Author Topic: Chicken winging court storming  (Read 78414 times)

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken winging court storming
« Reply #275 on: February 24, 2015, 10:52:30 PM »

Did anyone else see Nigel get pushed to the ground by the ku bench after falling back into it. I think it was jamree (or jumari, or jamary) who did it too.

Saw that, but Idk if he got tripped or just slipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can probably see it in the replay, 1st half after hitting a 3
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 24, 2015, 11:04:50 PM »
First of all, I rough ridin' love you Nathan Power. I mean really, he bumped Traylor, no one got hurt, jfc can we all just move on? Anyone wasting their limited brain cells worrying about young stud Nathan not acting the "Wildcat Way" would probably have made a good Nazi.

Secondly, drop the sanctimonious bullshit and remember what you were like as a 19 or 20 year old kid. It's security's job to get ku off the floor safely. That's how things need to be handled better. The idea that 6k amped up students should be expected to act "The Wildcat Way" or that they should "act like we've been there" is plain stupid and flies in the face of all historical evidence that we have about the behavior of 19 and 20 year old kids. And, in reality, everyone is rough ridin' ok.

Finally, I am for anything that makes Bill Self and friends absolutely hate us and absolutely hate coming to play in the OOD. If it takes pinning Bill up against the scorers table every time we beat them, then I'm all for that.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 24, 2015, 11:10:04 PM »
Ya, these dumbasses have really taken the bait out of all of this.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 24, 2015, 11:14:07 PM »
I think Bill felt violated by oscar. That is where all of the butthurt is stemming from.

Gonna win 'em all!

The Big Train

« Reply #279 on: February 24, 2015, 11:16:16 PM »
i know for a fact i was an angel when i was 19/20, never did anything wrong or questionable :adored:

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 24, 2015, 11:20:36 PM »
I think Bill felt violated by oscar. That is where all of the butthurt is stemming from.

Gonna win 'em all!

Well then, I'm also for this, if that is what it takes.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 25, 2015, 01:17:52 AM »
Currie, who worked at Tennessee when the Southeastern Conference implemented its court storming fines, wants to see it all stop. The Big 12 does not have a rule against court storming.

“I am 100 percent against court storming,” Currie said. “I am against field storming.

“That takes a little fun out of it, right? But I am risk management, and I think it is not safe and it is not a good idea. We should do everything we can to prevent it.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article11066765.html#storylink=cpy

Will he be able to photoshop all the images of past stormings out of the promotional videos and stuff by saturday?

Offline TheProdigiousTalent

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 25, 2015, 01:55:39 AM »
How in the actual eff is Curtis Townsend putting some random fan merely flipping birds into a brief headlock not the primary subject of discussion here and elsewhere?  It's one thing (and definitely shameful) for one college student of thousands to hip check somebody, but a KU employee making several hundred Gs per year trying to put a dude into a sleeper hold?  How is he not already suspended/fired?  Oh yeah...because Bill Seff is a master politician and controlled the dialog by putting all blame on K-State and pretending that his staff/team kept their cool.  That sly cat.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 25, 2015, 06:57:11 AM »
Currie, who worked at Tennessee when the Southeastern Conference implemented its court storming fines, wants to see it all stop. The Big 12 does not have a rule against court storming.

“I am 100 percent against court storming,” Currie said. “I am against field storming.

“That takes a little fun out of it, right? But I am risk management, and I think it is not safe and it is not a good idea. We should do everything we can to prevent it.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article11066765.html#storylink=cpy

Will he be able to photoshop all the images of past stormings out of the promotional videos and stuff by saturday?

Currie-bot has not felt an actual emotion since 1982. (This makes him a pretty good AD, btw.)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 25, 2015, 07:25:11 AM »
http://m.kusports.com/news/2015/feb/24/bill-self-addresses-court-storming-incident-tuesda/?templates=mobile

And the comments!

ksu administrators fell down on the job - hard. The atmosphere was volatile, they knew ahead of time what would happen if they won and they simply chose not to prepare for the outcome. It was irresponsible, inexcusable and, based on the half-hearted apology from their excuse of an A.D., basically an intentional result.

While some may say that it's being blown out of proportion, others have already wisely stated that everyone got lucky this time. The bum-rush from the back on Jamari could have had several outcomes and all of them, but one, would have been bad. No doubt about it - Mari is the Man. And thank you Coach Townsend for standing up for our guys.

For KU's part, we need to be more proactive when taking our team into a barn full of idiots. Face it, it's not a stereotype, it's real. This type of crap happens only on that joke of a campus (unless your name is Weatherwax). We need to take our own security if Currie can't be bothered.

KSU should be fined and Currie should serve a short-term suspension. It's his department, he knew what was happening and he handled it as poorly as it could be handled. The sooner the league does the right thing, the sooner everyone can move on.

Now, Hawks, let's win-out and make it 11.

Online HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 25, 2015, 07:39:30 AM »
http://m.kusports.com/news/2015/feb/24/bill-self-addresses-court-storming-incident-tuesda/?templates=mobile

And the comments!

ksu administrators fell down on the job - hard. The atmosphere was volatile, they knew ahead of time what would happen if they won and they simply chose not to prepare for the outcome. It was irresponsible, inexcusable and, based on the half-hearted apology from their excuse of an A.D., basically an intentional result.

While some may say that it's being blown out of proportion, others have already wisely stated that everyone got lucky this time. The bum-rush from the back on Jamari could have had several outcomes and all of them, but one, would have been bad. No doubt about it - Mari is the Man. And thank you Coach Townsend for standing up for our guys.

For KU's part, we need to be more proactive when taking our team into a barn full of idiots. Face it, it's not a stereotype, it's real. This type of crap happens only on that joke of a campus (unless your name is Weatherwax). We need to take our own security if Currie can't be bothered.

KSU should be fined and Currie should serve a short-term suspension. It's his department, he knew what was happening and he handled it as poorly as it could be handled. The sooner the league does the right thing, the sooner everyone can move on.

What does an AD suspension even mean?  "Sorry John, you can't look at that paperwork today, you're on suspension.  And get that tie off, no suiting up!"

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 25, 2015, 07:47:39 AM »
I find this all very funny from a school that does nothing to stop its students from tearing down 1000 pound goalposts into a mass of humanity while everyone laughs and has a good time.   Knowing full well such incidents have lead to serious injury and death.   Plus, if you watch their field storming videos it's highly likely they had students running out amongst players and coaches.   After they actually won a football game against WVU last year, they tore down the goalpost and nearly decapitated some women up in that cheap ass/low rent gridiron club.   Of course the average T-Shirt/basketball only ku fan doesn't pay any attention to football so it's a fruitless discussion with the one sporters. 

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 25, 2015, 08:35:07 AM »

And the comments!

What does an AD suspension even mean?  "Sorry John, you can't look at that paperwork today, you're on suspension.  And get that tie off, no suiting up!"

:lol:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 25, 2015, 09:22:15 AM »
Whoa, whoa, whoa and friggin whoa. Two major problems here.

One: Our AD (KSU alum) doesn't want to pile on poor K-State? Piling it on, pouring it on and demanding action and accountability is exactly what our AD should be doing. I don't need you to be understanding Zenger, I need you to hold people accountable, show leadership and protect our kids.

Two: So we get our second non-apology from KSU in two days. And I quote:

"In my excitement I was not careful of the people I was around. I am sorry that I made the KU basketball team — Jamari Traylor in particular—feel disrespected."

Not careful of the people you were around? Perhaps you should watch the video again. Clearly, your "apology", just like Currie's, shows that you aren't really sorry, that you are publishing it only to save your a**, and that you'd probably do it again next week, but more carefully where it wouldn't be so obvious.

Zenger....as a Jayhawk to a Wildcat....I'll tell you that this isn't good enough.

:lol:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 25, 2015, 09:24:23 AM »
man, this keeps getting better

Offline illBisonYourdele

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 25, 2015, 09:40:58 AM »

Gonna win 'em all!

particularly when assuming oscar couldnt contain his awkward fear boner in that moment

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 25, 2015, 09:42:15 AM »

Gonna win 'em all!

particularly when assuming oscar couldnt contain his awkward fear boner in that moment

i lol'd so hard.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 25, 2015, 09:57:40 AM »
man, this keeps getting better

I hope they stay super mad for at least a week. 

Offline KSU96

• No school like the old school
  • Fan
  • Old School
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 25, 2015, 10:07:25 AM »
Not that I had much to begin with, but I've lost a ton of respect for KU basketball and their fans.
What a huge gaggle of wimpy, whiny, pathetic sore losers.
Take your loss like men and move on.  No one was injured, no one was threatened, and no one was really 'assaulted'.
Holy crap, when will the wining end?

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
bears are fast...

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 25, 2015, 10:25:11 AM »
My favorite talking point has now become the "it's not a head lock since he only had his hands on him for two seconds."
Why is nobody from the media calling bs on that?

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 25, 2015, 10:25:48 AM »

Gonna win 'em all!

i lol'd so hard.
That does not sound sincere.

Gonna win 'em all!

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 25, 2015, 10:28:51 AM »
The poor kid who was choked should file a report. Could probably get his school paid for in settlement

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 25, 2015, 10:33:00 AM »

Gonna win 'em all!

i lol'd so hard.
That does not sound sincere.

Gonna win 'em all!

It was.  I wasn't paying very close attention to the TV after the final buzzer, but I happened to look up and notice Weber foaming at the mouth, forehead pulsating, as if some rabid dog had his vice jaws around his weasel.  I giggled and then started playing BCS.