Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4068663 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #31050 on: July 23, 2021, 11:19:37 PM »
Emawmeister is back!  :Wha:

I thought about this a lot and I’m pretty sure no one in the big 12 is getting invited anywhere and we end up adding a handful of g5 schools and serve as a bit of a juiced up American Conference.  We make less money but we still have our friends. Which is all I really care about anyway.

I don’t think any school or group of schools in the leftovers makes the pie slices bigger for any other conference.  Why would the Big 10 schools agree to take on ISU if it meant less money for them?  Why would the PAC agree to feed 4 more mouths? 

EDIT: I see MIR already said this.  Great minds etc

Agreed that the most likely scenario is that the remaining Big 8 and their crew of flunkies just cobble together a shitty conference with bits of string and some duct tape. I really hope A&M leaves the SEC, though, like a jilted lover who runs into an ex at party.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #31051 on: July 23, 2021, 11:25:54 PM »
Emawmeister is back!  :Wha:

I thought about this a lot and I’m pretty sure no one in the big 12 is getting invited anywhere and we end up adding a handful of g5 schools and serve as a bit of a juiced up American Conference.  We make less money but we still have our friends. Which is all I really care about anyway.

I don’t think any school or group of schools in the leftovers makes the pie slices bigger for any other conference.  Why would the Big 10 schools agree to take on ISU if it meant less money for them?  Why would the PAC agree to feed 4 more mouths? 

EDIT: I see MIR already said this.  Great minds etc

Agreed that the most likely scenario is that the remaining Big 8 and their crew of flunkies just cobble together a shitty conference with bits of string and some duct tape. I really hope A&M leaves the SEC, though, like a jilted lover who runs into an ex at party.
The only way I can see is some serious game theory stuff where pac or acc makes a move to try and totally erase the big 12 for some economic reason.  But I think that’s pretty speculative (unless ESPN or some network is instructing them to) and the easier solution is just “nah I’d rather keep 100% of the money I’m currently making”

Agreed that A&M leaving would be really funny and I hope it happens.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31052 on: July 23, 2021, 11:29:00 PM »
Anyone else think Oklahoma is just rough ridin' with Texas? Like "Oh ya bud, you jump we jump" and when Texas jumps OU just looks down and laughs and carries on with the Big12.  :dunno:

I'm not dismissing the possibility that Texas becomes an independent and OU ends up looking stupid, standing there ass naked with their pud in their hand with no SEC to go to.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31053 on: July 23, 2021, 11:30:40 PM »
anyone who thinks Baylor is getting into the PAC is not worth recognizing. it will literally never happen

we are not in a good place but certainly better off than Baylor

Baylor, TCU, and West Virginia are absolutely the most vulnerable schools right now. None of them have anywhere to go if the Big 12 breaks up. In theory I don't think the anyone else left over does either but at least Tech, OSU, K-State, KU, and ISU can wish either the Pac 12 or Big 10 wants them. Baylor, TCU, and WVU don't harbor those dreams. The ACC already told WVU to eff off.

I think the Big 12 ultimately stays together, adds Houston, UCF, and two of Cincinnati, BYU, Memphis, USF, or Boise. If KU somehow finds their way to the Big 10, who would be their 16th? then we'll add five from that list. I also wouldn't completely dismiss Nebraska coming back. In this scenario KU likely replaces Nebraska in the Big 10, which is hilarious.

Think Arkansas and the AZ schools might slide into our DM’s?

Nope.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31054 on: July 23, 2021, 11:43:36 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31055 on: July 23, 2021, 11:43:58 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #31056 on: July 23, 2021, 11:53:29 PM »
LOL
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #31057 on: July 23, 2021, 11:58:36 PM »
We'll find out tomorrow, but I don't think it will go thru until 2025.  No rough ridin' way is Texas or Oklahoma are giving up 80 million each to jump into a conference that will need to feed to more mouths.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #31058 on: July 24, 2021, 12:03:50 AM »
We'll find out tomorrow, but I don't think it will go thru until 2025.  No rough ridin' way is Texas or Oklahoma are giving up 80 million each to jump into a conference that will need to feed to more mouths.
Show me you’re super old without posting you’re super old.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #31059 on: July 24, 2021, 12:30:46 AM »
American COVID probably makes this all moot.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31060 on: July 24, 2021, 05:23:37 AM »
 Are the KU / ISU begging to get in B10 going to mump Big 12 as a going concern?

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #31061 on: July 24, 2021, 08:00:31 AM »
We need a whole seperate thread for documenting TexAgs tears. The first paragraph is pure gold.

Does anyone on here have any love left for the SEC?
I don't. I think to me, that's the most frustrating and upsetting part about all of this. For the last decade, just saying "SEC" brought a smile to all of our faces. It meant something. We were part of something special and it was heads and shoulders above the type of "community" any other conference could pretend to have. We all fit in. We were on top as a conference and there wasn't a close 2nd.

All of that is gone now. There's no excitement to being in the SEC now for a lot of reasons. We made this conference a **** ton of money and for what, to have them go behind the scenes and court our rivals behind our backs? You have 2 other AAU schools in the entire conference and one of those happens to be the 2nd most profitable athletic dept in collegiate sports, just recently edged out by tu. And this is how you treat that brand?

**** the SEC. There's no affinity there anymore. It doesn't mean dick to me or any other Ag anymore. Who cares. This isn't woe is me, it just is what it is. The SEC had something special and sold its soul. This benefits no one in this conference. Not one school will benefit here. The cons far outweigh the increase in revenue. Much like the state of Texas and that dump of a city where tu is located, the SEC is losing their character and their way with this move. OU kind of fits the mold at least personality-wise. tu is so over the top liberal at this point, its once lovely campus is a big ol homeless stain these days and Austin has NONE of the "cool" aspects that once made it such a fun and unique town.

Superconferences, NIL, backstabbing, players ditching bowl games.....so much for the sport of college football that so many of us called our favorite sport.

Aside from everything, every Aggie should feel slighted in the way that this has gone down. We're not Iowa State, we're not Arizona State or Pitt or some other spare school that just doesn't move the needle for their respective conferences. If it absolutely had to happen to get ahead on the inevitable super conference arms race (which all of us were told was decades away), then so be it. But, for it to happen like this? F the SEC. We're clearly not family and we're better than this (and not in the whorns unjustifiably arrogant ways).

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31062 on: July 24, 2021, 08:11:33 AM »
The immediate "WE WANTED TO BE THE ONLY SEC TEAM IN TEXAS" temper tantrum will always be a classic for me.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31063 on: July 24, 2021, 09:11:25 AM »
They have a point about Austin losing its large college town appeal.  It’s now another bloated Texas city with high rises going up everywhere and jammed roads.    Keep Austin Weird is dead.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31066 on: July 24, 2021, 10:23:24 AM »
Fools

https://twitter.com/ByPatForde/status/1418720225453690880
I still can't get over the fact that their bowtie president wrote a book called "100 year decision" about their move

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31067 on: July 24, 2021, 11:16:55 AM »

No more than your wife should be concerned about you wanting to throw it in Gal Gadot.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #31068 on: July 24, 2021, 11:53:15 AM »

No more than your wife should be concerned about you wanting to throw it in Gal Gadot.

Aptly put

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31069 on: July 24, 2021, 11:57:48 AM »

Aptly put

Or kk with a + six footer in Vegas

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #31070 on: July 24, 2021, 12:35:11 PM »

Aptly put

Or kk with a + six footer in Vegas

Precisely!  Same odds.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31071 on: July 24, 2021, 12:39:28 PM »
I'm rooting for the SEC to form a super league at this point. Maybe everyone else can put together streaming services and piece together regional conferences for kids who are going pro in something other than sports.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31072 on: July 24, 2021, 01:01:26 PM »
OU and Texas games removed. Anyone want to add up total viewers for each school's games?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31073 on: July 24, 2021, 01:02:38 PM »
OU and Texas games removed. Anyone want to add up total viewers for each school's games?

well well well

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31074 on: July 24, 2021, 03:27:44 PM »
We've always had very good tv numbers and have never gotten credit for it because sports media are generally lazy and constantly seek confirmation bias.