Author Topic: MUST wins  (Read 4726 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
MUST wins
« on: February 18, 2015, 08:52:08 PM »
What do you think are the MUST wins for the remainder of this season?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
Re: MUST wins
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 08:55:36 PM »
I think its more like "must not lose" games. Like TCU.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 08:57:50 PM »
I think we really need to take care of business at home. If we take care of business at home, we will be fine.

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 08:59:53 PM »
I think we really need to take care of business at home. If we take care of business at home, we will be fine.

Fine for what? A better seed in the CBI?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
MUST wins
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 09:03:26 PM »
I think the b12 tournament games are must wins.  then the Big Monday game coming up against Lil' Bro.  that's it.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 09:16:56 PM »

we have a good home record, if we can keep that going, it'd mean a lot to the team and community.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline BWebbs0

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 09:20:06 PM »

Doing only this gets us sub .500 in the season and conference.
oscar Weber has the personality of a dead moth.

Will Spradling is an awful human being.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 09:35:03 PM »
What do you think are the MUST wins for the remainder of this season?
3/11

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 11:03:45 PM »
There are none. None of the remainder of the schedule matters, at least winning them. I want it to end, so I don't have to watch this anymore. We've got some MUST lose games if we want to push oscar out though.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 11:07:21 PM »
We need to have better effort from the players. They aren't trying hard and aren't thinking hard.

The mental miscues that youd get on a third grader about are chronic with this team.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 11:17:59 PM »

we have a good home record, if we can keep that going, it'd mean a lot to the team and community.

:lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 11:41:17 PM »

There are none. None of the remainder of the schedule matters, at least winning them. I want it to end, so I don't have to watch this anymore. We've got some MUST lose games if we want to push oscar out though.

Agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 11:52:45 PM »
It doesn't matter any more.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2015, 12:31:41 AM »
Exactly three years ago, on Feb. 18, oscar Weber's Illinois Fightin' Rolloverin' Illini went on the road to Nebraska to play what most were calling a must-win game. Beat Nebraska, the thinking went, and the Illini could make a run at 20 wins with an outside chance at finishing 9-9 in league play.

Instead ...

The Illini appear beyond consoling after Saturday's 80-57 collapse at Nebraska against the Big Ten's worst team.

"We hit rock bottom," guard D.J. Richardson said. "We looked the worst we could look."

Instead of battling their way into NCAA tournament consideration, Illinois has made a bid nearly inconceivable and seemingly put coach oscar Weber's job in further jeopardy.

What can be salvaged in the final four regular-season games and the Big Ten tournament is probably minuscule, save a miraculous run.

"I think it's off now," Weber said. "The pressure is done."  :frown:

The Illini (16-11, 5-9 Big Ten) have lost eight out of nine games, including five in a row. But this one hit the hardest.

"Everyone's sad," said Richardson, who scored a team-high 15 points. "A lot of people cried. It hurts."

Leonard was not made available to reporters after the game.

Said Weber: "The weight of the world kind of caved in our guys. Our kids kept fighting and battling and didn't quit."

Illinois came out inspired, feisty and effective for a nine-point lead, appearing ready to exorcise its demons. Instead, it tortured its fans, including the 150 members of the Orange Krush who rode three buses here to the Devaney Center.

But a few turnovers and a few Nebraska baskets turned into a landslide.

The Cornhuskers (12-13, 4-10) strung together a 36-4 run as the Illini struggled against their zone and turned the ball over 14 times. Nebraska built a 32-point lead in the second half as it finished the game shooting a blistering 55.6 percent.

"The whole thing piled up and the wheels came off," Weber said. "For the most part all year, we've competed with everybody. Most of (the losses) have been very very close." :lol:

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2015, 12:36:09 AM »
"The whole thing piled up and the wheels came off," Weber said. "For the most part all year, we've competed with everybody. Most of (the losses) have been very very close." :lol:

Remember when we ridiculed that kind of SLTH talk? How lofty we were in those bygone days.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2015, 12:38:31 AM »
"You have to develop a culture and I think maybe the last three years all I did was worry about winning instead of developing a culture and a toughness," Weber told reporters. "That's my fault."

This is a oscar Weber quote from 2012, not tonight.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 12:43:18 AM »
I could read old oscar quotes all night. Heck, maybe I will ...

Weber said he has "coached not to lose all year" following a 67-62 defeat to Purdue Wednesday in Champaign, Ill.

Illinois (16-10 overall, 5-8 Big Ten) dropped its fourth consecutive game and seventh of its past eight.

"The sad thing about the whole thing I guess is it's my fault," Weber said Wednesday. "Instead of creating toughness and developing a team, I coached not to lose all year. It's sad to be honest, but it is what is."

On Thursday, Weber issued a statement through the school expanding on Wednesday's postgame comments.

"I spoke out of frustration following another difficult loss. I am disappointed in myself, as I said, for not developing a culture of toughness with our team up to this point in the season," Weber said in the statement. "The difference between winning and losing is toughness and having the will to win, and that is something we will continue to try to instill in our team.

"We have a young group that has now been involved in 13 games decided by five points or less, which I believe is the most of any program in the country this season. :lol: Our players, our staff, and I know our fans are frustrated because we are so close to putting it together. As I told our team last night, we have a lot to play for over these last five regular-season games as well as the Big Ten tournament.

"We still have an opportunity to make the NCAA tournament, and I'm looking forward to practice today and working with our players to help us reach that goal."

Before he put together the best 13-13 team in the country, oscar led the country in close losses!

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 12:45:05 AM »
If they'd taken care of business at home in 2012, they would have been fine.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 02:54:55 AM »
16-10 is considerably better than 13-14.   :frown:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 03:36:48 AM »

Suspension and games of poor effort, resembles Lowery at SUI more than oscar. Season would of look better with out old Weed gate also.

Last two road games have been bad.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2015, 05:47:14 AM »
Who Cares

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2015, 06:57:30 AM »

Who Cares

I've pretty much reached this point. I'm dumb enough that I'd even look forward to an NIT game, but that is very unlikely. This season is pretty much done.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2015, 07:16:16 AM »

Who Cares

I've pretty much reached this point. I'm dumb enough that I'd even look forward to an NIT game, but that is very unlikely. This season is pretty much done.

Thirty second shot clock will be tested in the NIT. That doesn't suit Bruceketball.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2015, 07:35:16 AM »
How long until booze sales are allowed at fOOD?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2015, 07:42:38 AM »

I wonder why he didn't?