Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 355957 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Yes.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile

i'm a sucker for this color of cow (the white ones w. black points).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
do cows like to be pet?  are they at all affectionate?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Oh crap...

still a galloway, just lost it's belt

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile

i'm a sucker for this color of cow (the white ones w. black points).
It's so confusing.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile

:love:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

yeah, kind of. more like scratched. not affectionate. pretty playful though. will bounce around all over and junk when they're happy.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
sys is a hero...

I didn't even know these things existed.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Are boy cows hamburgers and steaks too?  Or just girls?
I've got this one-

boy cows are called bulls and they produce both beef and steaks and other miscellaneous meat (hamburger)
girls cows are called dairy cows and make the delicious milk that compliments our pizza so well

Well technically a "cow" is only female, right?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

yeah, kind of. more like scratched. not affectionate. pretty playful though. will bounce around all over and junk when they're happy.
that sounds like a lot of fun.  I'd be a lousy cow farmer.  think i'd become attached.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
Hi guys, me again.

My seed dealer always gives me a bag of sweet corn to plant. the last two years, he's given me rr sweet corn. It's so handy to plant in a corn field and then when you spray the field corn, you're not killing the sweet corn patch. I have no problem eating it but was wondering if anyone here would be against genetically altered sweet corn?  Would you eat roundup ready sweet corn?
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
i'm a big corn guy and would definitely eat round up ready sweet corn.  #teamcorn

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
People have been eating genetically altered sweet corn for years. I'd estimate over 20 years.

Gonna win 'em all! (using Tapatalk)

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Did you ever scream "Hey boss!" at the cows SD? My dad was a cattle buyer and did this all the time growing up. He said they understood it. Was he lying to me?
That is how we called our cows in.  Just Yell BOSSS BOSSSS they would come running.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Did you ever scream "Hey boss!" at the cows SD? My dad was a cattle buyer and did this all the time growing up. He said they understood it. Was he lying to me?
That is how we called our cows in.  Just Yell BOSSS BOSSSS they would come running.
:love:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
If 33 or someone else is considering buying some goats and you were flexible about the type I would be willing to commit to renting them for two or three weeks a year for a few hundred bucks and that would basically pay the feed for the entire year.  I will take excellent care of them.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile

that sounds like a lot of fun.  I'd be a lousy cow farmer.  think i'd become attached.

grandpa 'blast was a farmer and one time there was a calf that got separated from its mother for some reason (don't remember details). so the calf was in the barn all by itself and lil tyke 'blast got to bottle feed it for a week and became best buds with it. the calf liked lil tyke 'blast and liked to be pet and stuff. then one day, the calf was reunited with its mother cow (or maybe it was an adoptive mom cow) and became attached to the new mom cow, so once morning when lil tyke 'blast went down to hang out with his best bud calf friend the calf was no longer interested in hanging out with lil 'blast because it had formed a bond with its new mom. and lil 'blast's heart was broken.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

grandpa 'blast was a farmer and one time there was a calf that got separated from its mother for some reason (don't remember details). so the calf was in the barn all by itself and lil tyke 'blast got to bottle feed it for a week and became best buds with it. the calf liked lil tyke 'blast and liked to be pet and stuff. then one day, the calf was reunited with its mother cow (or maybe it was an adoptive mom cow) and became attached to the new mom cow, so once morning when lil tyke 'blast went down to hang out with his best bud calf friend the calf was no longer interested in hanging out with lil 'blast because it had formed a bond with its new mom. and lil 'blast's heart was broken.
I hope you ate both new mom and baby cow

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
When waksdad was growing up on his family farm he would play his trombone to call the cows in.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
post script- i am not sure what steers are, possibly a bull whose beef is deemed sub prime and therefore we just leave them alone, similar to those horse that can't be ride and just graze all day
A steer is a bull missing the parts needed to be a bull.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
pro-tip: no real life cow farmer "calls the cows" using anything. if you are feeding them they just come on their own and if you are "rounding them up" (< pro cow farmer lingo) you just drive at them with pickups and four wheelers and horses and dogs and crap until they go to where you want them to go.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
also nobody ropes cows anymore. except the tiny little baby ones when you are putting a tag in their ear when they are little. but then you just run near them and put the rope over their head if you can't tackle them. and then their mom comes and murders you to death unless you jump back in the pickup. and then you have to figure out how to put the ear tag in their ear without her killing your face. or she just runs off from the beginning if she sucks at being a cow mom.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
that's also why people are lying to you if they tell you coyotes kill baby cows. they will eat dead ones but the cow moms will smash a coyote into tiny pieces if it tried to get near a living baby cow. unless the cow mom sucked in which case the baby was probably going to die anyway so who cares. but cowboys need an excuse to shoot coyotes because it makes them feel good.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Our vet always drive a white pickup. When they saw the white pickup drive into the pasture towards the corral, they would run away. When they saw our pickup drive into the pasture to stick salt or minerals, they'd come running!
Our dairy cows came to the call of 'caboss' which is short for 'come old bossy/bessy'. Your parents were not yelling 'boss'. You idiots that think that they were only saying boss need to go  ask your parents what they were really saying.
Millennials....smdh.

Gonna win 'em all! (using Tapatalk)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
cow poop: not very smelly