Author Topic: Edge of Tomorrow Alternate Ending Creative Writing Workshop  (Read 1090 times)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Edge of Tomorrow Alternate Ending Creative Writing Workshop
« on: February 06, 2015, 02:38:52 PM »
In this thread we will share our fan-fic alternate endings for the very fun movie Edge of Tomorrow starring Bill Paxton and Emily Blunt AND we will discuss the literary merits of each proposed ending!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Re: Edge of Tomorrow Alternate Ending Creative Writing Workshop
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 02:43:28 PM »
They should have had them win the lottery on that very day too even though they didn't play and maybe find out they were having twins together and that cancer had been cured, all of it.  Really ratchet up the good vibes on the way out.

that sounds really great, but I'm worried there might be too many good vibes for the typical human american audience...

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 02:51:33 PM »
Look we're rough ridin' ending it and were doing it on the highest of highs.  I don't care if it makes any sense or comes off as lazy or hackneyed.  The audience will love it.  Clear eyes, full hearts, stiff dicks, etc.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 02:53:32 PM »
OK my ending is that after they blow up the fuckface the alien juice TRANSFORMS tom cruise into the new alien overlord in another time dimension and he spends the rest of eternity rough ridin' up other earths!

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 02:55:42 PM »
OK my ending is that after they blow up the fuckface the alien juice TRANSFORMS tom cruise into the new alien overlord in another time dimension and he spends the rest of eternity rough ridin' up other earths!

See how easy that was. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 03:01:31 PM »
<alien juice washes over Cruise>

He opens his eyes and sits up in bed.  Cruise is now Phil Connors, an arrogant Pittsburgh TV weatherman who, during an assignment covering the annual Groundhog Day event in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, finds himself in a time loop, repeating the same day again and again. After indulging in hedonism and numerous suicide attempts, he begins to re-examine his life and priorities.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 03:02:55 PM »
<alien juice washes over Cruise>

He opens his eyes and sits up in bed.  Cruise is now Phil Connors, an arrogant Pittsburgh TV weatherman who, during an assignment covering the annual Groundhog Day event in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, finds himself in a time loop, repeating the same day again and again. After indulging in hedonism and numerous suicide attempts, he begins to re-examine his life and priorities.

full circle!

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 03:06:28 PM »
Yeah way to go mikey.  How about instead he's actually Ashton Kutcher when he wakes up and is in butterfly effect and he just has some gross nubs for limbs and then he aborts himself at some point.  Shocking!

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 03:08:15 PM »
Or you could do one where he's a child's toy and all the other toys are alive and are his buds and they have adventures, but mostly just obsess over the kid and are really needy bitches about whether or not he plays with them and it gets gross and you hope they all die. 

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 03:09:27 PM »
ok my new one is like bread's but we zoom into the twins in her womb AND THEY ARE BOTH ALIENS!!

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 03:09:50 PM »
He wakes up to find out he had actually paid someone to remove his memories of his ex-girlfirend and then he bumps into her randomly at the end not knowing that it's her, but you just know they're going to end up together because they did before. :swoon: