Author Topic: Sensible Muslims Doing Sensible Muslim Things in the Name of Islam  (Read 99865 times)

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sensible Muslims Doing Sensible Muslim Things in the Name of Islam
« Reply #300 on: February 07, 2015, 09:45:08 AM »
Jordan Muslims bombing devil ISIS.  Trying to prove the religion is not wacko.  It is interesting the King of Jordan used the term Muslim and not Islam.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 07, 2015, 11:38:00 AM »
Can't discuss moral equivalency, fellas.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #303 on: February 07, 2015, 01:41:10 PM »
Drop in and take an indefensible position (typically regurgitated drivel), smugly declare it's correct, scour Google to find rando self serving article, pout when you get ridiculed for being a moron, latch onto a a phrase and make butthurt cynical comments, rinse and repeat. The cycle of Michigancat pit posting.

:zzz:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 07, 2015, 01:44:04 PM »
I'm kind of hungover and looking for some low hanging pit fruit to snack on. Would one of the geographers please expand on their comments. Really move past the vaguery of "Cuz geography".

Thx

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 07, 2015, 01:54:41 PM »
What did you drink fsd? Celebration or just regular ol' binging?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 07, 2015, 01:59:07 PM »
What did you drink fsd? Celebration or just regular ol' binging?

I mean, regular ol' binging is always a celebraish. However, I think our host bought some cheap wine. Mild buzz, major headache

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 07, 2015, 02:26:30 PM »
saying "it's geography" is admittedly overly simplistic. It's just georgraphy triggered the events that shaped the region.

Basically, a lack of known resources (geography) led the European powers to not take any interest in the Middle East until WWI (aside from the crusades), when it was the last place to conquer and they wanted to split up their WWI spoils . I'd suggest reading this to see how this happened and what happened next:

http://www.amazon.com/Peace-End-All-Ottoman-Creation/dp/0805068848/ref=cm_lmf_tit_17

And after this read a book about the conflict the creation of Israel created along with oil money getting in the hands of the families the Europeans put in power. Geography is what triggered an incredibly complex and entangled web of factors (including religion) that led to a largely uneducated group of people easily influenced by people with a lot of money. There's a reason the vast, vast majority of Muslims in Europe, Asia, and the Americas are peaceful and most terrorists come from small specific regions.

In short, Islam is definitely a factor, but definitely not THE factor. The history of the region is far too complex to be a single issue. Geography in my opinion is the factor that was there first and started it all.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 07, 2015, 09:54:59 PM »
saying "it's geography" is admittedly overly simplistic. It's just georgraphy triggered the events that shaped the region.

Basically, a lack of known resources (geography) led the European powers to not take any interest in the Middle East until WWI (aside from the crusades), when it was the last place to conquer and they wanted to split up their WWI spoils . I'd suggest reading this to see how this happened and what happened next:

http://www.amazon.com/Peace-End-All-Ottoman-Creation/dp/0805068848/ref=cm_lmf_tit_17

And after this read a book about the conflict the creation of Israel created along with oil money getting in the hands of the families the Europeans put in power. Geography is what triggered an incredibly complex and entangled web of factors (including religion) that led to a largely uneducated group of people easily influenced by people with a lot of money. There's a reason the vast, vast majority of Muslims in Europe, Asia, and the Americas are peaceful and most terrorists come from small specific regions.

In short, Islam is definitely a factor, but definitely not THE factor. The history of the region is far too complex to be a single issue. Geography in my opinion is the factor that was there first and started it all.

I mean, if by "geography" you're referring to everywhere on earth with a high concentration of Muslims, then I guess you're right... Has nothing to with Islam being founded by a conquering warlord as opposed to a pacifist hippie.  :whistle1:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 07, 2015, 09:57:17 PM »

I mean, if by "geography" you're referring to everywhere on earth with a high concentration of Muslims, then I guess you're right... Has nothing to with Islam being founded by a conquering warlord as opposed to a pacifist hippie.  :whistle1:
Indonesia doesn't have near the terrorism problem Yemen has, for example.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 07, 2015, 10:30:21 PM »
I would say that if that part of the world was primarily christian, the Protestants, catholics and orthodox would be sectarian violencing one another the way the sunni/shia go at it today

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 07, 2015, 10:39:01 PM »
I would say that if that part of the world was primarily christian, the Protestants, catholics and orthodox would be sectarian violencing one another the way the sunni/shia go at it today
Northern Ireland

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 07, 2015, 10:40:19 PM »
I mean, as in the shear level of violence.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 07, 2015, 10:43:04 PM »
Well, yeah

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 07, 2015, 10:43:17 PM »
I think the violence can be attributed to poverty which I think has been mentioned. 

When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 07, 2015, 11:56:37 PM »
I'd say it's due to poor education. It's easy to convince illiterate people to kill for god.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 08, 2015, 12:00:49 AM »

They would all hate the Jews, too. And by extension, America.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 08, 2015, 12:01:58 AM »
of course

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 08, 2015, 06:52:29 AM »
So so far we've got...
1. GEOGRAPHY!
2. Lack of trade and resources (or too much?)
3. Poverty
4. Lack of education
5. Oppression
6. "Western" Meddling
7. Corruption
999. Islam (or more correctly a bastardizatiom of a beautiful peaceful religion - founded by a conquering warlord).

Well I'm convinced.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 08, 2015, 09:26:48 AM »
I appreciate michigancat's effort, but he ultimately concludes that it's the religious factions taking advantage of destitute people, which is to agree with everyone he is disagreeing with.  Saying that geography is to blame for the religious based terrorism is as tangential and lazy as blaming it on geology or gravity.  If anything, the religion (muslim, not just the extremist factions) is to blame for the socioeconomic demographics of that region. Obviously all of the flaws of the religion, past and present, were omitted from the analysis

I don't understand the lefts need to go  through these mental gymnastics to deflect blame and accountability. That goes for a lot if issues, not just terrorism.. It's the worst kind of political post hoc rationalization.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 08, 2015, 09:31:29 AM »
The Mormons seem to be doing okay with their crap geography

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 08, 2015, 09:42:12 AM »
It's because it's cultural.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 08, 2015, 10:00:59 AM »
Do you guys think the puritans will militarize and return to England to reclaim their holy land, and precious natural resources?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 08, 2015, 10:02:03 AM »
As far as violence goes, the two most violent religions are clearly muslim and communism. Geography be damned.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 08, 2015, 11:20:06 AM »

So so far we've got...
1. GEOGRAPHY!
2. Lack of trade and resources (or too much?)
3. Poverty
4. Lack of education
5. Oppression
6. "Western" Meddling
7. Corruption
999. Islam (or more correctly a bastardizatiom of a beautiful peaceful religion - founded by a conquering warlord).

Well I'm convinced.

I guess if my post was too difficult for you to understand there's no way you'll handle a book.