Author Topic: Mark Fox v. oscar Weber: December 20, 2009  (Read 1176 times)

Offline rob mccolley

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Mark Fox v. oscar Weber: December 20, 2009
« on: January 01, 2015, 01:17:50 AM »
Hey EMAWs, long time no troll.

But naturally, I've been following along. You've earned a special place in the hearts of Illini fans who reject the glass is half-empty/half-full dichotomy in favor of the I don't care how full it is, it's urine view. Your Scout board is even worse than our Scout board. Your reality-based board (here) is more fun than our reality-based board.

The schism in your fanbase may not follow the same schedule as ours. But it seems like you're on Weber Year Five, which should save you some time. You probably know the history already, but I'll recap briefly. In 2008, Weber lost a school-record 19 games. He lost at home to Tennessee State and Miami of Ohio. That was Year Five.

In Year Six, the team Rough Ridin'ed itself to a distant second place tie in the Big Ten, a full game ahead of Penn State, which beat the Illini in Champaign by a score of 38-33. Minnesota finished two games behind the Illini, despite lambasting them 59-36.

Sure, you scored only 12 points in the first half against Georgia. But jeebus, at least the final score looked normal.

Chester Frazier willed that team to more wins than its talent deserved. I retain a lot of respect for Chester Frazier. I also like Chris Lowery. I recommend that you don't blame them for anything. (It's important to remember that no one but oscar Weber is to blame for oscar Weber. This concept can be hard to grasp in the face of Weber's incessant self-praise + blame-casting routine. You guys are smart. I think you'll be able to Point The Finger accurately.)

For me, yesterday's game recalled a time five years (and 11 days) earlier, when Weber was first OutFoxed. It was a time when Illini fans were becoming more vocal in their doubts, calling our Coach of the Year spade a spade.

From the AP: The Illini (8-3) never led in the second half until Demetri McCamey's three-point play with 35.6 seconds remaining made it 67-66. Sounds familiar, yeah?

I covered the game as well. I just looked back at my articles from that time, and based on reader comments, it seems to be the month when the wool left my eyes.

http://www.smilepolitely.com/sports/why_georgia_why/

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 01:21:00 AM by rob mccolley »

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Re: Mark Fox v. oscar Weber: December 20, 2009
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 01:21:11 AM »
I, for one, have to take this seriously.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 01:22:31 AM »

- See more at: http://www.smilepolitely.com/sports/why_georgia_why/#sthash.TsVNvdiS.dpuf

Weber has forgotten Semrau again. And because he coaches from a position that's between three and 10 feet out on the court, he can't even see Semrau on the bench.

:lol:

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 01:27:06 AM »
omg :lol:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 08:50:45 AM »
Trim?

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 11:45:08 AM »
You mean all this is a replay, of sorts, of something that's happened before?

Offline yat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 09:31:02 AM »
Quote from: http://www.smilepolitely.com/sports/why_georgia_why/

http://www.smilepolitely.com/sports/why_georgia_why/

Illini wheelchair basketball letter winners Scot Hollonbeck and Steve von Nordheim had great seats,

pfft

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 09:47:57 AM »
Quote from: rob mccolley on January 01, 2015, 01:17:50 AM

you are a very good drunk writer

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 10:18:10 AM »
I guess Illini fans come here to tell us about oscar Weber because the major sports teams at Illinois are mired deep in a pit of mediocrity, with two oscar Weber's (or worse) of their own running the show.   

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 10:27:39 AM »
This has a familiar tone:

By Alex Roux | Basketball columnist | 0 comments
By now, Illinois fans should be conditioned to expect the worst.
Why would any Illini basketball fan feel comfortable up 13 in the second half against Michigan? Why should they?
For the fourth time this season, this Illinois team has folded like a lawn chair down the stretch, losing 73-65 in overtime to the Wolverines on Tuesday afternoon.

But hey, lets go talk oscar Weber on a K-State board.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 10:28:55 AM »
pray for us.