Author Topic: Weed  (Read 61349 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: Weed
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2015, 11:01:54 PM »
Weed is the new tonic of the upper middle class, at least from what i have witnessed firsthand

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2015, 11:02:50 PM »
good way to truly separate from the booze-ridden middle class trash

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2015, 04:46:53 AM »
K-S-U is so weird. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2015, 08:44:20 AM »
K-S-U is so weird.

Is Bread a 'bias sock?  :surprised:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2015, 10:10:10 AM »
"heavy into weed" lol

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2015, 10:11:15 AM »
KSU thought reefer madness was a documentary

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2015, 02:27:54 PM »
"heavy into weed" lol
Once it's legalized, they will be called connoisseurs while smoking with the girls at book club.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2015, 05:16:30 PM »
I knew a number of people in high school - smart people and good athletes - who got heavy into weed. Things did not work out well for them. You can argue 'til you're blue in the face that regular pot use doesn't harm people, make them lazier or dumber, but I've seen it first hand. Some of them we're friends of mine and it still makes me angry to see that wasted potential. But believe what you want. We don't need any more legal opiates for the masses. There are too many already.

A number of people that went to your high school is certainly a sufficient sample size.

CASE CLOSED!!!

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2015, 10:04:34 PM »
I knew a number of people in high school - smart people and good athletes - who got heavy into weed. Things did not work out well for them. You can argue 'til you're blue in the face that regular pot use doesn't harm people, make them lazier or dumber, but I've seen it first hand. Some of them we're friends of mine and it still makes me angry to see that wasted potential. But believe what you want. We don't need any more legal opiates for the masses. There are too many already.

A number of people that went to your high school is certainly a sufficient sample size.

CASE CLOSED!!!

Ok. I'll just stick with my personnel observations and common sense. I don't expect to convince any of you otherwise.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2015, 07:20:49 PM »
http://mic.com/articles/109764/marijuana-is-making-colorado-so-much-money-the-state-has-to-give-some-back 

maybe some of that money could help ksuw with his financial struggles
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2015, 11:24:16 AM »
We had lazy seasonal lifties that got high all the time before it was legal.  We have lazy seasonal lifties that get high all the time currently.  I didn't hire them then and I have no trouble finding competent people to hire now.  As a bonus, I get more money to local schools and maybe a tax refund.  Will take.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2015, 11:35:44 AM »
Do ppl walk down the street smoking it now, chicat? Just curious how this works.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2015, 11:38:36 AM »
Do ppl walk down the street smoking it now, chicat? Just curious how this works.

Was in Denver this past July.  We encountered it a bunch on the street around the 16th st mall.  It wasn't fully out in the open, but we often saw ppl holding it with a cupped hand hiding it and smoking as they walk.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2015, 11:40:28 AM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2015, 11:42:12 AM »

Was in Denver this past July.  We encountered it a bunch on the street around the 16th st mall.  It wasn't fully out in the open, but we often saw ppl holding it with a cupped hand hiding it and smoking as they walk.
Interesting.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2015, 11:42:29 AM »

I would see how people would take the edibles in public, but it seems like smoking bans would make smoking it in public just as stupid as walking around with a bottle of booze.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2015, 11:44:22 AM »

I would see how people would take the edibles in public, but it seems like smoking bans would make smoking it in public just as stupid as walking around with a bottle of booze.

:dunno:  I didn't notice anyone being outraged, and there are/were plenty of police all around that mall not enforcing the crap out of it. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2015, 11:48:13 AM »

:dunno:  I didn't notice anyone being outraged, and there are/were plenty of police all around that mall not enforcing the crap out of it.

Seems weird.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2015, 11:50:03 AM »
Tourism.  Maybe they are worried about squashing something they just got?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2015, 11:51:19 AM »

I have yet to see people just flat out smoking it in public, which is still illegal.  I've definitely been walking down the street and caught a strong smell on occasion.  I've been to bars before/after legalization where people will just step outside to smoke and nobody cared.  As CNS said, I would imagine if a cop saw you smoking it in public he would at most make you put it out and be done with it.  It would probably take a complaint from someone for them to even do that.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2015, 11:54:01 AM »
I have a buddy who's having a huge bachelor party next month in Colorado and his sole premise of choosing to go there is so he can get super baked with his buds up on the slopes. I've partaken before, but i'm not good on it. I passed on this trip. I'm sure it will be fun for them tho.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2015, 11:56:23 AM »

I have yet to see people just flat out smoking it in public, which is still illegal.  I've definitely been walking down the street and caught a strong smell on occasion.  I've been to bars before/after legalization where people will just step outside to smoke and nobody cared.  As CNS said, I would imagine if a cop saw you smoking it in public he would at most make you put it out and be done with it.  It would probably take a complaint from someone for them to even do that.

I generally don't see any more people smoking weed in public than I did when it was illegal. Like, ChiCat said, it's still illegal to openly consume. There are a lot of things that haven't been fleshed out with respect to the idea of what constitutes "openly" since the regs basically just took it from the liquor laws. One thing that kinda hampers the whole thing is that tourists come into town, buy their bounty, and then have no place to really consume it due to the Colorado Clean Air Act's restrictions on businesses and general snobbery of hotels in denying their patrons the ability to smoke in designated areas. Basically it's not that big of a deal, but you generally can't just walk down a main street smoking a doob without getting some looks. Vaporizors have changed the game with respect to that though.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2015, 11:57:04 AM »
I have a buddy who's having a huge bachelor party next month in Colorado and his sole premise of choosing to go there is so he can get super baked with his buds up on the slopes. I've partaken before, but i'm not good on it. I passed on this trip. I'm sure it will be fun for them tho.

Please tell them to kindly stay the eff out of my way.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2015, 11:58:31 AM »

I generally don't see any more people smoking weed in public than I did when it was illegal. Like, ChiCat said, it's still illegal to openly consume. There are a lot of things that haven't been fleshed out with respect to the idea of what constitutes "openly" since the regs basically just took it from the liquor laws. One thing that kinda hampers the whole thing is that tourists come into town, buy their bounty, and then have no place to really consume it due to the Colorado Clean Air Act's restrictions on businesses and general snobbery of hotels in denying their patrons the ability to smoke in designated areas. Basically it's not that big of a deal, but you generally can't just walk down a main street smoking a doob without getting some looks. Vaporizors have changed the game with respect to that though.

I would recommend vaporizers or edibles for your buds Wacky unless they are going to crash at a friends house.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2015, 11:59:03 AM »
Getting baked on the slopes just sounds like a really bad idea.