Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 356167 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #300 on: February 08, 2015, 03:27:03 PM »
Any other farm scams that you know of?  I like a good farm scam

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #301 on: February 08, 2015, 03:29:11 PM »
Do you waste coyotes on sight?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 08, 2015, 04:19:20 PM »

Any other farm scams that you know of?  I like a good farm scam

Not really

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 08, 2015, 04:20:18 PM »

Do you waste coyotes on sight?

Most farmers do I think. Sddad does usually. I don't think they actually do any harm to anything no so I would just look at them.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 08, 2015, 05:11:50 PM »
My farmer buddies would go into a blind rage at the mere sight of a coyote

The Big Train

« Reply #305 on: February 08, 2015, 05:31:23 PM »
do you ever see any deer on the farm and do you shoot them?

The Big Train

« Reply #306 on: February 08, 2015, 05:33:47 PM »
have any cow mutilations happened on your farm?  like the ones they talk about on 'unexplained files' and the news and stuff?

The Big Train

« Reply #307 on: February 08, 2015, 05:35:25 PM »
do you also have some fields of corn and have you ever had crop circles?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 08, 2015, 05:59:36 PM »
My parents moved out of Manhattan not to farm, but just so they wouldn't have to live too close to other people. Their neighbors have a bunch of sheep. The sheep belong to the woman who lives there and is some hippie horticulture professor or something. Her husband shoots coyotes, which definitely kill the sheep. He is an academic reseacher of some plant related stuff, too. And he's Iraqui. So, my dad's take on the whole sheep situation is, "Yeah, see, in the part of the world where he's from they've been doing this stuff a LONG, LONG time."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 08, 2015, 06:18:31 PM »
My parents moved out of Manhattan not to farm, but just so they wouldn't have to live too close to other people. Their neighbors have a bunch of sheep. The sheep belong to the woman who lives there and is some hippie horticulture professor or something. Her husband shoots coyotes, which definitely kill the sheep. He is an academic reseacher of some plant related stuff, too. And he's Iraqui. So, my dad's take on the whole sheep situation is, "Yeah, see, in the part of the world where he's from they've been doing this stuff a LONG, LONG time."

Well Chum, you have to admit that's a pretty good real world take.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 08, 2015, 07:30:53 PM »
have any cow mutilations happened on your farm?  like the ones they talk about on 'unexplained files' and the news and stuff?

Had one at my grandparents farm!  :runaway: Well at least that's what they told me. Had pictures and everything, young calf, dead, no blood in it, no exterior wounds.

Or something like that.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 08, 2015, 07:33:38 PM »
Did you have a rural route (RR) number?  How many rotted out cars/trucks/tractors/etc were located throughout the property?  How many cats did you own?  Did you have a Schwann delivery truck, if so, what was your favorite item?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 08, 2015, 07:48:43 PM »
do you ever see any deer on the farm and do you shoot them?

Yes, tons.

No

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 08, 2015, 07:48:54 PM »

No

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 08, 2015, 07:49:12 PM »

do you also have some fields of corn and have you ever had crop circles?

Yes.

No.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 08, 2015, 07:53:07 PM »

Did you have a rural route (RR) number?  How many rotted out cars/trucks/tractors/etc were located throughout the property?  How many cats did you own?  Did you have a Schwann delivery truck, if so, what was your favorite item?

Yes.

Probably over 100. A lot of them just came with land we acquired. Sometimes my dad will have this guy come haul them off in exchange for the guy getting to sell them for scrap or keep them or whatever.

The cats just kind of show up from time to time. They are allowed to stay but never come inside. Also they have to eat whatever the co-op brand dogfood is. When I was growing up the cat population would vary from like 2 to 20. Owls and Hawks eat a lot of the cats.

Yes. Raspberry pushup.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
tell us a calving story, plz.

one time a cow couldn't push out the baby and just its front or back feet were sticking out and my dad hooked a chain to the feet and hooked it up to his truck and pulled on it trying to be kind of gentle but it ripped the legs off the baby cow and he then had to shoot the mother cow.

How the hell did I miss this story? It may be the worst thing I've ever heard.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
it's probably the worst thing I've seen IRL

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
it's probably the worst thing I've seen IRL
what did SD Dad do with the mother cow?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
^^^

if I had to guess, strap a log chain around her back leg and drag her out to some wooded area or a ditch or something with the tractor.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
as just leave it to become coyote chow?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
i assume it's like rats and you just drown their asses

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Was it an Angus?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
coyotes/vultures/you name it.  circle of life stuff.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
imagine if you were that coyote and you came up on this big ass heifer (pro term) just chilling there. id go tell all my buds i killed it and drug it into a ditch myself and become king of the coyotes.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.