Author Topic: why are ku fans scared?  (Read 4297 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
why are ku fans scared?
« on: February 23, 2015, 10:22:34 AM »
no seriously, i'm asking why because i don't get it.

I'm guessing it'll be -5.5 KU. with the way kstate has been playing KU SHOULD win easily....but I could see kstate playing out of their asses and beating KU. I'm going to say KU 75-59.

K-State looks like a team that has completely quit on their coach and we're just the kind of team to come in and have them rally for a momentum-changing win. I'd actually feel better about our chances if we were an Oklahoma State coming in for example as neither they nor their fanbase would give a crap.

The "Octagon of Doom" is worth at least 10....

This is the game where KSU players, coaches, and fans all hate each other, but they all pull together because they hate KU more.

A huge game for the Big XII standings and I think KSU gives us their best shot.

I can't wait for them to play out of their ass and way above their level because this is their last chance to somewhat salvage a terrible season. It's so predictable. Their fans will be the loudest they've been and their players the most focused because they are playing Kansas. And then they'll play ISU and roll-over for them. Which I mean I guess it's a good thing to be the flagship that everyone gets up for, but I feel like an underrated aspect of the streak is that we get everyones best shot night in and night out.

Its KSU Super Bowl. A win by them could prevent KU from the league crown. This is basically their season. Hopefully the boys show up on the road.

KSU was 1-16 from three Saturday.  So, expect about 9-16 against us, the way they get up for our game.  KU can't deliver another performance like OSU or WVU.  Getting control of the game early will be very important, instead of having to spend the whole game climbing out of an early hole.

Agreed about KSU subsequently rolling over against ISU next Saturday.  It will be surprising if that game is within 30.

I bought the hook and put a note on KSU at 7. The Super Bowl for one team rivalry games usually end up close and we aren't playing well.
I bet against KU a lot and hope to lose the bet. It helps me not totally lose my mind when we lose.

K-State is going to play their best game of the season and make another DVD afterwards. Book it.
BEEMS?!?!

When KSU has played hard and motivated like OU 9 days ago, they are capable of beating us.

If our guards aren't hitting 3's it will be a long night.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: why are ku fans scared?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 10:25:49 AM »
ku basketball fans don't really enjoy wins, they just dread losses

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 10:26:29 AM »
same reason i get nervous playing them in football every year. nothing to lose, super bowl, etc.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 10:27:11 AM »
They are mostly idiots.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 10:30:46 AM »
"Scared" is the wrong adjective.  Some of us are just being realistic.  K-State beat a good OU team twice and tends to play pretty well at home.  Plus there's the whole Super Bowl factor.  This game tonight will make K-State fans' season if they can find a way to win.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 10:32:28 AM »
"Scared" is the wrong adjective.  Some of us are just being realistic.  K-State beat a good OU team twice and tends to play pretty well at home.  Plus there's the whole Super Bowl factor.  This game tonight will make K-State fans' season if they can find a way to win.

winning tonight honestly just makes the rest of the season more frustrating. it won't make the season. this isn't 2006

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 10:34:40 AM »

Tell me more about what will make my season Beems

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 10:36:39 AM »

i think oscar has ruined the super bowl effect this time around

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 10:38:17 AM »

Oh, for eff's sake.  Do you really want to deny the fact that a majority of K-State fans will be happy if they beat KU this year in an otherwise lost season?  There's a pretty good chance K-State won't even qualify for the NIT, so this is their chance to make a DVD and have something memorable to take away from the 2015 basketball season.  But hey, I'm a KU fan, so obviously I'm wrong.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 10:39:19 AM »
I'd love to beat KU and pick up our 5th win against the RPI top 30. I give us about a 3% chance of pulling it off.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 10:39:36 AM »
this will not make my season but it will guarantee that oscar gets at least another year. it will probably make a bunch of our idiot fans seasons though.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2015, 10:40:47 AM »

Oh, for eff's sake.  Do you really want to deny the fact that a majority of K-State fans will be happy if they beat KU this year in an otherwise lost season?  There's a pretty good chance K-State won't even qualify for the NIT, so this is their chance to make a DVD and have something memorable to take away from the 2015 basketball season.  But hey, I'm a KU fan, so obviously I'm wrong.

of course we'd be happy, in general. but if i'm being honest a win over ku could realistically add time to oscar's tenure at k-state, and i want him gone as soon as possible.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2015, 10:42:06 AM »
same reason i get nervous playing them in football every year. nothing to lose, super bowl, etc.

this, except it's not an afterthought sport.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2015, 10:43:59 AM »
The entire game, including the result, is 100% guaranteed to be funny to me no matter how it turns out.  Because of that, it would have made the season for me, but it's already been made many times over.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2015, 10:46:24 AM »
We're bad this year, but it doesn't even approach the outlook compared KU football. We legitimately have a shot to beat them, KU hasn't had a shot in football for years. We've beaten multiple good teams this year in basketball, KU football beat Georgia Tech that one time, but that's probably their best win since the Orange Bowl. Its really not even comparable.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2015, 10:53:00 AM »

Yea, people will be happy to beat KU but it won't salvage the season to most people.  Maybe before TCU/Tech losses but not now.  Nobody is buying a goddamn DVD of this team either no matter the result.  Rewatching any win by this team would be like wanting to rewatch Schindler's list - sure its not bad but there is no joy to be had in it.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2015, 10:54:18 AM »
this will not make my season but it will guarantee that oscar gets at least another year. it will probably make a bunch of our idiot fans seasons though.

if you think that there's a realistic chance at oscar being fired after this season, regardless of tonight's outcome, then it's time to stop being a dumbass.

and we don't stand a chance tonight, ku will win by 20.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 10:54:49 AM »

this season is lost, so in retrospect I could really care less if we lose by 20+. If we somehow win, it doesn't take away the fact that this season has been garbage and won't amount to crap.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 10:57:12 AM »
Rewatching any win by this team would be like wanting to rewatch Schindler's list - sure its not bad but there is no joy to be had in it.

:dubious:

I've put forth minimal effort to get some of this year's classics on youtube.  I know tobias appreciated it.

EDIT: nevermind, you said "win"

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2015, 10:58:09 AM »
this season is lost, so in retrospect I could really care less if we lose by 20+.

If it's that bad near the end, there'll be some drama as it relates to whether we lose by 27+ or not.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2015, 10:58:49 AM »

if you think that there's a realistic chance at oscar being fired after this season, regardless of tonight's outcome, then it's time to stop being a dumbass.

and we don't stand a chance tonight, ku will win by 20.

i dont think theres a realistic change he gets fired, but i think a KU win tonight will shut the door on any small chance.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2015, 10:59:45 AM »
I think it is safe to say that no matter what the outcome, oscar is going to have a postgame quote that pisses us all off.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2015, 11:00:12 AM »

this season is lost, so in retrospect I could really care less if we lose by 20+.

If it's that bad near the end, there'll be some drama as it relates to whether we lose by 27+ or not.
I'll laugh if it gets that bad though. Like you said in previous post. Either way the game goes it'll be comical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2015, 11:02:53 AM »
I couldn't give any less of a crap

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2015, 11:10:02 AM »
It won't save the season for me or anything like that, but I would still enjoy a win tonight. Or Saturday for that matter.