Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4169112 times)

HerrSonntag, PandaXpanda and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #17950 on: February 06, 2012, 08:17:53 PM »
Looks like West Virgina is letting Clemson have it; right in the kisser!
West Virginia has a billboard on I-79 with score of the Orange Bowl

Via Dominion Post

What’s worse than getting destroyed by West Virginia 70-33 in the Orange Bowl? Having West Virginia put up a sign of the score 70-33 for recruiting purposes on highway I-79. It just so happens that the highways speed limit is 70 miles per hour so of course they incorporated that into the billboard. It’s important to drive safe.

The billboard can be seen entering West Virginia from the north side of the state. The Dominion Post had this to say.

“WVU spokeswoman Becky Lofstead said WVU advertises on billboards, one on I-79 and the other on I-68, to use as recruitment marketing. The Orange Bowl message is on both of those boards.

”The school spends about $14,000 a year on the billboards, Lofstead said. It is likely the new ones will be displayed for six months.

http://throwtheflagblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/WVU-billboard.png
Does anyone think WV would make Clemson their bitch in football every year, even with good old boy BV helping out at Ol' Clem.  :lol:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17951 on: February 06, 2012, 08:25:35 PM »

Via Dominion Post

What’s worse than getting destroyed by West Virginia 70-33 in the Orange Bowl? Having West Virginia put up a sign of the score 70-33 for recruiting purposes on highway I-79. It just so happens that the highways speed limit is 70 miles per hour so of course they incorporated that into the billboard. It’s important to drive safe.

The billboard can be seen entering West Virginia from the north side of the state. The Dominion Post had this to say.

“WVU spokeswoman Becky Lofstead said WVU advertises on billboards, one on I-79 and the other on I-68, to use as recruitment marketing. The Orange Bowl message is on both of those boards.

”The school spends about $14,000 a year on the billboards, Lofstead said. It is likely the new ones will be displayed for six months.

Does anyone think WV would make Clemson their bitch in football every year, even with good old boy BV helping out at Ol' Clem.  :lol:
Dabo Swinney would probably had won a NC by now, if he would have paid Vic the kind of money he's paying Brent.  But getting to go to a BCS bowl and getting your ass kicked has got to be worth something.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17952 on: February 06, 2012, 08:29:02 PM »

Via Dominion Post

Dabo Swinney would probably had won a NC by now, if he would have paid Vic the kind of money he's paying Brent.  But getting to go to a BCS bowl and getting your ass kicked has got to be worth something.
eff that, we might have won the BigXII and gone to a BCS if we could have kept Vic and got rid of Cosh.  :bang:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17953 on: February 06, 2012, 09:05:08 PM »
The following is from EERinsider's Honus "The Dude" Sneed (@theDudeofWV)

The Big 12 conference will put its expansion plans on hiatus while Clemson and FSU decide to apply for membership or stay with the ACC.

Talks between the two schools and the Big 12 began late last fall and continued after the completion of the 2011 season. Recently  both schools have formed committees to examine the advantages and disadvantages of leaving the ACC for the Big 12 and expect to reach a decision by late summer.

Chief among their concerns are travel costs and the prospect of increased revenues resulting from Big 12 membership. Clemson and FSU officials have told the Big 12 that the projected increase of ACC revenues resulting from the addition of Pittsburgh and Syracuse falls short of what Big 12 teams currently receive.

Reportedly Big 12 members receive just over $17 million per team in annual TV rights while the ACC projects TV revenues will increase to $16 per team after Pittsburgh and Syracuse join the conference.

The Big 12 provided Clemson and FSU financial projections with estimates of each member’s share of annual revenues in excess of $35 million per team – more than double ACC projections -- after the tier 1 TV contract is reworked.

The increase in revenues would allow Clemson and FSU to keep up with the spending by their SEC neighbors and in-state rivals.

Rumored invitations to Louisville and BYU are on hold until Clemson and FSU decide to apply for membership or not.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #17954 on: February 06, 2012, 09:12:00 PM »
Interesting. Where does Louisville fit into the picture if we were to get those two?

Offline bws

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17955 on: February 06, 2012, 09:15:22 PM »
The Big 12 provided Clemson and FSU financial projections with estimates of each member’s share of annual revenues in excess of $35 million per team – more than double ACC projections -- after the tier 1 TV contract is reworked.

35 mil per team seems awfully high unless they think that both schools can get massive third tier deals.

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17956 on: February 06, 2012, 09:22:07 PM »

35 mil per team seems awfully high unless they think that both schools can get massive third tier deals.

No way this is gonna happen.
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17957 on: February 06, 2012, 09:27:38 PM »
FSU getting a Big 12 network on basic cable in Florida + Texas = :ksugrad:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17958 on: February 06, 2012, 09:37:23 PM »

THIS JUST IN:

Crazy Go Nuts University

Overview:

Ranked the #1 party school in the United States for the 21st year in a row by Forbes Magazine.

Interest Level:

High

Strengths:

Greatest 6-man football program in the history of the sport. Lead by legendary Coach Skunk McPhillips.

Weaknesses:

Small, exclusive enrollment. High academic and party standards. Death of star QB Homestar Runner blamed on pre-game bong party.

WVU Perspective

WVU would like to have a school as a conference mate who parties harder than they do.

Trending:

Down.

Other Suitors:

Ivy League, Big East.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #17959 on: February 06, 2012, 09:46:45 PM »
If the conference had dissolved, Kansas would have been in a tough spot. KU does not have an elite football program, so it would have been forced to beg leagues like the ACC and Big East to shoehorn the Jayhawks into their ranks. It would have been a sad moment for a proud school.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/seth_davis/02/06/kansas.missouri/index.html#ixzz1lfFMBiSu

:lol: :lol: :lol:

we had options!
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17960 on: February 06, 2012, 09:48:03 PM »

Death of star QB Homestar Runner blamed on pre-game bong party.

I don't think Homsar can get it done as the back-up.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17961 on: February 06, 2012, 09:55:39 PM »

Death of star QB Homestar Runner blamed on pre-game bong party.

I don't think Homsar can get it done as the back-up.
Good reason for a party, but your right... since the SOB is dead.  :fatty:

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17962 on: February 06, 2012, 10:24:32 PM »

Agreed.  If this "eer" guy is even close to accurate with the $35 million number, that must include an increased Tier 2 deal with FSN, a HUGE Tier 1 deal with ESPN, plus a Big 12 Network on a model similar to the big 10's or PAC's.  And even then, $35 million seems awfully high.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #17963 on: February 06, 2012, 10:31:26 PM »
Interesting. Where does Louisville fit into the picture if we were to get those two?

They probably don't.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #17964 on: February 06, 2012, 10:35:05 PM »

Agreed.  If this "eer" guy is even close to accurate with the $35 million number, that must include an increased Tier 2 deal with FSN, a HUGE Tier 1 deal with ESPN, plus a Big 12 Network on a model similar to the big 10's or PAC's.  And even then, $35 million seems awfully high.

That is a number that Texas will hit.

Let's put it this way; with ten teams, that means our Tier 1 deal would be 24 million per school.

Nope.

Gotta have a network to make that happen.  Period.  Even then, you aren't going to hit that number.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17965 on: February 06, 2012, 10:37:09 PM »
Listen, you guys. I'm sure EERinsider's Honus "The Dude" Sneed (@theDudeofWV) knows his crap.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17966 on: February 06, 2012, 10:39:35 PM »
What on earth are you dumbasses talking about in this thread?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17967 on: February 06, 2012, 11:21:46 PM »
[spoiler] It's a Titanic reference [/spoiler]

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #17968 on: February 07, 2012, 06:15:50 AM »
Clemson and florida state are not joining our league. Good grief.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17970 on: February 07, 2012, 07:58:44 AM »
Looking forward to seeing what kind of money we're going to get to spend thanks to mu and aTm.   

Don't mess this up Chuck.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17971 on: February 07, 2012, 08:14:49 AM »

They probably don't.

They can GTFOOOF.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #17972 on: February 07, 2012, 08:35:33 AM »
Aggie having second thoughts.

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=2037914&page=2&forum_id=7

Found this gem

I thought we left the conference because we cared more about our own program than merely basing our self worth on a handful of games against Texas every year. It would have been nice to beat Texas, but the second you end up playing better bowls, getting higher seeding, and ending up further in the postseason than the Sips either because of your departure from them or from the inclusion and competition in the SEC, you win.

I see Texags has taken this to heart. Maybe we could ask them if we could stay for a year so that we could leave on our own terms, meaning after we've beaten them in stuff.

Finish 2/3 out of 10 teams in the big 12 and you go to the cotton bowl, finish 3rd out of 14 teams in the SEC and you go to the cotton bowl.

Higher seeding? He can't be talkign about basketball can he?

LOL at aggies in the postseason.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #17974 on: February 07, 2012, 08:53:58 AM »
I like the fact that Sleep Station is the title sponsor for the Aggie basketball board.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008