Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 356134 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
do you really put rocks into it?  what the hell is the point of crushing rocks. good grief farmers must be bored.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What would you put through it clams? Velvet? SMDH @ this ignorant city slicker.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
what's the first non-rock item you're going to run through the crusher? lots of good options out there imo.

We used to feed our asphalt plant a beer once we got it set up for a new project.  We viewed is as a sacrifice to the asphalt gods to ensure a smooth job
@mikec2w

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Makes sense, you'd have to be drunk to willingly do asphalt work
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
hey boys when we're done pickin and a grinnin later on lets go to the silo and crush some damn rocks then we can roll over in our cars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoIEMXGT124

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i always call it "the summer of rain" when i tell stories from that summer and immediately everyone knows exactly when i am referring to

pretty amazing and a very special moment in mhk history so i commissioned my grandmother to quilt a mhk "summer of rain" memorial quilt and matching vest.  the quilt's motto is "you can wash away our ground soil but nothing can wash away our pride of mhk."    she didn't know how to quilt and never made them for me so i guess you can say what you want but i consider them both to be in the design phase.  hopefully i can get them pulled together (pun) soon.  one surprising fact about the quilt design is that the overarching color scheme does not incorporate purple.  people act like everything in mhk needs to be purple.  don't tell a mhk indian that though because their colors don't bleed.

folks, sometimes a legend comes back to play the hits. nice job billy joel. the piano man. pissclams.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
what's the first non-rock item you're going to run through the crusher? lots of good options out there imo.
Chunk of hedge
Gallon of milk
Old TV

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
This is my mellow, friendly little girl.  She was last trip's project w/3 blk siblings all doing much better now.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
This is my mellow, friendly little girl.  She was last trip's project w/3 blk siblings all doing much better now.

https://youtu.be/PZ0ur5GKC0w

Sorry Ben ji, but every time you post about your dads cats I think of this.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
I don't know what that color is called but that is the color of 100% of actual farm cats

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
also tell your dad they all for certain have worms and other parasites and the best way to get them healthy fast is to get them some stuff for that. maybe just dip their entire bodies in ivomec pour-on. that may kill them, I'm no vet. but it'll for sure kill the internal and external parasites.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
which reminds me, if your cows are dying you jab them in the ass with a needle the size of your arm and pump about a quart of nuflor in them and they'll be fine. better than fine. rough ridin' great.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
you guys know how you tell how a cow has a fever? that's right, giant disgusting rod on the end of a wire in the butt. worst job on the chute. I always tried to get hot shot (cattle prod) duty at the back to avoid it. horn chopper offer guy was also a bad one. because you get sprayed with blood all over your entire mouth and eyes and nose and face and balls. all day. just blood down the entire wall exiting the chute from the vet shed. disgusting.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
cow fact: if they're feeling kind of crappy and lay down on an incline with their feet facing uphill they'll die. they're rough ridin' idiots.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
ear tag duty is a good job. but that's usually also horn chopper offer duty (both front of the cow jobs). if you get a load of cows in and they don't have horns it's like a tropical vacation in paradise if you're ear tag guy.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
vaccination guy has to record the notes on each cow. that job sucks ass because you have to pay a tiny bit of attention to what you're doing and can't just zone out and be hungover in peace. also if it's cold AF you have to take your gloves off. luckily vaccination juice is expensive AF so I wasn't trusted with it. GOOD, eff you dad.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
hot shot pro tip: if you see a fly on the side of a metal chute or fence you can slowly put one tip of the fork on the metal, press the trigger, and move the other fork slowly towards the fly until you explode its ass with an arc of blue electric fire from hell. it also makes a loud pop.

Offline halfEmpty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Putting on rubber glove all the way to your shoulder, then sticking said arm all the way into cows anus is the worst job.  Or being a small farm and having all the jobs at the same time.  Castration comes last as they have usually passed all their crap out after everything else that was done to them.  Usually...

Wenching a calf out of its mother sucks pretty bad too.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I thought having to constantly do construction stuff as a kid was bad  :sdeek:

T's&p's cow farm kids
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Putting on rubber glove all the way to your shoulder, then sticking said arm all the way into cows anus is the worst job.  Or being a small farm and having all the jobs at the same time.  Castration comes last as they have usually passed all their crap out after everything else that was done to them.  Usually...

Wenching a calf out of its mother sucks pretty bad too.

what if I told you I've used fence stretchers to pull one and, in one of the most traumatic events of my little kid life, we hooked a truck to front feet and pulled the legs straight off of the little stuck cow.

:sdeek: :frown:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Wtf

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Wtf

cow farm life isn't all fun and games unfortunately. actually it's none fun and games.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
LoL. Poor little SD. Traumatized.

Speaking of little SD. Does he get to visit the farm and learn farm crap?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
LoL. Poor little SD. Traumatized.

Speaking of little SD. Does he get to visit the farm and learn farm crap?

oh hell yes. he just spent five days there by himself. he came back with a giant gallon zip lock bag of about 200 keys and locked padlocks that the keys had been lost for. he said, "grandpa said I could have them". I was like, but why would you want them? to a 5 year old 200 old ass keys is a pretty cool thing apparently. he mostly rides four wheelers and UTVs and rides around in the front seat of the truck with no car seat on dirt roads and other dangerous AF stuff. so it's essentially hillbilly disney world for him.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
I feel like the delegging incident should be reported but that statute of limitations is surely passed by now
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f