Author Topic: Mizzou looking at Currie for AD  (Read 17912 times)

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
Re: Mizzou looking at Currie for AD
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2015, 06:50:26 PM »
 If he even sniffs at the job the statue is coming down.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2015, 06:51:45 PM »
If Currie leaves it cements Sean as our next FB coach (which is obviously something this board hates to think about)...probably for 2016 season if I were to guess and does nothing to remove oscar from MHK faster than March of 2016.

The only thing Currie leaving does is immediately create the potential to eff up football (like according to this board Sean will do), but hey guess ya'll can BBS with eachother about that.

You people are weird.

i agree with this

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2015, 06:55:02 PM »
If Currie leaves it cements Sean as our next FB coach (which is obviously something this board hates to think about)...probably for 2016 season if I were to guess and does nothing to remove oscar from MHK faster than March of 2016.

The only thing Currie leaving does is immediately create the potential to eff up football (like according to this board Sean will do), but hey guess ya'll can BBS with eachother about that.

You people are weird.

i agree with this

Why would it cement Sean as the football coach for '16? Are we going to wait for over a year to find a new AD?
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2015, 06:57:11 PM »

You people are weird.

i agree with this

Why would it cement Sean as the football coach for '16? Are we going to wait for over a year to find a new AD?
Bill will be kingpin no matter who the new AD is...any moron can see that

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2015, 07:04:33 PM »
So who is picking the new fb coach when the time comes?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2015, 07:07:08 PM »
We need someone that is good at hiring good coaches And will look the other way for Curtis Malone types.  perfect timing for a football and basketball hire.
Curtis Malone: Athletic Director

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2015, 07:07:50 PM »
How about Bill as AD?
How about no rough ridin' way. Would rather a Pelini.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2015, 07:08:16 PM »

You people are weird.

i agree with this

Bill will be kingpin no matter who the new AD is...any moron can see that

This isn't rough ridin' 1992. We have a school president, that like him or hate him, does not seem beholden to the interests of the good ol' boys club around K-State athletics. Seeing how he hired John Currie and JC has told Bill to eff off a couple of times, what leads you to believe that the next AD he hires won't have the same kind of authority? This moron is having trouble with your premise.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2015, 07:10:24 PM »
So lets play this game....Currie leaves for mizzou.

Does Bill take advantage of the power vacuum and immediately announce that this is his last year and he will be handing it off to sean/dimel next year? Maybe he just "Retires for health reasons" in July and hands it off to Sean/Dimel to give them a year to prove themselves.

I think the second scenario is doubtful because we will be "rebuilding/reloading" next year and we could struggle. The first scenario though.....Would force the new AD to play along or immediately be at odds with the most beloved member of the kstate family.
Ignores the fact that The Animal exists.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2015, 07:11:52 PM »

You people are weird.

i agree with this

At worst Sean would be interim for a short period of time. 

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2015, 07:33:34 PM »
John Currie is everything that we thought he was is basically what I'm reading.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2015, 08:00:57 PM »
Missouri is so irrelevant I honestly had no idea Mike Alden was gone.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2015, 08:01:13 PM »
What's worse- Currie selecting the next football coach or Sean being the next coach?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2015, 08:02:17 PM »

What's worse- Currie selecting the next football coach or Sean being the next coach?

Sean being the next coach and fundraising taking a step back.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2015, 08:04:51 PM »
Missouri is so irrelevant I honestly had no idea Mike Alden was gone.

Same.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2015, 08:11:58 PM »

i really don't understand why you guys want currie gone.  so he screwed up the hobby sport hire.  he's also done a lot of positive crap at ksu cats college.  in fact, he's done more than any other AD we've ever had.  things could be a shitload worse is what i'm saying.

Positives:

Large, glorious Football buildings
Booze at Batcats

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2015, 08:17:40 PM »
Mizzou hiring Currie would be a blessing for K-State.  The guy might be the most overrated AD in Big 12 history.   He ran off an incredibly popular and successful basketball coach only to hire oscar Rough Ridin' Weber.  The football program is in cruise control as long as Snyder is the coach, and all of the stadium upgrades are 100% due to Snyder's success.  Currie has been riding his coattails for years now and taking full credit for it, while simultaneously making Snyder's life miserable.   Oh, and plus, he refuses to release players from their scholarships and suspends athletes for so much as farting in public.  The Currie love is one of the more tuckish aspects of goEMAW, but hey, he's a convincing SOB.   Give him credit for that.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2015, 08:19:34 PM »
Mizzou hiring Currie would be a blessing for K-State.  The guy might be the most overrated AD in Big 12 history.   He ran off an incredibly popular and successful basketball coach only to hire oscar Rough Ridin' Weber.  The football program is in cruise control as long as Snyder is the coach, and all of the stadium upgrades are 100% due to Snyder's success.  Currie has been riding his coattails for years now and taking full credit for it, while simultaneously making Snyder's life miserable.   Oh, and plus, he refuses to release players from their scholarships and suspends athletes for so much as farting in public.  The Currie love is one of the more tuckish aspects of goEMAW, but hey, he's a convincing SOB.   Give him credit for that.

wut

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2015, 08:22:45 PM »
Saying Currie has ridden snyders coattails might be the weirdest/dumbest talking point I have ever heard. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2015, 08:23:58 PM »

Spot on with the first part but when it comes to stadium upgrades/fundraising currie has been superb. I wouldn't say he was riding snyder's coattails since snyder has had this type of success(and arguably more success) in the past without significant upgrades being done. Sure college athletics is a completely different game than in the 90's early 00's but you have to give currie credit for seizing the opportunity and building us awesome stuff.

The Big Train

« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2015, 08:30:03 PM »
i really just want oscar gone

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2015, 08:32:34 PM »
Currie has made fundraising go crazy. 

I also just want oscar gone

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2015, 08:32:42 PM »

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2015, 08:37:52 PM »
YAY FUNDRAISING!!!

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2015, 08:42:10 PM »

Spot on with the first part but when it comes to stadium upgrades/fundraising currie has been superb. I wouldn't say he was riding snyder's coattails since snyder has had this type of success(and arguably more success) in the past without significant upgrades being done. Sure college athletics is a completely different game than in the 90's early 00's but you have to give currie credit for seizing the opportunity and building us awesome stuff.

John Currie is able to raise funds marginally better than your average (competent) AD. The main reason the difference is so stark between him and our other AD's is because the other guys were composed of incompetent fools and the only man more conservative (read: resume builder, gives no fucks about future KSU success) than John Currie.