Author Topic: will we win another game this season?  (Read 18867 times)

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: will we win another game this season?
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2015, 01:57:35 PM »
why do you do this to yourself steffy?
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2015, 02:19:07 PM »
Steffy is right. if we finish 6-1 we'll be 18-13. win a couple games in the big 12 tourney and we'll be like 20-14. it's right there for the taking and you guys are just a bunch of negative nancies. get off his nuts.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2015, 02:19:54 PM »
guys, steffy is a girl.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2015, 02:23:07 PM »
guys, steffy is a girl.

No, he isn't.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2015, 02:26:06 PM »
Steffy is right. if we finish 6-1 we'll be 18-13. win a couple games in the big 12 tourney and we'll be like 20-14. it's right there for the taking and you guys are just a bunch of negative nancies. get off his nuts.

It's not over until the cats are knocked out of the Big 12 tourney.  Steffy gets this.  His purple doesn't run. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2015, 02:33:36 PM »
Optimist gonna optimize.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2015, 02:36:07 PM »
Steffy, please post like this in the Royals thread this summer

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2015, 02:39:52 PM »

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2015, 02:49:06 PM »

This is a very fair question.  Last night, for the first time in a few weeks, I didn't even check the scores on the Big 12 games.  I knew if I did, I would be reminded as to how frustrating this season has been, especially the last couple weeks.

It seems like a total mess right now.  I can't help myself, though.  I really like it when K-State wins.  And, I do know that things are never as bad--or as good--as they seem.  And, I also know that young kids (such as those on our team) tend to move on and forget frustrations and missed opportunities much better than we adults do.

If we continue to flame out, feel free to remind me how much easier it would have been to give up hope on this team way-back-when.  It won't matter, though; I can't help it, and will continue to do the same in the future.  (I was still hopeful we would make the football playoffs going into the last Saturday of the season.)

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2015, 02:51:16 PM »
Steffy is not wrong.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2015, 03:01:59 PM »
guys, steffy is a girl.

No, he isn't.
can you confirm?

She just whipped it out itt and all other cat fans were found wanting. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2015, 03:05:26 PM »

This is a very fair question.  Last night, for the first time in a few weeks, I didn't even check the scores on the Big 12 games.  I knew if I did, I would be reminded as to how frustrating this season has been, especially the last couple weeks.

It seems like a total mess right now.  I can't help myself, though.  I really like it when K-State wins.  And, I do know that things are never as bad--or as good--as they seem.  And, I also know that young kids (such as those on our team) tend to move on and forget frustrations and missed opportunities much better than we adults do.

If we continue to flame out, feel free to remind me how much easier it would have been to give up hope on this team way-back-when.  It won't matter, though; I can't help it, and will continue to do the same in the future.  (I was still hopeful we would make the football playoffs going into the last Saturday of the season.)

Good post. I view the Cats in a similar way.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2015, 04:25:30 PM »
We have as much likelihood of getting into the NCAAs as any other midmajor.  Win your tourney and you're in.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2015, 05:31:09 PM »
Seems to me we'd be relying on guys named Wesley, Stephen, Thomas, and Tre to make the tourney. Recipe for failure.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2015, 05:33:31 PM »
i mean, i definitely still watch the games and am interested in cat hoops, but i can honestly say i don't watch the games with the same 'hope we win' interest as before. there is a considerable amount of apathy.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2015, 05:34:31 PM »
i mean, i definitely still watch the games and am interested in cat hoops, but i can honestly say i don't watch the games with the same 'hope we win' interest as before. there is a considerable amount of apathy.

also, this developed basically in the last two weeks. i was pretty stoked at 5-1.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2015, 05:48:15 PM »

This.

I was infinitely more 'hope we win' during the Wooly era.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2015, 06:40:38 PM »
There have been many K-State basketball seasons where that question could be asked.

Who else do we play?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2015, 12:39:23 PM »

Steffy's viewpoint seems to have nothing to do with the actual talent on the court and what that talent is or isn't capable of. I don't think you view the Cats or any other sports team in the same way at all. It's easy to give up on the season because we are not good. We all like seeing K-State win but there is no shame in acknowledging the fact that there are seven teams in this conference clearly better than we are.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2015, 12:43:16 PM »
Good point, but by similar I mean we are both pretty optimistic, sometimes to a fault.

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2015, 12:46:29 PM »
To answer the OP's question. I don't see any 'sure things' on that schedule, but I doubt we lose them all. I'll probably still watch most of them. Looking at this team's wide swings in performance, they'll probably beat KU just to keep me coming back for more and then trample on my heart with a series of 1 point last second losses. Or blowouts. Very hard to predict this team!
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2015, 05:21:05 PM »

Steffy's viewpoint seems to have nothing to do with the actual talent on the court and what that talent is or isn't capable of. I don't think you view the Cats or any other sports team in the same way at all. It's easy to give up on the season because we are not good. We all like seeing K-State win but there is no shame in acknowledging the fact that there are seven teams in this conference clearly better than we are.

I am hopeful regardless, but I think there are some objective reasons to think this team is capable of being pretty good.  Before Nino got hurt, we were playing damn well in conference.  And, Vegas took note, as evidenced by the point spread against teams such as Baylor, OSU, West Virginia, and at Iowa State.  That tells me that it is not crazy to think that this team is capable of being very good (assuming Foster and Harris come back, and assuming Nino continued to recover).

Offline BWebbs0

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2015, 06:46:19 PM »
Will we win another game this season? Hmmm...

oscar Weber has the personality of a dead moth.

Will Spradling is an awful human being.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2015, 07:10:42 PM »
We are sad.

Team   POSS   PPP   eFG%   TO%   OR%   FTR
K-State    33     1.07    54.5%   24.4%   38.5%   63.6%
WVU    33     1.41    69.0%   15.3%   33.3%   27.6%

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2015, 07:30:13 PM »
We're gonna win.