Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 355984 times)

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #700 on: November 17, 2016, 09:08:36 AM »
How much does this thing like Colt Seaver's truck?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #701 on: November 17, 2016, 09:47:28 AM »
minus the kc lights and stripe my neighbors looks just like that.. mine looks like one a farmer parked to let it settle in the field to look like a hot piece of rusty ass in the field

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: November 17, 2016, 09:49:44 AM »
What are you hauling that you needed a leaky pos truck? (no offense)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: November 17, 2016, 09:54:56 AM »
wood mainly, I have a stove I run during the winter, also take the dogs to the lake and they can hop in all nasty and I don't care.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: November 17, 2016, 10:01:58 AM »
wow yoga I always perceived you as too delicate for stuff like that

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: November 17, 2016, 10:03:27 AM »
Me too, sad to say.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: November 17, 2016, 10:04:27 AM »
It's important to remember that yla isn't JUST a pretty face

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: November 17, 2016, 10:13:17 AM »
It's basically just a front I put on so I can also go get massages and my feet did and stuff

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: November 17, 2016, 10:16:12 AM »
Like you think they average out or something?  Chop wood + mani/pedi = average Joe?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 17, 2016, 10:17:04 AM »
Nailed.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: November 17, 2016, 10:20:18 AM »
This is the male equivalent of "lady on the street but a freak in the bed."  LUDA!

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: November 18, 2016, 04:02:55 PM »
How accurate is the the following info?

https://www.nass.usda.gov/Statistics_by_State/Kansas/Publications/County_Estimates/KS%20csv%20links/KS_cashrents16.pdf

What is the downside of converting around 300 acres of pastureland to non irrigated cropland?

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: November 18, 2016, 04:20:29 PM »

https://www.nass.usda.gov/Statistics_by_State/Kansas/Publications/County_Estimates/KS%20csv%20links/KS_cashrents16.pdf

What is the downside of converting around 300 acres of pastureland to non irrigated cropland?

It depends on how good the dirt is.  If you will only be able to raise wheat on it....probably not worth it right now.  If it is good enough to support corn or beans, you might be on to something.
@mikec2w

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: November 18, 2016, 04:21:59 PM »

I have no idea how accurate it is. 

Really no downside, maybe erosion risks.  Might have to rip out fences or make the ground otherwise suitable for farming, earth work and such. 

Is someone paying rent to put cattle on it?  And you now want someone to pay rent to farm it? 

Property tax miiiight be different dependent on use, not sure.  Is there a livable dwelling on the property? 

Crop circles could be a risk. 

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: November 18, 2016, 04:24:56 PM »
my god, Meade is a hot piece of irrigated cropland ass

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: November 18, 2016, 04:28:08 PM »
also, if it's not currently cropped there's a pretty good reason why in most cases. there is a lot of the state that you can't crop no matter what. go to the MHK flint hills museum and watch the sweet special effect loaded video about why.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: November 18, 2016, 04:49:17 PM »

I have no idea how accurate it is. 

Really no downside, maybe erosion risks.  Might have to rip out fences or make the ground otherwise suitable for farming, earth work and such. 

Is someone paying rent to put cattle on it?  And you now want someone to pay rent to farm it? 

Property tax miiiight be different dependent on use, not sure.  Is there a livable dwelling on the property? 

Crop circles could be a risk.

It depends on how good the dirt is.  If you will only be able to raise wheat on it....probably not worth it right now.  If it is good enough to support corn or beans, you might be on to something.

Its my grandparents old farm that my dad inherited, its the only pastureland in all the sections around it so I'm assuming the dirt is fine. My uncle currently runs cattle on it and has the lease for another 4 years. After that lease is up my dad's plan is to turn about 300 of the 400 acres into dry cropland (a "Creek" runs through the back portion of the pasture so about 100 acres would either stay pasture or be CRP) for wheat.

My dad also injects himself with snake venom so thats why I'm getting opinions from my buds on the internet who may know something about farming.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: November 18, 2016, 04:56:16 PM »
Just because it grows good grass doesn't mean it will grow anything other than wheat.  If it is bottom ground, you have a pretty good shot that it is decent dirt and would be suitable for row crops.
@mikec2w

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 18, 2016, 04:58:15 PM »
Just because it grows good grass doesn't mean it will grow anything other than wheat.  If it is bottom ground, you have a pretty good shot that it is decent dirt and would be suitable for row crops.

Its northwest kansas so I think the only thing that grows there is wheat.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: November 18, 2016, 05:01:34 PM »

Its northwest kansas so I think the only thing that grows there is wheat.

That is tough.  Unless wheat prices come up, it is tough to make the numbers work.  We only planted about 1/4 of what we normally would to wheat this year and left the rest of the ground open.  By the time you take into account the current price of wheat and what the inputs are to grow the crop, it is about at a break even point......as of right now.
@mikec2w

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: November 18, 2016, 05:03:43 PM »
Another option would be to get the grass certified as "weed free" by the department of ag and sell the hay to contractors for highway projects.  I'm not 100% sure, but you might be able to sell that at a premium in western KS.
@mikec2w

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 18, 2016, 05:09:17 PM »
I think even within the same county the rent price could vary by 50% depending on the piece. 

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 18, 2016, 06:25:52 PM »
I think even within the same county the rent price could vary by 50% depending on the piece.

For sure, even more than that.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 19, 2016, 05:04:46 AM »
hmmm and it looks like itsclose to where the cab and bed meet not under the hood like I initially thought  :sdeek:

Tranny leak.  Could be output shaft seal or pan leak, both easy fixes for any handy EMAW.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 21, 2016, 02:16:33 PM »
DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT Google image search "tranny leak."