Author Topic: cu insults burks; players; mcclain; twitchy, bug-eyed guys everywhere  (Read 4161 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
Re: cu insults burks; players; mcclain; twitchy, bug-eyed guys everywhere
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 10:43:41 AM »
Please leave Alec. You make me feel like sh1t every time I hear your name. :cry:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 10:51:03 AM »
Did they learn nothing from us??? They basically just hired Greg Mcdermott.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 10:54:12 AM »
What a joke of a program  :lol:

Offline econocat

• Fan
  • The father of Economics
    • View Profile
CU going the SLTH route
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 11:24:41 AM »
The Daily Camera has learned that Tad Boyle will be introduced as CU's 18th men's basketball coach during a press conference being scheduled for later today at the Dal Ward Center.

Boyle met with the CU players Monday morning. Boyle replaces Jeff Bzdelik, who resigned last week to take the head coaching job at Wake Forest.

Boyle served as head coach at Northern Colorado for the last four seasons, where he compiled a 56-66 overall record. He took over a program that was last in the national RPI his first season there, and built it into a Big Sky title contender in four seasons. The Bears compiled a 25-8 record this year, the most wins in a season in school history, and finished second in the Big Sky.

After the season was completed, Boyle was named the NABC Division I All-District Coach of the Year, the Sporting News Big Sky Conference Coach of the Year, and the CollegeInsider.com Big Sky Coach of the Year. He was also a CollegeInsider National Mid-Major Coach of the Year finalist.

A native of Greeley, Boyle led Greeley Central High School to a Colorado state championship in 1981 before playing at Kansas under Larry Brown, where he played on a Big Eight Tournament championship team in 1984 and captained the 1984-85 team.

Boyle earned a bachelor of science degree in business administration at KU, and worked in the financial sector for several years in Boulder. While in Boulder, he served as an assistant coach at two different high schools, then served as the head coach at Longmont High School.

Boyle joined the full-time coaching ranks in 1994, when he joined former KU teammate Mark Turgeon on Jerry Green's staff at Oregon. The Ducks earned one NCAA berth and one NIT berth in their three years there. He then followed Green to Tennessee to serve as director of basketball operations, and the Vols earned an NCAA berth his first year there.

Boyle then rejoined Turgeon, who was head coach at Jacksonville (Ala.) State for two seasons. Turgeon took the head coaching job at Wichita State in 2000 and Boyle accompanied him. In Boyle's six years at Wichita State, the Shockers earned three NIT berths and one NCAA berth, advancing to the Sweet 16 in 2006.

The following season, Boyle returned to his home state and took on the job of rebuilding a moribund UNC program
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone." — John Maynard Keynes

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
Tad Boyle taking over at Colorado?
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 11:44:03 AM »
 goodmanonfox

Did Colorado put out a news release? RT @AdamZagoria: Tad Boyle named Colorado coach. Could send Mike Dunlap to St. John's. #stjbb
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 11:47:04 AM »
wtf, what happened to Bz?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 12:23:32 PM »
Quote from allbuffs:

One thing that kind of kicked in yesterday while watching the NBA, Boyle came with blessings of Larry Brown. Larry Brown is the coach of the Charlotte Bobcats. The Charlotte Bobcats General Manager is Rod Higgins. Rod Higgins has a son....
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 12:34:59 PM »
they also insulted hutch.  i forgot about that.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2010, 02:09:41 PM »
was never any doubt that Mike "Throw Me A" Bohn wasn't going to search outside of the bargain bins (or more than 60 miles away) for a replacement, but this is unbelievable. Buff nation is likely to rise up and protest. I would NOT be suprised to see a massive crowd on campus tomorrow letting the administration know exactly how they feel.

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 03:08:58 PM »
crean hires mcclain for indiana.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 03:41:23 PM »
You have to laugh a little at all the "academic" blather coming out of Boulder when Boyle and McClain are your two finalists.

catzacker

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 04:04:20 PM »
crean hires mcclain for indiana.

odds burks transfers there?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 05:44:37 PM »
was never any doubt that Mike "Throw Me A" Bohn wasn't going to search outside of the bargain bins (or more than 60 miles away) for a replacement, but this is unbelievable. Buff nation is likely to rise up and protest. I would NOT be suprised to see a massive crowd on campus tomorrow letting the administration know exactly how they feel.

Did you attend cu?  You always take pretty strong stances on issues relating to them.
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 05:46:51 PM »
You have to laugh a little at all the "academic" blather coming out of Boulder when Boyle and McClain are your two finalists.

pfft. If they have to recruit the same type of thugs uk does just to get their program going, they will. Nobody will care.

And lol @ the talk about CU not being in the academic elite that surfaced (again) during the CU-to-Pac10 discussions. They are the super-elite. Could KSU engineering grads have come up with this?

With respect to the academic rankings arms race, this is like the Russians launching Sputnik. UC-Boulder has the top spot spoken for.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 05:49:42 PM by BigCat »

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2010, 05:51:19 PM »

LOL, I see what u did there.       :bigtoke:

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2010, 05:52:38 PM »

Did you attend cu?  You always take pretty strong stances on issues relating to them.

No. But somebody has to fight for their cause.

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2010, 06:00:57 PM »

:cheers: :bigtoke:

No. But somebody has to fight for their cause.
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2010, 07:13:19 PM »
Hey BigCat you going to attend the "protest" tomorrow? 

Burks would be dumb to transfer and have to sit out a year.  He's probably already planning on jumping after next year.  I'm sure he's been working the phones pretty hot already to the NBA scouts about his options for this summer.  Higgins has the dad connection to Larry Brown, so he won't be going anywhere.  I guess the CU administration thought they could cheap out and still keep their players.  Where have we heard of that before!?

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2010, 08:58:03 PM »
If I'm Burks, I go play ball in Greece for a season...but some cash in my pocket and bang some olive skinned hotties.
Y.N.W.A.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2010, 07:36:45 AM »
As for not getting the CU job, McClain said, "I have no interest in staying, and I'm sure Tad has no interest in me."

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_14917518?source=rss

Also, Burks is considering leaving.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2010, 07:40:33 AM »
"If you can't recruit to Boulder, you can't recruit anywhere,"