Author Topic: If the end result is Brad Underwood coming home  (Read 9429 times)

Offline BWebbs0

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
If the end result is Brad Underwood coming home
« on: February 16, 2015, 11:16:24 AM »
Why in the eff can't we just fire the loser that is oscar now? Why do we have to wait several years for the program to absolutely derail when we can just go get the man now? Is it money? If it's money, I'll help sell the oscar magnets.

It's like what Ben Franklin said, "Why don't you just throw corn in the toilet and cut out the middle man?"

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
oscar Weber has the personality of a dead moth.

Will Spradling is an awful human being.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: If the end result is Brad Underwood coming home
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 11:27:25 AM »
Why in the eff can't we just fire the loser that is oscar now? Why do we have to wait several years for the program to absolutely derail when we can just go get the man now? Is it money? If it's money, I'll help sell the oscar magnets.

It's like what Ben Franklin said, "Why don't you just throw corn in the toilet and cut out the middle man?"

Jesus, it's not like we're talking about Self or Calipari. John Currie doesn't want to fire oscar, and Brad doesn't exactly have a resume that would tempt an AD to force his guy out just so he could have a chance at hiring him. Brad would be a good option when we need a new coach, but that won't be for another couple years at least.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 11:37:05 AM »
oscar simply hasn't done enough damage to be fired yet. He's got a conference title and 2 NCAAs in his first two years. No one would fire him after a mediocre season in his third year. You can take the approach of predicting future failure because you don't like him and that's fair based on his past, even though his career shows next year could just as likely be a bubble season with another NCAA.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 11:51:22 AM »
oscar simply hasn't done enough damage to be fired yet. He's got a conference title and 2 NCAAs in his first two years. No one would fire him after a mediocre season in his third year. You can take the approach of predicting future failure because you don't like him and that's fair based on his past, even though his career shows next year could just as likely be a bubble season with another NCAA.

That's assuming that Marcus stays for next year. I think losing the only productive basketball player on our roster for next year would change the way that John Currie views next season for oscar. Obviously oscar isn't getting fired after this year, but if Marcus goes, then I think oscar would have to have a pretty nice season to keep his job after next year. I don't think JC wants to see our best players continually jump ship after their sophomore years.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 11:53:06 AM »

That's assuming that Marcus stays for next year. I think losing the only productive basketball player on our roster for next year would change the way that John Currie views next season for oscar. Obviously oscar isn't getting fired after this year, but if Marcus goes, then I think oscar would have to have a pretty nice season to keep his job after next year. I don't think JC wants to see our best players continually jump ship after their sophomore years.

Yeah, I agree with that. Marcus leaving would be a huge hit for oscar and it should be, but we won't know that definitively until perhaps May.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 11:55:29 AM »
Ideal situation is to let Currie finish building out BSFS then fire him and hire frank back.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 12:00:40 PM »
The reasons to keep oscar remind me of how baseball people think. You can't fire him because its just not done.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 12:09:44 PM »
I don't think Marcus leaving by itself will push oscar closer to getting fired.  There is enough negativity around Marcus at this point that he can use as an excuse.  I think the product on the court with a Marcus-less team would get him fired.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 12:12:58 PM »
Marcus will be used as an excuse for next year if we don't have a good season, if he's here or not. If he leaves, it'll be "but Marcus left" if he stays its "Marcus had bad body language all year!"

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2015, 12:18:11 PM »
The "Marcus is transferring" rumors sound a lot like the "Bill is retiring" rumors.  :Chirp:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 12:20:57 PM »
I'm just wondering what we could learn about oscar next year that we don't already know. To me, seasons like this were considered acceptable just by hiring oscar, so no sense in firing him. Ever, really.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 12:22:40 PM »
I'm just wondering what we could learn about oscar next year that we don't already know. To me, seasons like this were considered acceptable just by hiring oscar, so no sense in firing him. Ever, really.

I think there is still a lot to learn about Brad, such as can he beat a team from Power 5 conference?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 12:24:23 PM »
As long as football is good he does not have much pressure

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2015, 12:26:23 PM »
Right, when you hire a coach who was just fired for putting shitty teams on the floor, you have just made it acceptable for that coach to put shitty teams on the floor.  We cannot really logically fire a coach for having a season just like the one we decided was good enough to hire him with.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2015, 12:28:02 PM »
He's undefeated in the Southland Conference after 1 and 2/3 years. Wasn't he the third fastest coach to get 50 wins in division 1, doing so after 56 games? I don't care what school you're at or what conference you're in, that's pretty impressive.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2015, 12:29:42 PM »
He's undefeated in the Southland Conference after 1 and 2/3 years. Wasn't he the third fastest coach to get 50 wins in division 1, doing so after 56 games? I don't care what school you're at or what conference you're in, that's pretty impressive.

he lost saturday

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2015, 12:30:42 PM »

he lost saturday

Wkipedia!  :shakesfist:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2015, 12:36:58 PM »
Mr. A: Oh man my neighbor just threw out his TV because over the last few weeks it has been over-heating and simply turning itself off! 

Mr. B: You are the type of person who is not good enough for a nice TV, so you should settle and snag that overheating one Mr A.  Afterall you can't be getting above your station, which is clearly lower than the person who threw this out.  His garbage is your treasure.

Mr. A: Great!  Let me put this in my house and plug it in!  My neighbor is a fool, the picture looks great!  Oh, there's a few dead pixels here and there, but you have to be really close to notice it!

Mr. B: That's great for you!

* two weeks later *

Mr. A: I am sad, this TV keeps turning itself off!  I have no idea why and this makes me upset!  Oh well, I guess I can live with this, I don't really need to watch TV that much, and the picture isn't terrible is it?  It might be getting a little dimmer every day, hard to tell, but I can just lower my lights.  Yeah this ole TV isn't so bad.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2015, 12:37:42 PM »

He inherited a team that went 27-5 the year before he go there and is doing it with the previous coach's players. What he's doing is impressive, but he had a lot of help.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2015, 12:49:29 PM »

He inherited a team that went 27-5 the year before he go there and is doing it with the previous coach's players. What he's doing is impressive, but he had a lot of help.

He lost 3 seniors from the 27-5 team.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2015, 12:50:02 PM »

That is a lazy assumption, and for the most part it's wrong.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2015, 12:51:43 PM »
It'd be akin to saying that Frank's players are responsible for oscar's failures this year.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2015, 12:54:09 PM »

We went through this in another thread, but his top 3 minute users are from the previous coach. But he's still getting a lot of contribution from his recruits.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2015, 12:54:57 PM »
It'd be akin to saying that Frank's players are responsible for oscar's failures this year.

1) this has actually been done!
2) Brad's second year, oscar's 3rd

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2015, 01:01:48 PM »

We went through this in another thread, but his top 3 minute users are from the previous coach. But he's still getting a lot of contribution from his recruits.

Well, there are only two players left from the previous coach, so...