Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4140920 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #18550 on: April 30, 2012, 09:21:18 AM »
LOL they don't get full conference revenue until 2020 for coming at us with that silliness.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #18551 on: April 30, 2012, 09:28:46 AM »
Staying at 10 is much better than adding FSU, Clemson, Miami, and Louisville. 14 is only worth it if we somehow get Notre Dame.

No. Adding those schools would be a home run.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18552 on: April 30, 2012, 09:32:57 AM »
Staying at 10 is much better than adding FSU, Clemson, Miami, and Louisville. 14 is only worth it if we somehow get Notre Dame.

I only want 2 of them. I don't want some stupid conference schedule where we have unbalanced divisions, only we make them even more unbalanced with stupid "cross-division rivals". eff that.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18553 on: April 30, 2012, 09:38:02 AM »

I only want 2 of them. I don't want some stupid conference schedule where we have unbalanced divisions, only we make them even more unbalanced with stupid "cross-division rivals". eff that.

Agreed that adding 2 would be ideal. Unfortunately it looks like our options are adding FSU,CU,theU and UL/GT/MD to get to 14 or adding UL and some other scrub(Cincy?) to get to 12.

The first option is way better even with the shitty divisional setup.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18554 on: April 30, 2012, 09:40:22 AM »

Agreed that adding 2 would be ideal. Unfortunately it looks like our options are adding FSU,CU,theU and UL/GT/MD to get to 14 or adding UL and some other scrub(Cincy?) to get to 12.

You are forgetting the third option, which is to stay at 10 teams. That sounds better to me than either of the two options you laid out.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18555 on: April 30, 2012, 09:45:55 AM »

You are forgetting the third option, which is to stay at 10 teams. That sounds better to me than either of the two options you laid out.

10 is fine for now but we are in a holding pattern while waiting to get back to at least 12 in order to get the Dr Pepper back. Adding those 4 schools mentioned above is the best option to getting it back.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18556 on: April 30, 2012, 09:51:50 AM »

10 is fine for now but we are in a holding pattern while waiting to get back to at least 12 in order to get the Dr Pepper back. Adding those 4 schools mentioned above is the best option to getting it back.

Adding 4 schools wouldn't give us enough money to justify giving up the exposure provided by having annual matchups against OU and Texas.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18557 on: April 30, 2012, 10:04:22 AM »
FSU:  "We demand xxxxxx"
Big12: "LoL ok enjoy making less money in the ACC and being little bro to Florida and Carolina's bitch."
FSU:  "ok nevermind what we just demanded please take us....please please please."
Big12:  :gocho:
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18558 on: April 30, 2012, 10:05:49 AM »

Adding 4 schools wouldn't give us enough money to justify giving up the exposure provided by having annual matchups against OU and Texas.
If we go to divisions, we will probably keep the annual matchups with OU and Texas

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18559 on: April 30, 2012, 10:06:42 AM »
Big12: "LoL ok enjoy making less money in the ACC and being little bro to Florida and Carolina's bitch."
FSU:  "ok nevermind what we just demanded please take us....please please please."

That would be nice, but I expect Neinas to go ahead and agree to their demands and ruin things for everyone. It's the Big 12. It's what they do.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18560 on: April 30, 2012, 10:09:26 AM »

If we go to divisions, we will probably keep the annual matchups with OU and Texas

I guess I wouldn't mind this happening, but I just don't see it. We might get an annual matchup with OU (Texas being OU's cross-division rival), but I really doubt we get both. I really don't like the whole "cross-division rival" idea, though. I hate the concept of having teams in your conference that you only play once every 4 years.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18561 on: April 30, 2012, 10:10:16 AM »

Adding 4 schools doesnt mean we wouldnt be in the same division as OU/TX but that doesnt matter.

Twice in the past 2 years we were reduced to praying for a BE invite. We will give up annual matchups against OU and UT if the powers that be decided thats what we need to do.

The powers that be have decided they want to get the Dr Pepper, whether it is 2 years from now or 5 years from now they want the Dr Pepper back.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18562 on: April 30, 2012, 10:11:34 AM »

That would be nice, but I expect Neinas to go ahead and agree to their demands and ruin things for everyone. It's the Big 12. It's what they do.

I actually have a lot of faith in Neinas.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18563 on: April 30, 2012, 10:11:57 AM »

Adding 4 schools doesnt mean we wouldnt be in the same division as OU/TX but that doesnt matter.

Twice in the past 2 years we were reduced to praying for a BE invite. We will give up annual matchups against OU and UT if the powers that be decided thats what we need to do.

The powers that be have decided they want to get the Dr Pepper, whether it is 2 years from now or 5 years from now they want the Dr Pepper back.

Well, let's just hope the powers that be swing and miss then.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #18564 on: April 30, 2012, 10:12:44 AM »
That said, if I'm a New Mexico State fan I'm running for the nearest toilet and if I'm an Idaho fan I already have a giant load dropped in my pants. At least Texas State will have a conference to go to when it's all said and done. NMSU is going to have to beg the Sun Belt to get in and Idaho is just completely mumped.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out where they fit.  NMSU needs the Sun Belt.  Idaho is probably going to need to drop back to FCS.  There are simply no options for them unless the MWC really feels a desperate need to get to 12.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18565 on: April 30, 2012, 10:20:42 AM »
That said, if I'm a New Mexico State fan I'm running for the nearest toilet and if I'm an Idaho fan I already have a giant load dropped in my pants. At least Texas State will have a conference to go to when it's all said and done. NMSU is going to have to beg the Sun Belt to get in and Idaho is just completely mumped.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out where they fit.  NMSU needs the Sun Belt.  Idaho is probably going to need to drop back to FCS.  There are simply no options for them unless the MWC really feels a desperate need to get to 12.

I could see the MWC potentially adding enough teams to get to 12. A championship game would be good for their network.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18566 on: April 30, 2012, 10:27:35 AM »
FSU wants in....but under their conditions...

FSU wants to be in a League on par with the SEC in both size and Competition. You can just stay in the ACC
FSU wants the B12 to go to 14 You can just stay in the ACC
FSU wants Miami You can just stay in the ACC
FSU wants GT You can just stay in the ACC
FSU wants the conference title game to be hosted at rotating sites You can just ask the ACC for that
FSU wants to keep ties to the Orange bowl in some way You can just stay in the ACC
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18567 on: April 30, 2012, 10:33:06 AM »
The only benefit I can see in going to 14 teams is that adding FSU, Clemson, Miami, and Georgia Tech would completely eff the ACC to the point that it wouldn't even be that much better than the Big East. I would have to think that would keep K-State safe. If we are talking about what is best for K-State right now, though, 10 teams is best.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18568 on: April 30, 2012, 10:59:24 AM »
Dear FSU,

I'm cool with rotating sites for Big XII Cgame as long as the sites are KC and Dallas.

Yours in Christ,

MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18569 on: April 30, 2012, 11:01:39 AM »
I honestly don't care what the sites for the Big 12 championship game are. FSU can have that concession, for all I care.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18570 on: April 30, 2012, 11:02:58 AM »
I would be fine rotating the game between Jerry's world and Jacksonville, maybe a 3/5 split favoring jerry world. I would not want the game to be hosted in that cesspool that is the orange bowl.

***disclaimer**** ben ji has a friend that lives in jacksonville and the chance to crash on their couch and be chauffered around for the Dr Pepper was one of the deciding factors.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #18571 on: April 30, 2012, 11:06:31 AM »

I could see the MWC potentially adding enough teams to get to 12. A championship game would be good for their network.

Yeah, but Idaho and New Mexico State?

I mean, Idaho, maybe, after they lost Boise.  But New Mexico State? They already have UNM.

Woof.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18572 on: April 30, 2012, 11:12:25 AM »

Yeah, but Idaho and New Mexico State?

I mean, Idaho, maybe, after they lost Boise.  But New Mexico State? They already have UNM.

Woof.

I honestly think that New Mexico State should be more attractive to the MWC than Idaho. They aren't tapping into tv markets with either team, and at least they get a natural in-state conference rivalry with NMSU. Rivalry games can be fun to watch. Idaho isn't even fun for people in Idaho to watch. :dunno:

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18573 on: April 30, 2012, 11:30:01 AM »
What is La Tech going to do?
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #18574 on: April 30, 2012, 12:20:30 PM »
I would not want the game to be hosted in that cesspool that is the orange bowl.
I don't think you have to worry about this.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]