Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 380962 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #6075 on: December 09, 2023, 12:41:43 PM »
Guess who's back, back again.

Cat ranch is back, tell a friend.

One of 5 cats my dad rounded up from somewhere to restock the cat ranch after being catless for the past year or two.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #6076 on: December 09, 2023, 12:44:01 PM »
In case anyone was wondering how to properly acclimate some new farm cats you apparently lock them in the garage/workshop for the first day and feed them tons of milk/chicken so they know that building is their "home base" and then you let them loose.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: December 09, 2023, 02:42:34 PM »
He's so happy

« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 03:10:18 PM by ben ji »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: December 09, 2023, 03:52:15 PM »
Lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: December 09, 2023, 11:17:26 PM »
ben ji if your dad loses these city cats, you should catch a few raccoons.  They make great pets and since they know how to get along at the cat ranch, your dad won't need to worry about them disappearing.  If he forgets to feed them they will find food, only difference is they are used to the wild and have methods of finding food, unlike the dependent cats.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: December 09, 2023, 11:21:10 PM »
ben ji if your dad loses these city cats, you should catch a few raccoons.  They make great pets and since they know how to get along at the cat ranch, your dad won't need to worry about them disappearing.  If he forgets to feed them they will find food, only difference is they are used to the wild and have methods of finding food, unlike the dependent cats.

Cats are natural born killers.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: December 09, 2023, 11:22:56 PM »

Also, I forgot to mention that when you capture them take them to the vet to get their rabies shots.  Raccoons tend to get rabies due to their tendency to fight with other animals which may bite them.  The shots will make them harmless and you can have fun with them just like cats.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: December 09, 2023, 11:25:12 PM »

Cats are natural born killers.

Sorry, city cats are too rough ridin' dumb to fend for themselves, just ask ben ji what happened to the other cats his dad brought to the farm.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: December 10, 2023, 09:33:43 AM »
Still have 3 of our original 4 cats. The one that is no longer around was a huge bad person so luckily no one has missed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6084 on: December 10, 2023, 09:43:07 AM »

My dad does not like raccoons and encourages me to blast them if I see them (I've only seen 2) because they get in the garage and eat the cats kibble....he has a very weird kill/no kill list.

Raccoons - BLAST EM
Skunks - DONT YOU DARE
Coyotes - BLAST EM
Owls - DONT YOU DARE
Possums - NEUTRAL
Badgers - BLAST EM
Snakes (including rattle snakes) - DONT YOU DARE (Unless the rattlesnake is right next to the house)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6085 on: December 10, 2023, 11:47:36 AM »
Why the hell would you murder an owl? What is wrong with you? Plus, I doubt you could.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: December 10, 2023, 11:48:43 AM »
Why the hell would you murder an owl? What is wrong with you? Plus, I doubt you could.

Cat killers

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: December 10, 2023, 11:49:15 AM »
possum should be above skunk on the don't kill list. skunks get rabies a lot.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: December 10, 2023, 12:08:58 PM »

Cat killers

Hmmm. Where can I buy an owl?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: December 10, 2023, 01:27:07 PM »
my one and only time in western kansas was spent pheasant hunting in a town between quinter and park, kansas, with some locals.

the locals shot at every single living animal that we came across including a hedgehog, an owl, and multiple other species.  they were very careful, however, to only shoot male pheasants

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6090 on: December 10, 2023, 01:59:34 PM »
KS is big male genitals country!

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: December 10, 2023, 02:30:23 PM »

Cat killers

Yup, which is weird that they are on the DONT SHOOT list. We have 2-3 big ole horned owls that live in our windbreak and I'm pretty sure that they were the ones that cleaned out the last cat population.

I have never shot one but my dad is very concerned that I might somehow mistake it for a pheasant so he reminds me a couple of times a year not to shoot them.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: December 10, 2023, 03:23:45 PM »
possum should be above skunk on the don't kill list. skunks get rabies a lot.

Possums eat pests too

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: December 10, 2023, 05:04:40 PM »
we don't have hedgehogs in north america.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: December 10, 2023, 06:02:32 PM »

Well we do, but he's in prison.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: December 10, 2023, 07:33:39 PM »

Are you talking about KS folks in general, or just guys like SD and me?

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: December 10, 2023, 07:38:01 PM »

Cat killers

Yup, which is weird that they are on the DONT SHOOT list. We have 2-3 big ole horned owls that live in our windbreak and I'm pretty sure that they were the ones that cleaned out the last cat population.

I have never shot one but my dad is very concerned that I might somehow mistake it for a pheasant so he reminds me a couple of times a year not to shoot them.

If your hunting pals are worried about shooting hens, that's nothing compared to what a Wildlife and Parks Ranger will do if he catches you shooting an owl.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: December 10, 2023, 07:52:39 PM »

Are you talking about KS folks in general, or just guys like SD and me?

I think he's saying clams and his associates are big male genitals hunters.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: December 10, 2023, 08:14:49 PM »
it was actually a porcupine

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6099 on: December 21, 2023, 02:40:59 PM »
incredible work by western KS farmers

I want to give a shout out to a couple of true heroes! An incident happened on I-70 yesterday (Dec. 19, 2023) that led a NW Kansas farmer and his son to do extraordinary things to keep people safe in our county. A semi-truck driver traveling west on I-70, had a medical incident where he blacked out. His semi went into the median at highway speeds! Traveling in the median, it stayed between the traffic lanes for about a quarter of mile where it jumped over a crossover. This slowed the semi-truck down. The farmer and his son traveling in the same direction noticed the driver needing help, so they went into action. The semi-truck slowed down enough so they could jump onto the passenger’s side, but they found the door locked. The son riding on the semi-truck asked his dad to throw him a hammer. He then broke the window out, crawled into the semi-truck and stopped the semi-truck before it got to the overpass at exit 17. This action more than likely saved the life of the truck driver along with protecting all the other travelers on I-70 and Highway 27. It is amazing what people will do to help others they do not know. Thank you to Brent Ginther and his son Brady for your heroic actions. Our community is incredibly grateful!
Sheriff Burton Pianalto
Sherman County Sheriff’s Office

https://www.facebook.com/ShermanCountySheriffsOffice