Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 372896 times)

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #5976 on: October 05, 2023, 10:14:42 AM »
how does this really work? why doesn’t the cow bleed out

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #5977 on: October 05, 2023, 04:10:02 PM »
You're just punching a hole in the skin and lining of one of the stomach compartments, not slicing its jugular.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 11:17:03 AM by schreds21 »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5978 on: October 05, 2023, 06:14:58 PM »
Yea Jfc 'clams you dumbass
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #5979 on: October 05, 2023, 06:59:18 PM »
:lol:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5980 on: October 05, 2023, 07:14:45 PM »
Not sure if this should go in the shame yourself thread or in this thread but here it goes

For the last 4-5 years I have always wanted to get a cowboy hat but can't decide so I'll let gE decide

PRO'S
I'd probably look pretty cool
Non cowboys are wearing them now (PRIME TIME)
I quasi have some land that cows eat in western KS so I could sort of claim legitimacy

CONS
ALL HAT NO CATTLE
None of my farming cousins/uncle wear them and if they ever saw me in one they would SHRED me
Not really sure when I would actually wear it

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5981 on: October 05, 2023, 07:20:32 PM »
What really sparked my desire to get one was when I went to the UCF game. We parked in my old FRAT parking lot and the pledge taking our money had a cowboy hat on when he was from a large KS city and had never done any cow farming work.

Then while tailgating I met 3 UCF fans who made a stop in Wamego to get black cowboy hats to wear to the game along with their jorts.

I was enraged...I've wanted a cowboy hat for 5 years but figured I didn't deserve one and now all these people around me are wearing one....

So the question is...Should ben ji drop a couple hundred dollars on a cowboy hat that he doesn't know when he will actually wear just so he can have one?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5982 on: October 05, 2023, 07:42:34 PM »
Jesus Christ .......

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5983 on: October 05, 2023, 07:45:43 PM »
If it's this hat, I vote yes.

Tom

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5984 on: October 05, 2023, 07:53:25 PM »
Prime ranched long horn cattle before 'Ji's nuts dropped and he has the audacity to call him a fake cowboy, smdh.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5985 on: October 05, 2023, 09:21:36 PM »
Prime ranched long horn cattle before 'Ji's nuts dropped and he has the audacity to call him a fake cowboy, smdh.

Thank you.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: October 05, 2023, 09:29:47 PM »
Not sure if this should go in the shame yourself thread or in this thread but here it goes

For the last 4-5 years I have always wanted to get a cowboy hat but can't decide so I'll let gE decide

PRO'S
I'd probably look pretty cool
Non cowboys are wearing them now (PRIME TIME)
I quasi have some land that cows eat in western KS so I could sort of claim legitimacy

CONS
ALL HAT NO CATTLE
None of my farming cousins/uncle wear them and if they ever saw me in one they would SHRED me
Not really sure when I would actually wear it

there are a lot of general rules about them. if you just wear one but don't do cowboy stuff you'll be thought poorly of by the cowboy people but you aren't the only one and honestly eff those guys, but if you are in KC and do it then you are more cowboy then them so that's fine and bigtime their asses. My concern is that the examples you gave are cowboy hat wearing in a jocular way and I don't think that's what you are going for. only the hardcore cowboys wear them everyday. I know tons of them and they look cool as crap and I never think about their hats but it's 24/7/365. you want to know another fun rule? you wear them in church. they don't come off for formal events until it's REALLY rough ridin' CERTAIN to be bigtime respect paying time. Like when you get up to the body at the funeral procession. otherwise it's like a formal thing. also when you take it off an lay it somewhere it's top down. why? who the eff knows, I'm no cowboy. my dad has like thousands of cows and he doesn't wear one at all but he owns some. I think if there was a big cowboy funeral he would maybe wear it but not sure. He doesn't ride horses anymore so probably not.

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5987 on: October 05, 2023, 09:53:41 PM »
Just don't wear it backwards like musk
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: October 05, 2023, 10:28:57 PM »
in my experience you start with a nice straw hat. then move on to the expensive nonsense. I would have these kinds of hats growing up and into HS and would just creese the crap out of them and make them kind of eff off hats and it was pretty cool. Like in HS we had a lot of our football team that had those kinds of hats. Some were actual cowboy type kids and some were just Meade KS type kids.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: October 05, 2023, 10:34:17 PM »
I'd crease the living crap out of mine to past this point. it'd be curled AF.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: October 05, 2023, 10:42:01 PM »
Do you happen to have any bigger photos of that hat?
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: October 05, 2023, 11:16:48 PM »
in my experience you start with a nice straw hat. then move on to the expensive nonsense. I would have these kinds of hats growing up and into HS and would just creese the crap out of them and make them kind of eff off hats and it was pretty cool. Like in HS we had a lot of our football team that had those kinds of hats. Some were actual cowboy type kids and some were just Meade KS type kids.

This was the hat the PLEDGE wore while I harassed him about how many cattle he ran (ZERO) and now I feel bad.

I'm going to skip the straw hat nonsense and get a decent one that I will only wear around KC when I want to assert my country creedos (even tho I grew up in joco).

I appreciate the formal/funeral etiquette info even tho I would never wear the hat out in NW KS.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: October 05, 2023, 11:20:20 PM »
The cowboy hat hard hat construction people are usually kind of dicks
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: October 06, 2023, 06:04:39 AM »
About 25 years ago I was in the cowboy hat and boot era.  I started with cheap truck stop straw hats, but then got serious about getting something like Garth Brooks, Tim McGraw, and a few other county music stars.  Drove to Witchita and bought a $360 hat at a fancy Western store.  They told me that the higher percentage of beaver in the hat was what made the hat expensive.  I ended up getting one that was the same as what Allen Jackson had bought from the store when he had a concert in Wichita.  After about a year I wore it less and less, simply due to it not fitting for most of the events I went to.  It ended up on a shelf in my closet.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: October 06, 2023, 09:13:35 AM »
For your starter hat, don't get a straw one.  Get a palmleaf.  They are way easier to shape and take abuse much better.  I have one from when I was on the rodeo team and it is still wearable and looks decent.  I use it as my lake/work hat. 
@mikec2w

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: October 06, 2023, 10:08:31 AM »
I could not pull off a cowboy hat, that much I know.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: October 06, 2023, 11:57:41 AM »
Get one of those giant round lady hats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5997 on: October 06, 2023, 05:42:46 PM »
If it's this hat, I vote yes.

Tom

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

LOL  :ROFL:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline farming_cat fan

• Fan
  • Feeding the World
    • View Profile
« Reply #5998 on: October 20, 2023, 11:58:52 AM »
Nearly finished with harvest. Here's a few pics I snapped.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: October 20, 2023, 12:45:48 PM »
:thumbs: