Author Topic: Sensible Muslims Doing Sensible Muslim Things in the Name of Islam  (Read 99554 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sensible Muslims Doing Sensible Muslim Things in the Name of Islam
« Reply #250 on: February 05, 2015, 11:11:46 AM »
All the way back to the KKK!  What a stretch!

Batt BcKee: ISIS, Aq, 9/11 = KKK. Your opinion is noted, thanks.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 05, 2015, 11:14:56 AM »
I don't have a problem being on the record of equating the morality of the KKK with that of ISIS.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 05, 2015, 10:18:47 PM »
good to see a leader that isn't afraid to do what's necessary. Jordan and Israel should buddy up.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 05, 2015, 10:20:34 PM »
Yeah, praise Allah that others are finally getting off their asses

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 05, 2015, 10:42:57 PM »
good to see a leader that isn't afraid to do what's necessary. Jordan and Israel should buddy up.

seems like they've been afraid to do something about ISIS for quite a while. Or perhaps more accurately, apathetic.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #256 on: February 05, 2015, 10:49:53 PM »
Our Assclown in Chief just can't help himself. At the National Prayer Breakfast, hs felt compelled to once again draw a moral equivalency between Islamic and Christian brutality, reaching all the way back to the KKK and the Crusades!

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-people-committed-terrible-deeds-in-the-name-of-christ-2015-2

"Unless we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that during the crusades and the inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ," Obama said Wednesday. "And in our home country, slavery, and Jim Crow, all too often was justified in the name of Christ."

What a rough ridin' idiot.

1) willfully generalizes all Christians as kkk crusaders, while warning everyone against doing the same with Muslims. Like literally steps all over himself to avoid it.
2) we're off hundreds of years here. What if Abe was all "the Egyptians enslaved the Jews and the Romans enslaved the Greeks so we should be careful what we say and do about slavery in the us, ya know, so we don't look like hypocrites for what our ancient ancestors did"

How this buffoon isn't called to the mat for these asinine analogies is beyond me. This is pathetic, anti intellectual drivel. Dumbest rough ridin' president ever.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 05, 2015, 10:52:53 PM »

seems like they've been afraid to do something about ISIS for quite a while. Or perhaps more accurately, apathetic.

Well, 300 years ago a Jordanian murdered a radical muslim, so they probably felt awkward retaliating against the unprovoked attack.  If you were brilliant, you'd understand why that makes sense.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 06, 2015, 08:39:22 AM »
Our Assclown in Chief just can't help himself. At the National Prayer Breakfast, hs felt compelled to once again draw a moral equivalency between Islamic and Christian brutality, reaching all the way back to the KKK and the Crusades!

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-people-committed-terrible-deeds-in-the-name-of-christ-2015-2

"Unless we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that during the crusades and the inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ," Obama said Wednesday. "And in our home country, slavery, and Jim Crow, all too often was justified in the name of Christ."

1) willfully generalizes all Christians as kkk crusaders, while warning everyone against doing the same with Muslims. Like literally steps all over himself to avoid it.
2) we're off hundreds of years here. What if Abe was all "the Egyptians enslaved the Jews and the Romans enslaved the Greeks so we should be careful what we say and do about slavery in the us, ya know, so we don't look like hypocrites for what our ancient ancestors did"

How this buffoon isn't called to the mat for these asinine analogies is beyond me. This is pathetic, anti intellectual drivel. Dumbest rough ridin' president ever.

Not to mention the fact that Christianity was probably the primary driving force for abolition of slavery and Jim Crow laws. But these little "facts" don't seem to bother our Chief Assclown - or maybe he's just so stupid that he really doesn't know. No - the important thing is to make sure people understand that Christian extremists are every bit as dangerous and barbaric as Islamic extremists. In fact, it has nothing to do with Islam at all, which is a beautiful religion of peace.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 06, 2015, 08:54:24 AM »

Not to mention the fact that Christianity was probably the primary driving force for abolition of slavery and Jim Crow laws. But these little "facts" don't seem to bother our Chief Assclown - or maybe he's just so stupid that he really doesn't know. No - the important thing is to make sure people understand that Christian extremists are every bit as dangerous and barbaric as Islamic extremists. In fact, it has nothing to do with Islam at all, which is a beautiful religion of peace.

I like to think that Christianity is the driving force behind allowing gays to marry as well.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 06, 2015, 09:48:21 AM »

I like to think that Christianity is the driving force behind allowing gays to marry as well.

No that's Satan. Seriously though - you know what I worry about everytime I board an airplane, especially overseas? That there might be some Christian extremist trying to blow it out of the sky because he's angry about gay marriage or abortion.

I can't repeat this enough: All religions are equally responsible for terrorism, violence, and misery around the globe.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 06, 2015, 11:00:50 AM »

No that's Satan. Seriously though - you know what I worry about everytime I board an airplane, especially overseas? That there might be some Christian extremist trying to blow it out of the sky because he's angry about gay marriage or abortion.

I can't repeat this enough: All religions are equally responsible for terrorism, violence, and misery around the globe.

The only thing I worry about when boarding the plane is that I might get stuck next to some fat person who smells bad. And yeah, I'd say that all religions are close to 0% responsible for terrorism, violence, and misery around the globe.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 06, 2015, 11:38:32 AM »
The only thing I worry about when boarding the plane is that I might get stuck next to some fat person who smells bad. And yeah, I'd say that all religions are close to 0% responsible for terrorism, violence, and misery around the globe.

I'm not sure that last sentence came out right, or maybe you need to rethink it, because you can't really believe that Islam has anywhere close to 0% responsibility for terrorism, violence, and misery around the globe.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 06, 2015, 11:40:45 AM »

I'm not sure that last sentence came out right, or maybe you need to rethink it, because you can't really believe that Islam has anywhere close to 0% responsibility for terrorism, violence, and misery around the globe.

The terrorism, violence, and misery would all still exist without Islam.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 06, 2015, 11:46:19 AM »
A lot of this violence is cultural it's been happening in that part of the world long before Islam was around

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 06, 2015, 11:59:52 AM »
A lot of this violence is cultural it's been happening in that part of the world long before Islam was around

Huh. But Islam is easily the biggest part of their culture. For the radicals Islam is their entire culture. But otherwise good point.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 06, 2015, 12:01:09 PM »

Huh. But Islam is easily the biggest part of their culture. For the radicals Islam is their entire culture. But otherwise good point.

It has more to do with resources and trade than anything else.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 06, 2015, 12:31:17 PM »

Huh. So the Middle East is lacking in resources and trade...

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 06, 2015, 12:48:58 PM »

the unemployment rates are really high. it's one half of a violent and vicious cycle. do you disagree?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 06, 2015, 12:57:35 PM »

If it were lacking in resources and trade, the region would be far more peaceful.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: February 06, 2015, 03:00:32 PM »
The middle east is, like, the birthplace of trade. If you don't think muslim extremism is responsible for a whole shitload of terrorism, you are so rough ridin' obtuse and ignorant you probably don't know what the colors on a stop light mean.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 06, 2015, 03:05:06 PM »
The middle east is, like, the birthplace of trade. If you don't think muslim extremism is responsible for a whole shitload of terrorism, you are so rough ridin' obtuse and ignorant you probably don't know what the colors on a stop light mean.

Yes. People have always fought over that trade, and they always will. Muslim extremism is just a byproduct of the fighting.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 06, 2015, 03:32:52 PM »

Yes. People have always fought over that trade, and they always will. Muslim extremism is just a byproduct of the fighting.

As I've said before, there is poverty, conflict and corruption all over the world, yet nowhere else comes close to the levels of terrorism and violence in the predominanly Islamic regions. It's right in front of you but you refuse to acknowledge it.

www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/02/06/asra_nomani_terrorist_in_jordanian_pilot_video_cited_similar_grievances_obama_aired_at_prayer_breakfast.html

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 06, 2015, 03:42:38 PM »

As I've said before, there is poverty, conflict and corruption all over the world, yet nowhere else comes close to the levels of terrorism and violence in the predominanly Islamic regions. It's right in front of you but you refuse to acknowledge it.

www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/02/06/asra_nomani_terrorist_in_jordanian_pilot_video_cited_similar_grievances_obama_aired_at_prayer_breakfast.html

Sub-Saharan Africa exceeds the levels of terrorism and violence in predominately Islamic regions.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 06, 2015, 03:43:52 PM »

Yes, I'm sure it's the battle over control of the silk road that is the root of the problem, and all the violence in the name of allah is just a cloak.

Holy crap