happens when those don't go his way?

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2015, 03:22:20 PM »
Because of how we have played and actually look like we aren't a biddy basketball team anymore and oscar's coaching has shaped up that we can beat texas this weekend.